I am Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). I have Bachelors Degree in accounting and MBA in Pharmaceutical Management and Marketing from Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey, USA.
I have experience managing and leading projects relating to regulatory compliance, process improvement, quality control, financial fraud, corruption, money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion. Haven’t worked in the Hospitality Industry in the USA for ten (10) years, I also have outstanding customer service, sales, persuasion and leadership skills.
I am interested in companies that have presence in Africa; companies that are looking for the expertise of an expatriate like me to help lead them to achieving and exceeding both their operational and financial goals.
• Review transaction surveillance alerts and conduct case investigations to identify potential suspicious activity for reporting purposes
• Identify patterns and trends consistent with money laundering, terrorist financing, and other types of suspicious activity
• Perform periodic reviews of customers who pose high risk for money laundering, perform CDD, EDD and assess the appropriateness of the customer’s risk rating
• Collaborate with team members to determine whether to close alerts and cases, escalate findings and/or file Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
• Determine action required based on established procedures to protect the Bank's assets, including placing appropriate holds on accounts identified with fraudulent activity
• Track and document action(s) taken in a timely and appropriate manner to provide a record of activity for audit and compliance purposes and to show monthly losses and recoveries
• Coordinate with branches, Bank personnel and financial institutions to resolve system problems or request additional information and/or documentation to support a decision on whether fraudulent activity has occurred
• Run and review pro-active risk reports, conduct research using third party data sources to validate monetary and non-monetary transactions