• Managed and control budget of US$1 million
• Managed, mentor and train a team of 10 employees
• Provide vision and strategy for the overall financial health of the company, which includes financial decisions to ensure adherence to budgets
• Oversee annual budget, making cost recommendations throughout the year to ensure its adequately managed
• Responsible for recruiting, training, mentoring and disciplining managers as well as appraising job results, developing incentives and fostering climate openness.
• Ensure values, strategies and objectives are communicated and achieved
• Develop and present strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities
• Realise objectives by implementing plans, budgets and results measurements
• Coordinate the allocation of resources, review and refine progress as needed to ensure objective are achieved
• Manage procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
• Ensure company image is maintained through collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Review financial statements and other performance data on a regular basis to maintain continuity
• Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
• Motivate employees, working with them to set and meet sales goals.
• Analyse sales numbers to find weaknesses in the system and cost-saving opportunities.
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• I started a Décor Hiring Business (for weddings and functions) in Pretoria after relocating back to South Africa, which was built on the same principal as my previous Décor Hiring company called Nici’s, which I owned and managed for four (4) years before going to Ghana (please refer to CV for more detail). Currently I have a client that has shown great interest in purchasing the current company and stock holding to expand her business.
• I see this as an opportunity to go back to the corporate world as it suits my personality and career objectives much better than the small business milieu. I miss the fast-phased environment with all the challenges and rewards it has to offer.
• Working as an expat for 7 years, I have learnt numerous ways to deal with demanding clients and how to meet their expectations in difficult and challenging economic and social environments, which I believe strongly is a great trait to have in any business.
• Working in many different fields I am able to adapt very easily to any situation, company culture and people from any nationality and understanding their way of life and doing business, this I believe will be an attribute to any organisation to build and grow professionally and in my own personal capacity.
• Key member of team of new start-up business
• Grew customer base by 60%, increased portfolio earnings by 40%
• Created and trained the new sales and marketing team
• Implemented service level agreements
• Worked along the sales team to increase and maximize sales opportunities that will maximize revenue for the entire organisation by seeking new clients.
• Assist in managing existing business accounts and ensure they stay healthy throughout the year.
• Primary role is to engage/sign new clients through various media and personal calls.
• Plans effective strategies to persuade other businesses to do business with our organisation.
• Responsible for all marketing of the company, products and services. Analyse and plan innovative strategies for selling.
• Build healthy relationships with all existing and new clients.
• Determine sales targets and ensure they are successfully achieved.
• Understands the company’s reputation and ensure to retain that image by continually enhancing the organisation’s performance
Managed the entire front and back of house operations for this popular and busy restaurant
• Successfully managed restaurant with annual budget of US$3 million
• Managed, trained and mentored a team of 85 employees.
• Launched new products and brands on a quarterly basis
• Successfully built beneficial relationships with multiple vendors, conducted advanced price analyses and secured favourable pricing agreements
• Effectively managed stock, ensuring efficient supplies of required goods
• Successfully marketed and promoted the establishment, ensured financial growth, achieved sales targets and adhered to budgets
• Developed a close working relationship with senior shareholders, maintained open lines of communication and reported on the performance of the restaurant
• Executed performance appraisals, motivated and managed staff and encouraged job satisfaction and a reduction in staff turn-over
• Ran staff and management meetings, encouraged ongoing feedback and improvements to daily operations
• Successfully managed, trained and mentored a team of 45 employees
• Trained all new Front of House personnel
• Was promoted after 2 years
• Successfully executed a shift-based role, coordinated all activities of the restaurant
• Provided a comprehensive personnel management function, including, recruiting and selecting qualified staff; scheduling and supervising shifts; managing, motivating and appraising staff performance and aligning staff conduct with company values and service standards
• Accurately analysed sales performance and implementing sales plans for future growth while being accountable for the overall financial performance of the restaurant
• Designed and implemented strategies to drive profit, increase sales and equip personnel with knowledge and skills for further development
• Planned menus with the General Manager and Food and Beverage Manager
• Prepared comprehensive and accurate weekly reports on staff control, food control and sales and acting as the duty manager as required
Established own business specializing in the rental of decor for weddings and corporate functions
• Voted by SABIA as the best decor hiring company in SA in 2010
• Managed all aspects of the daily operations of the company including driving sales and financial growth; securing a comprehensive database of preferred suppliers; overseeing administration and logistics; and managing staff
• Executing in-depth industry research; designing and implementing marketing campaigns, updating website and participating in networking events and in industry forums
• Identifying potential vendors; ensuring vendor performance meets required standards; and successfully negotiating terms of sale
• Maintaining documentation; managing accounts; preparing tax forms; and ensuring timeous payment for services rendered
• Recruiting, selecting, training and managing a team of staff
Small Business Management I,II,III
Labour Relations & Law II
Cost & Estimating
Strategic Accommodation Management 60%
Building Control Systems 60%
Structuring & Man. Facility Organizations 70%
Management Skills 80%
Communication Skills 66%
Financial Decision-making & Inf. Systems 60%
Food Management & Hygiene 81%
Quality Management 70%