Responsible for all the commercial operations leading to sales into Lagos, West and East and Corporate regions.
• Created a business-tracking tool that achieved improved accuracy in customer forecasting as well as a heightened understanding of current territory base business and future sales growth.
• Implemented 12-month promotional plans, with top accounts, which allowed supply chain and inventory planning to work more efficiently.
• Manage a diverse team of Territory Business Managers, Distribution Channel Account Managers, and Operations Program Managers
• Train, coach and develop FSM and FSO to improve their performance, establish goals and achieve objectives that tie into the Region's budgetary responsibilities
• Providing help and advice to customers using the organisation's products and services. Constant communications with updating customers with prices, special discounts, promos and rebates and leading to 90% company's products availability and visibility at their outlets through the country.
• Being a point of escalation for all customer service issues. Issues are escalated within 24 hours and closed within 48 hours leading to 93% resolution of all incoming customer requests and problems.
• Investigating and solving customers' problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by other departments. Persuaded 80% of cancelling customers to continue using company's products.
• Designed and implemented customer service procedures, policies and standards for the organisation or department
• Actively identifying areas where processes and systems can be improved so that costs can be saved or revenue increased. Areas such as delay deliveries, complaints
Managed a successful sales support team and ensured that the team consistently meets or exceeds daily sales performance metrics leading to 100% sales growth for the 3-year period
• Worked closely with Head of Sales Operations to develop and drive strategy through discussions and field intelligence with Field Sales Team.
• Managed all order to cash processes, credit sales and reduced company’s exposures to less than 5%
• Analysed performance metrics data and leveraged it to effectively coach and develop the Sales Support team.
• Introduced higher standards for customer service and increased efficiency by streamlining operations.
• Contacted customers as soon as issues arose to immediately find resolution before the problems escalate.
• Built strong client relationships and provided high value-adding services, resulting in a 15% company market share increase.
• Trained Field sales Managers on sales and account management practices to reduce process lags and enhance performance, efficiency and profitability.
• Managed Sales Operations expenses to ensure delivery of internal gross margin goals.
• Effectively managed Sales Operations expenses to ensure delivery of internal gross margin goals.
• Developed and assigned monthly sales quotas to 6 regional sales managers in nationwide.
Directly participated in strategic business planning, market analysis, customer relationship development and contract negotiations for the Company.
• Managed existing clients and ensure service level agreements are met.
• Achieved sales targets and provided support that will continually improve their relationship with clients.
• Grew customer based by 10% and retained existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
• Managed the market research and reporting infrastructure such that aid informed decision making and strategy development.
• Planned and executed Client Retention strategy.
• Participated in the development of contracts and agreements.
• Identified opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Tracked and recorded activity on accounts and managed to close deals to meet these targets.
• Developed and implemented the company's business development strategies.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Managed and coordinated all aspects of inventory control, order fulfilment, and logistic operations for all supplies, material flow, and storage of inventory for widely-dispersed processing operations; prepared operational forecasts of supply requirements to maximize use of all resources to establish and maintain operational readiness.
• BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Managed annual budget administration of over $4.5 million including disbursement and accounting of monies for inventory, supplies, resources, and equipment; directed all internal audits for compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, and all contractual agreements. Participated in the establishment of budget objectives for the organization, analysed supply and equipment needs for production, and developed current and long range plans for purchases and requests. Oversaw the monthly review of actual performance against budgeted goals and identified expenses and/or labor variances, and ensured corrective measures were promptly implemented.
• INVENTORY CONTROL: Planned, coordinated, and monitored the storage, safety, location verification, and inventories for assets valued in excess of $15 million annually. Oversaw all wall-to-wall inventories; managed and coordinate random counts, daily, weekly, and on a monthly basis for all inventories and provide reports and updates concerning physical inventory discrepancies.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT: Worked closely with Clearing/Forwarding agents and shipping lines personnel to determine shipping/receiving information for merchandise; worked with outside vendors to coordinate delivery of required inventory to ensure inventory is delivered and available to clients in a timely manner. Tracked logistic transactions using appropriate recording systems and oversaw the routing of merchandise to ensure that inventory requirements were met and maintained.
Prepared a sales forecast and a profitability analysis document to determine the payback period of selected fuel outlets.
• Developed a co-branding document for both existing and newly acquired retail outlets.
• Analysed post acquisition integration strategies of previously acquired outlets.
• Prepared weekly sales reports of all retail outlets for management meetings.
• Reconciled internal financial adjustments among all business units.
Participated in the installation of various electrical motors on production lines.
• Participated in the installation and test running of a 1000KVA and 500KVA generators.
• Assigned to service electrical motors on production lines.
• Received training on servicing power plants and worked with minimum supervision.