• Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy.
• Cultivating the companies reputation in the market & with customers & suppliers.
• Involved in planning & organising the organisation's activities to achieve targets.
• Responsible for the Profit & Loss responsibility for the business.
• In charge of leading, motivating and developing the management team.
• Managing multi-disciplined teams and resolving any conflicting priorities.
• Improving margins and maintaining a high quality service to clients.
• Reviewing, refining and developing the strategy and direction of the company.
• Building client relationships that result in revenue and profitability growth.
• Responsible for the companies health and safety and legislative adherence.
• Creating and maintaining links with other trade and professional associations.
• Keeping control of business expenditure, ensuring it's within agreed budgets.
Establishing and driving key growth opportunities and subsequently developing and executing innovative programs to drive medium to long term growth.
Establishing and driving product marketing strategies and programs consistent with overall business objective.
Responsible for formulating country business strategies and translating into concrete actions plans and programs
Provide leadership and direction in market development, sales promotion, distribution and pricing guidelines.
May 2002 – Dec 2003
Business Development Manager- East Africa
Successfully set up distribution channels across different market segments within the East Africa countries.
Increase our penetration and foot print within the East Africa countries
Jan 2001 – April 2002
Business Development Manager- Kenya
Against the back drop of poor net working capital coupled with high financing cost and high intercompany debt, I successfully introduced the direct model which eliminated inventory holding and accounts receivable. This substantially increased the profitability of the subsidiary.
May 1999 – Dec 2001
Health Care Representative – Kenya
Detailing and selling Health Care products to the medical fraternity.
Organizing Continuous Medical Education (CME) and clinical workshop to the nurses and doctors.
UNGA FEEDS LTD
March 1997 – April 1999
Technical Sales Representative – Kenya
Selling Animal feed products to the appointed animal feed distributors.
Farm visits and technical advice to farmers.
Key Account Management. Poultry Farms, Dairy Farms.
Territorial sales coverage planning.
Johnson & Johnson Kenya Ltd
Sept 1995-March 1997
Medical Sales Representative-
Victoria Veterinary Centre
May 1994-Sept 1995
My Dissertation was on First Mover Advantage-FMA. This was a company project based on entry into a new market. “How First Mover Advantage can create entry barriers and support Dometic Medical Systems in its pursuit for sustainable growth in the Veterinary Cold Chain”.
Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine