An accomplished and multi-skilled senior finance professional with 20+ years verifiable experience in working across the Commodity, Flour Mill, Oil Refinery, and Cotton Agriculture industries sectors. Verifiable experience in implementing operational and financial processes including financial planning & analysis, financial reporting, month-end closure complimented with knowledge of US-GAAP, GAAS, IFRS, SOX, OHADA and SAP-FICO.
• Led the preparation of business planning, assessed finance requirements, developed strategies for budgeting and reviewed the financial performance of the business.
• Responsibility for a turnover of circa $140 Million for the division, including budgeting, forecasting, long range planning, and reporting and analysis.
• Ensured compliance to financial regulations as well as financial policies and procedures.
• Developed a streamlined cash flow and cash forecasting process that delivered improved predictability and control.
• Identified/removed wastage costs, improved process efficiencies and formal budgeting practices and delivered cost savings of $200K per month.
• Successfully led the verification of the fixed asset, including physical verification, reclassification as per IFRS, ensured that all related invoices were in place and coding of the asset.
• Led the preparation of business planning, assessing finance requirements, developed strategies for budgeting and reviewed the financial performance of the business.
• Successfully implemented SOPs that improved inventory accuracy from 65% to 90%.
• Streamlined monthly closing procedures and reduced the total time from 15 to 7 days.
• Prepared budgets including explanation of any variances.
• Delivered training on advanced Excel, assessed performance, conducted appraisals and recognised individuals’ needs for further coaching and training.
• Prepared monthly General Ledger reconciliation, including bank and cash accounts, reviewed AP/AR batches for proper General Ledger Coding before posting and reviewed Payroll Schedule before transmission to ADP.
• Recognised as the Corporate Liaison with external auditors, tax authorities, legal representation and other 3rd party companies.
• Entered financial data and ensured that timelines were met regarding BV /MIS/PnL/BS/NIS.
• Utilised SAP for accounting, flow of transactions and reporting.
• Produced financial reports including annual budgets as well as Operating Cost, Major overheads.
• Filed VAT returns on time, conducted physical stock count and performed reconciliation and accounting for any difference with explanations.
• Identified financial risks with appropriate mitigations before reporting to the wider team.
• Ownership/responsibility for country’s finance/accounting and MIS deliverables.
• Coordinated/managed reconciliations, A/P and A/R, fixed assets, and cash management.
• Consistently filed tax returns to the government authority under strict time constraints.
• Reviewed, monitored and recorded company expenses each month.
• Recognised as the Subject Matter Expert on two green field projects for the construction of two new wheat flour mills with a budget of $55 Million for each project with responsibility for the finance and accounting function of a grain business.
• Rewarded for excellent performance in the role and achieved a special ward for exceptional contributions in 2002, for successfully completing external audit and MIS compilation in 2006 and achieved a Certificate of Excellence for comprehensive executing and reporting, annual award 2009.
• Played a leading role in the implementation of the system for a new business setup during the commercial production for Olam Ghana Ltd & Olam Senegal SA.
• Liaised with bank, insurance companies, solicitor, internal, external Auditor and Tax Auditor for the preparation of company Annual Financial Report and tax returns.
Budgeting, Profitability forecasting, strategic financial planning and analysis statutory reporting.
Financial analysis, preparation of Monthly Financial Reporting (MFR).
Business Management, control measures financial controlling.
Accounting Procedures, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting.
Leadership, training and team building.
Articulate Oral and Written Communication.
Cost, Revenue Variance Analysis and financial controlling.
Excellent interpersonal, Negotiation & Mediation skill.
Feasibilities Studies and financial projection.
Procurement, Supply Chain and logistics.