1. Chartered Accountant and member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) – UK and Institute of Chartered Accountant (ICAG) – Ghana.
2. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) – Global (USA).
3. MBA in Management and Administration from Oxford Brookes University – UK.
4. Twelve years practical experience in finance, accounting, audit and internal controls with companies in various industries and countries.
5. Experienced in Financial Reporting standards – IFRS and SYSCOA (Guidelines for Financial Reporting in Francophone West/Central African Countries).
6. Experienced in developing and implementing operational policies, procedures and internal controls.
7. Proficient in MS Office Packages, Dynamic NAV, PASTEL and ERP Applications.
8. Fluent in English and French with a sound editorial ability in both.
PW Mining International Burkina Faso is a member of the PW Group operating in Contract Mining and Civil Engineering Construction with Mining Operations in several countries in Africa. (Web: www.pwmil.com).
PW Mining – Ghana (March 2019 – Date):
Since April 2019, I have been on secondment to the Head Office of the organisation. Reporting to the Finance manager, I am tasked with the following:
• Working closely with the Finance Director and coordinating the process for the Incorporation of PW Mining in Central Africa (Congo and Gabon) as part of the Organisation’s growth prospects.
• Engaged the services of Consultants and legal experts (including Public Notaries) and working with them collaboratively on the company incorporation. This involved reviewing and finalising the Company Article and Memorandum of Association (in French).
• Engaged the service of PWC Congo and reviewed the advice received from them prior to submission to the Finance Director for decisions by the Board of Directors on best market entry strategies.
• Assisting the Finance Manager and working with colleagues to obtain needed custom documentations in support of all bank payments to foreign suppliers.
PW Mining – Burkina Faso (July 2017 – March 2019):
As a senior accountant supervising the work of two Accountants and reporting to the Finance Manager, I am Involved in the following:
• Overseeing Monthly, quarterly and annual close processes as well as the day to day accounting function.
• Reviewing general ledger entries and ensuring proper reconciliation of bank accounts and payables ledger.
• Reviewing financial reports, monitoring key accounts and preparing activity reports and forecasts.
• Ensuring all intercompany transactions are properly recorded for the purpose of group reporting.
• Preparing tax computations and ensuring timely and accurate filing of all statutory returns.
• Implementing Internal Controls to improve business processes and to create financial efficiencies.
SOS Children's Villages International is a global federation and the world’s largest non-governmental organisation working to protect and care for children without parental care and families at risk. (Web: www.sos-childrensvillages.org)
Played a pivotal role as Chief Accountant of the organisation with the following specific tasks:
• Managed the overall finances and accounts of SOS Guinea.
• Implemented internal controls across 21 SOS programs across Guinea and streamlined operations for efficient spending in line with budget allocations for each program.
• Led in collaboration with the National Director and program heads, the preparation of annual budgets amounting to over $8 million (in running cost) for the fiscal year 2015.
• Co-approved payments and bank transfers up to $50,000 on all local and foreign currency accounts of SOS Guinea.
• Managed and reported on earmarked donor funds and grants received from sponsoring associations, the European Union, and Government of Guinea.
• Timely preparation of all financial reports in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Reporting regularly to key stakeholders on company performance through the preparation of various financial reports and analysis.
• Recruits, motivates and trains project Accountants and supervised directly two national office accountants and indirectly the entire countrywide finance team.
• Was member of the Continental Audit team for Africa and the Middle East and performed internal audit work for SOS Tanzania and SOS Kenya. Produced audit reports with recommendations for enhancing processes and improvement in financial controls.
• Was member of the Continental Job Grading Team and performed job grading exercise held in Mali and Morocco for Countries within the West and North Africa cluster. The task involved the evaluation and classification of jobs roles and associating salary limits to the job families.
KPMG is part of the Big Four firms of Chartered Accountants. KPMG Ghana, is a part of the global network of independent professional firms operating in about 146 countries worldwide. (Website: www.kpmg.com)
• Completed external audits for a wide range of clients in compliance with KPMG audit methodology.
• Performed Audit planning, client system evaluation and gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
• Conducted analysis, review and evaluation of financial statements and performance data in accordance with International Accounting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
• Coordinating the audit plan, liaising extensively with clients to gain understanding in delivering a thorough audit process.
• Reviewing client’s internal controls and processes, drawing recommendations and reporting findings to audit partners and/or clients.
• Produced the requisite audit working papers through the use of KPMG audit software and other Computer Assisted Audit techniques (CAATs).
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Member - Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Master in Business Administration – Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Final Dissertation on Risk Management achieved a PASS with MERIT.
(Oxford Brookes Global MBA - Accredited by the Association of MBA)