With more than 10 years of experience in the transport, mining and industry sectors and more than 5 years in the logistics sector, your offer perfectly meets my professional project. I am passionate about my job as Procurement and Supply Chain in general. The continuous change and the adrenaline that comes with it perfectly nourish my thirst for discovery.
With a Master's Marketing and Management of International Trade in Senegal in 2009 and a Master's degree in Strategic Procurement in 2018, my experience is based on solid and relevant training that perfectly reflects the duality of my profile commercial and logistician. A voluntary choice that allows me today to use a wide range of essential skills at the level of excellence you expect from your future employee. My leadership and concern for the job well done allow me to perform my duties with quality and commitment, thus managing the Supply Chain brilliantly, defining the group's service agreements and supervising flows. optimal supply, transportation and storage for a fleet of spare parts valued at between $20 million and $30 million. I have a very good mastery of computerized tools (MS Office, SAGE, Navision, SUN, SAP). This allowed me to easily set up an order tracking system that reduced air transport costs by 15%. My generosity and willingness to stimulate others make me, I think, a good talent detector. So I enjoyed recruiting, training and motivating a team of 12 following the management of BIA's new offices in 2013 as Area Sales Manager. It was within the shipping giant A.P Moller Maersk, that I made my first weapons. I developed skills to excel even in a complex multinational context. My open-mindedness and adventurous character constantly push the limits of my abilities. I am not afraid to step out of my comfort zone, and am proud to have developed my international career, thus encouraging the learning (and now mastery) of the English language.
Started off as a Logistics Superintendent leading all logistics planning and execution, to support the mine. Rapidly evolved to Procurement & Logistics Superintendent, with the responsibility of managing the entire operation procurement function, and seconding the Supply Chain Manager.
• Design and deliver logistics strategy
• Actively plan and meet material needs and contractual requirements
• Negotiate agreements with suppliers and maintain strong business relationships with them
• Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action
• Participate in the implementation of sustainable development policies and procedures
• Active engagement in safety meetings and discussions
• Oversee the work of the Freight Forwarding contractor
• Ensure Logistics & Customs and permit requirements are understood and adhered to, for both the country of export and the country of import, to avoid fines and unnecessary costs
• Ensure adherence to group logistics policies, procedures and legislation in the countries where the operations take place
• Oversee the Inbound Materials and Equipment movements in line with operational requirements
• Engage with Government Agencies to ensure undisrupted and efficient operations
Spearheaded the entire commercial function. Set up and put in place BIA Overseas Office in Mali (creation, business plan, sales forecasts, marketing strategy…) and expand activities across West Africa.
• Malian market mapping & analysis
• Built a team of 12 talented professionals (sales, accounting, administration, support)
• Prospected designated market in collaboration with BIA Overseas sales teams in Senegal.
• Achieved and negotiated equipment and accessories with prospects
• Liaised with customers on site or HQ and nurturing premium relationship
• Achieved exponential growth with a turnover reaching $12 Million in 2017
Responsible for driving business growth and realising profitable sales volumes on fuel, lubricants, bitumen… for mining and construction companies, as well as residential customers.
• Developed and maintained commercial relations with customers
• Channel Partner management including gas / petrol stations, as well as garage network partners
• Coaching and training of the commercial team
• Projects coordination (Logistic, transport, invitation to tender, etc)
Customer Service Manager Maersk Mali SA
Account Manager for large organisations such as WFP, CRS, Oryx, Moolmans, Randgold, Sonatam. In charge of leading best practices to drive the development of customer culture/customer service experiences with effective policy and process frameworks, to best address customer needs and behaviours.
• Defined best practice service level agreements (SLA), targets and KPI's, ensuring consistent alignment to the company’s vision
• Led the way in defining the customer journey across the business
• Embedded a culture of “customer first” in the branch
Head of internal Sales and Operation for Mali Market
Support and supervise all sales activities by driving focus on client needs and executing Maersk Logistics business development strategy
• Number one Account Manager for Total, MDL - Sabodola, Philip Morris, Trentyre…
• Formulated long term business development strategy plan for Malian market together with Maersk Line and Safmarine Sales Manager and Maersk Logistics Country Manager
• Operations management (negotiation of ports tax, customs fees, etc.)
• Contract management : Ensured contract with truckers and Transrail with consistent focus on cost-saving and process-efficiency
Logistics Manager, Maersk Mali SA (Mali)
• Promoted to the position of Logistics Manager in charge of developing client base in Maersk Logistics product to strengthening Maersk Logistics presence in the Malian market.
• Customs clearance import export, air freight cargo, less than container load, warehousing, all trucking activities and all bulk activities handled by Maersk logistics in Mali.
Advanced diploma in Strategic Sourcing and category management in Kenya Nairobia.