26 yrs FMCG and Retail professional at CXO level in the field of Sales , Consumer , Shopper , Digital and Customer Marketing coupled with finance - commercial acumen in India & East Africa Market.
Leadership attributes are driven by the core values of managing with respect , lead by example , give and seek feedback , out of box approach and value unique contributions of team member . . Driven by passion and logical interpretation . Geared for Digital leadership . Exhibit sound knowledge in Start up venture and Channel Management .
Role performed : CEO - Malbros , Kenya ( An emerging food company in East Africa ) I Ex Vice President : Future Group India ( 3.5 Billion US$ company) I Ex Vice President : Aditya Birla Group India ( 44 Billion US$ company ) I Business Head : Spencer's Retail India - 2 Billion US $ Company I Regional Manager - Customer Marketing Head - District Manger - Trade Marketing Manager - Brand Manager role : Colgate Palmolive (I) Ltd I
• Spearhead strategies to steer company’s growth more than the industry growth rate. In charge of topline and bottom-line deliverables.
• Play an integral role in nurturing own Super brands (Nuvita brand – Biscuits & confectionary), Packaged Staple foods (Daawat brand – Spaghetti, pasta, oats, pulses and rice) and condiments (RICO brand – Tomato ketchup, Tomato paste and Jams) to create values among the consumers.
• Create technology driven system to enable efficiency: implementation of Business SAP, Transport Tracking and Mobility apps for Logistics & Sales Force.
• Lead a performance driven team through coaching and mentoring, Inculcate the values of Managing with Respect.
• Lead profit center business operations of the Household Personal care, Beauty accessories, Food & Beverages to ensure consistent and profitable growth in revenues to meet organization objectives and Profit Centre.
• Developed enterprise/institutional channel strategies. Explored and developed new sales/growth opportunities across the various sales channels.
• Brought in distribution penetration of 0.15 million outlets across Personal -Home - Beauty care, Food & Beverages category in 6 months from launch.
• Championed SAP HANA implementation (Sales & Distribution module) across the organization (16 companies) in 11 months.
• Facilitated planning and execution of Personal Care startup. Setting up Operations, Production planning, Creating Team, Sales & Marketing.
• Initiated category management in Modern Trade, Trade promotions, 5P execution at In-store level & budgeting exercise.
• Successfully registered PAT of 11% in FY 17-18 in Skincare wipes category against budgeted 7.5%.
• Planned and executed business strategies for Dabur International (Oral care & Personal care), Britvic (Beverages) & Cadburys in Kenya & Uganda in Modern & Traditional Trade.
• Gained 19% market share in biscuit category within 20 months of launch.
• Created Robinson Juices under Beverages category (Robinson) GTM road map in Modern Trade in Kenya & Uganda market.
• Keyed out the launch strategy of Nuvita brand biscuit & Packaged Staples in Kenya market.
• Led top-line/bottom-line deliverables for FMCG product portfolio & Agro-commodity business with a turnover of $ 15mn.
• Drove operation cost/deliverables vs budgeted figures through optimization exercise of Process, People & Technology.
• P&L responsibility of 220000 sq ft of trading area (4 hyper market & 22 daily stores) with monthly turnover of 2.2mn Us$.
• Handled financial metric & commercial hygiene across store operation, Distribution Center operations & supply chain management.
• Formulating & Implementing merchandising strategy across 10 categories in terms of revenue & margin growth plan.
• Handled Multiple Food and Beverage Brands (Carbonated and Non-Carbonated).
• Developed Food & Beverages category through 5P execution across all catchments
• Pioneered business operations for attaining profit targets and value sales for FMCG, Grocery and Fruits & Vegetables Business in Kolkata.
• Instrumental in launching 50+ supermarkets across catchments and driving the business operations
• Developed customer marketing initiatives – Go to Market, Instore execution, Planogramming and Category Management.
• Managed brand growth plan matrix /dealer network in Urban/Rural markets through distribution plan in Traditional (general) Trade. Execute JBP in Modern trade. Pioneered the implementation of Colgate Max Fresh toothpaste launch in 2006
• Judged the Best Merchandizing Initiative across Pan India in 2006
• Managed North East India and attained the No. 1 position/district in the country in 2002.
• Played a pivotal role in positioning Bengal Team as the highest performing district with 18% growth in 2003 over 2002.
• Chalking & Implementation of GTM across Oral care (Colgate toothpaste, toothbrush & toothpowder) and Personal care (Palmolive – bodywash, soaps, handwash & shave preps)
• Accomplished Freshness segment share of Colgate-Palmolive crossed 53% in Kolkata against national share of segment at 44%.
District Manager Role :
• Spearheaded Sales team & building distribution Infra in North & East India (200 Mn populated area) & setting up alternative channel at Bhutan.
Brand Manager Role :
• Handled Strategic business and marketing plan in Hair Care & Winter Skin Care category and dealt with New products bundle development in Skin Care category.
• Generated 33% Operating profit in Winter Skin care against the budgeted 29%
One Year Program in Business Management in the top most B-School in India
MBA equivalent program - Topped the class ( Gold Medalist ) . Passed with Honours.
Scored "A "Grade . One of the premiere institute in India.
Bachelor of Science from Top most Premiere Institute of India