I get motivated by being offered a challenging job for which I have to be on my toes all the time.
• Container Terminal Operators at Port of Tema) Duties and Responsibilities.
• Coordinates all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Issues including but not limited to:
• Conduction and implementation of Risk Assessments.
• Inspections and Audits, including Security Assessment and Audits of Port Facilities.
• Accident/Incident Investigations.
• Coordination of Permit to Work System
• Emergency Response.
• Security Surveillance and ISPS Code Implementation.
• Act as Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) for MPS
• Management Reporting for both Local and Regional.
• Any other duties that are assigned by Legal & HSSE Manager and/or CEO.
• Acts as Company Safety expert.
• Review and implement a comprehensive health, safety and environmental action plan to continuously improve all aspects of safety and environmental management.
• Ensure that Company risk and legal register is updated with current requirements and ensure that employees' health issues are managed to comply with legislation and best industry practice.
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Making sure that all ISO standards subscribed to by AEL are conformed to and maintained such as ISO 14001 and 9001.
• Developed and Coordinates all SHE related trainings.
• Implemented and coordinated permit to work system.
• Conduct SHE Inspections and Audits of Company operations.
• Develop and implement site specific Emergency Response Procedures.
• Responsible for developing a positive SHE culture within the workforce.
• Managing plant resources to meet production targets through systematic planning and evaluating of operations.
• Coordinating of Logistics and Distribution within AEL to ensure customer satisfaction whilst maintaining working capital cost at acceptable levels.
• Managing all Project costs effectively, on time and to meet requirements of AEL.
• Ensuring that AEL production performance meets agreed standards of safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
• The Lead person responsible and managing efforts of production team.
• Ensure there is continuous improvement in all aspects of AEL operations.
• Preparation of budgets for the SHE and Operations Department.
• Ensure that there is resource efficiency in the use and ordering of raw materials. Responsible for all operational issues including security and destruction of redundant explosives in accordance with legal requirements.
MSc. in Engineering and Management
International General Certificate In OHS, NEBOSH.
Post Graduate Diploma (Pg Diploma) in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management