Dear Hiring Manager:
Upon reviewing your posting for the Finance position, I’m submitting my resume for your review. With my combination of experience and education, I rest assured that I can be the champion in this role.
My background has prepared me to make ethical and knowledgeable accounting, finance, human resources, and project management decisions. For instance, I can efficiently manage resources, execute the budgeting and forecasting activities, carry out profit and cost analysis, etc. I’m proficient in cost-saving, managing business connections, and guaranteeing a smooth working of control systems. Besides, I can assign objectives to my peers and manage their performance. Also, I’m motivated for challenges as I can manage a team on whom I can exercise my authority while playing a leadership role and delegate tasks to oversee all steps with respect to diversity, cultural difference, and gender.
Losing control of your finances and operations can make the rise of different risks such as over budget spending, missed opportunity to save money, an open door for fraud and misappropriation, and make the business be subject to penalty from its financing partners. With my business savvy, I aim to demonstrate an awareness of your business by always looking to improve processes, find efficiencies, and provide feedback that will drive your business to the next level.
I’m seeking a new opportunity for professional growth and challenge under my strong work ethic. I enjoy working with others and am a great communicator. I’m energetic, organized, confident with a positive attitude. I’m assertive yet approachable, reasonable, and demonstrate humility. Moreover, I’m a critical thinker, a strong problem solver, and not afraid of difficult situations.
I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
• Played an essential role in managing a $65M budget.
• Led the budget review, approval, and submission process.
• Reconciled $5M operating expenses, $15M capital expenditures, and $45M revenue accounts.
• Performed expenditures and revenue forecast.
• Performed actual analysis against budget and variances investigation.
• Provided adept advice on financial issues and improved the account payable process.
• Carried out financial KPI analysis and reporting with interpretation as required.
• Identified control issues and delivered professional advice.
• Provided expert advice on financial issues and tips to improve the accounts payable process.
• Collaborated in developing $2M of project budgets with project managers.
• Performed costs and expenses analysis against budget and variances/trends analysis.
• Prepared monthly cost-to-date reports.
• Investigated variances and submitted reports to management.
• Prepared and mailed invoices with appropriate backup documents to clients.
• BI-weekly reviewed and updated the cash flow forecast.
• Produced financial reports with KPI and performance variance analysis.
• Set up new projects in Deltek Vision, transferred employee billable hours/expenses.
• Prepared financial reports with metrics (KPI) analysis and performance variance analysis.
• Analyzed expenditures against budget and monitored unbilled works.
• Collaborated in developing $3M of project budgets with project managers.
• Executed regular cost-benefit analysis for all projects.
• Produced and sent invoices with appropriate backup documents to clients.
• Prepared financial reports with metrics and performance variance analysis.
• Reduced revenue derecognition in limiting invoice setback by 25%.
• Completed project close-out procedures.
• Oversaw payroll cycle till salary wire and produced and distributed pay stubs
• Performed monthly trial balance, accruals, payroll cost and benefit inputs into SAP.
• Prepared the financial components of the compensation budget reviews and submissions, and monthly report.
• Partnered with 3 auditors and the accounting team to ensure the efficiency of the year-end audit.
• Delivered effective administration to benefits offering & solved tier-one questions and solved payroll claims.
• Assisted with the management of human resources programs and recruitment process.
• Conducted an impact analysis on the overall budget and compensation program change.
• Analyzed compensation budget and provided relevant management reports.
• Improved by 90% employee profiles by generating high-volume changes in the payroll system.
• Earned salary increase followed by a promotion over a year due to exceptional performance in benefits administration and compensation management functions.
• Oversaw accounts payable and receivable including purchase order management, billing, collections, vendor payment, and payment receipts recording.
• Processed credit notes for customers when required and solved other problems.
• Performed accounts reconciliation with reports and provided accounts statements.
• Managed 200 employees’ payroll and delivered benefits offering on a monthly basis.
• Performed journal entries, monthly, month-end, and year-end adjustments.
• Prepared the first draft of monthly financial statements and analyzed variances.
• Performed costs analysis against budget and updated cash flow schedule.
• Implemented financial control that resulted in eliminating tax arrear fine and cost drop by 15%.
The programme was offered online
A 4-years bachelor's degree completed in 3 1/2 without credits transfer.
An advanced diploma offered by the Graduate School of Management in Abidjan (Cote D'Ivoire) in partnership with ICM in the UK.
A 2-years College Diploma commonly called "Brevet de Technicien Superieur" or BTS in French.