Dear Hiring Manager:
As an analytical and experienced financial professional with more than 12 years of experience leading a broad range of accounting and controller responsibilities, I am well positioned to surpass expectations as your next Financial Controller.
From controlling accounting tasks and analyzing financials and budgets to coordinate procedures, policies, and system implementations, and producing detailed financial reports, I excel in performing and controlling all accounting and financial concerns. My success in managing cash flows as well as my competence in improving and updating internal controls, processes, prepared me to make a great impact on your organization in this role. Furthermore, I excel at training and leading high-yield staff to ascertain maximal accuracy and productivity.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
Accurately managing financial analyses, reporting, payroll, regulatory, and tax filings, to realize optimal cost efficiency and containment.
Forecasting and administering budgets of up to $100M while identifying areas for cost reduction and measurably increasing annual revenues.
Managing companies' relationships with banks, authorities, and other stakeholders.
Improving internal controls to safeguard companies’ assets and eliminate theft and waste.
Excelling within limited, fast-paced environments while resolving issues and motivating peers to increase productivity.
Earning a Bachelor of Commerce in finance and multiple accounting courses; currently pursuing MBA through the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
With my experience in leading corporate accounting operations, combined with my interpersonal and organizational skills and my extensive technological proficiencies, I am ready to provide remarkable service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution to this role. Thank you for your consideration.
• Administer bank software program (Scotia Connect) for electronic payments and maintain vendor profiles
• Prepare daily cash position and short-term cash forecasting reports for executive management
• Oversee and analyze bank weekly transactions and bank reports
• Manage daily cash balance to ensure there is sufficient funds for payments while minimizing bank charges/fees.
• Coordinate and set up and process weekly electronic supplier payments
• Audit employees’ weekly expense reports and timesheets to ensure reasonability and accuracy before posting
• Process electronic employee expenses payments/reimbursement via Scotia connect online platform
• Keep a record of clients’ payments (cash receipts) against accounts receivable and make bank deposits
• Perform journal entries of bank charges and bi-weekly bank reconciliations
• Collect, analyze data, and provide people analytics information for Ontario Health & Safety statistical report
• Prepare month-end financial/management reports KPIs in $US/$CAD providing data visualization value
• Recommend improvements to the treasury processes and procedures including opportunities to save cost
Key Achievement: Provided a high level of service by responding to all project managers’ inquiries within a reasonable timeframe in order to maintain the finance team’s reliability and efficiency
• Executed and assisted with incoming payments from other ministries as well as ensured they are respect protocol of agreement and according to deadlines
• Co-ordinated vendor electronic payments utilizing internal and internet-based platforms
• Prepared and analyzed daily cash report, providing recommendations to the Financial Management Lead for the redistribution of liquidity and revolver draw / pay downs
• Met with managers to understand and collect their upcoming expenditures’ needs
• Collected and analyzed past data across multiple systems to populate the budget template
• Planned and led a $65M budget consolidation, review, approval, and submission process
• Prepared OPEX, CAPEX forecast, actuals analysis, reconciled $5M OPEX, $15M CAPEX
• Controlled budget vs actuals, provided variances analysis, investigated deviations and applied corrective actions
• Provided adept advice on financial issues and improved account payable process
• Monitored revenue accounts, updated cash flow forecast, and reconciled recoveries accounts
Key Accomplishment: Improve the accounts payable process resulted in reducing vendors payment time by 2 days
• Collaborated in developing $2M of project budgets with project managers.
• Performed costs and expenses analysis against budget and variances/trends analysis.
• Prepared monthly cost-to-date reports.
• Investigated variances and submitted reports to management.
• Prepared and mailed invoices with appropriate backup documents to clients.
• BI-weekly reviewed and updated the cash flow forecast.
• Produced financial reports with KPI and performance variance analysis.
• Set up all new projects and costs in the Deltek Vision.
• Handled project team expenses reporting and reimbursement requests from the project management team
• Analyzed capital and operating spending (accruals) against budget and monitored unbilled works
• Collaborated in developing project budgets of $3M with project managers and updated project progress status
• Prepared monthly cost-to-date reports and variances analysis for each project
• Conducted projects cost-benefit analysis and assisted project managers with project risks management
• Prepared and mailed bills/invoices with supporting documents to clients in accordance with terms
• Recommended process improvements to the billing cycle that resulted in a decrease in invoice reversal
• Prepared reports with KPI and performance variance analysis.
• Managing various projects financials valuing more than $150M in total
• Attained a 25% reduction in reversal invoices due to billing cycle improvement
• Oversaw payroll for national and international workers and produced pay stubs and management reports
• Prepared the economic components of the compensation budget review, submissions, and monthly accounts
• Executed monthly trial balance, accruals, payroll, cost, and benefit inputs into SAP
• Conducted an impact analysis on the overall budget for a compensation program change
• Delivered effective administration to benefits offering, solved payroll claims and produced HR analytics report
• Provided post-payroll HR analytics metrics for workforce performance management
• Coordinated and investigated end-month undelivered electronic salary payments
• Achieved 90% employees profile improvement in generating high-volume changes
• Formulated overtime expense control and achieved about 25% reduction of overtime hours
• Diagnosed and reported payroll fraudsters who misappropriated over $ 50K in a year.
• Coordinated accounts payable; purchase order, invoice matching, and coding, vendor engagement, and vendor payment
• Coordinated accounts receivable; credit checks, billing/invoicing, collections, client cheques deposit, payment receipt recording
• Processed credit notes for customers when required and solved other problems
• Accomplished accounts reconciliation with reports and provided accounts statements to customers.
• Performed journal entries, month and year-end journal entries and monitored bank accounts with online systems
• Prepared the initial review of monthly financial statements and analyzed variances
• Performed monthly bank reconciliation, assisted with the cash flow forecast, and cash flow schedule update
• Managed 200 employees’ payroll and delivered benefits offering on a monthly basis
Key Achievement: Developed internal controls, resulting in eliminating tax arrears penalty & cost drop by 15%.
Expected graduation in December 2022
The programme was offered online
A 4-years bachelor's degree completed in 3 1/2 without credits transfer.
An advanced diploma offered by the Graduate School of Management in Abidjan (Cote D'Ivoire) in partnership with ICM in the UK.
A 2-years College Diploma commonly called "Brevet de Technicien Superieur" or BTS in French.