I'm a senior executive, with over 25 years international experience.
Successfully led businesses with full P&L responsibility in a leading international beverages company with direct reports covering all business functions.
Achieved impressive turnarounds and performance improvements of complex businesses in challenging business environments through passion for people, strong leadership and strategic planning.
Ability to create winning teams, build collaborative relationships and deliver strong and sustainable year over year topline and market share growth, leading to impressive financial results.
• Guiding start up in fundraising activities and business strategy.
• Development of a detailed business plan.
• Design and manage production of entire packaging
• Responsible for go-to-market definition and execution.
• Negotiations of distributor contracts with importers and distributors in different international markets.
• Adapting strategies due to Covid 19.
• Rebuilt strategic partnerships with the different brand owners (beer, spirits and wines)- 65% of the GP came from brands owned by third parties. Turned trust crises into winning partnerships.
• Redefined a clear retail strategy – Redesigned the retail activity as a strong separate business unit (with own budget and profit targets), fully integrated and with a clear role in CBL’s overall commercial strategy. This re-focusing and the branding to one name of all the retail stores delivered immediate success and continued value growth (ROS from 4% in ’14 to 16% in ‘17).
• Re-organized the commercial department – Integrated sales and marketing departments into one commercial organization. From a perception driven organization to customer-oriented teams, with decision making based on strong market intelligence and financial data.
• Further enrolment of Heineken rules, guidelines and tools – filling the gaps in the procedures in place throughout the organization led to impressive efficiency and control improvements. Clear rules also increased the motivation of the employees and faded away the silo mentality.
• Introduced and sponsored a cost cutting program, delivering significant cost reductions of USD4.3M in 2017.
• Crisis management during category 4 hurricane Matthew including preventive measures (preparation of crisis team and facilities), aftermath management (production restoration within 3 weeks instead of estimated 6, diminishing OOS impact through balanced product rationalization, local community support) and successfully led preparation and finalization of biggest insurance claim in Heineken history
• Increased sales and profit - Volume increased by 15%, Revenue grew by 23%, Operation Profit increased by 62% (’17 vs ’14) to the highest level in CBL’s history with 100% dividend distribution.
• Retail footprint increased from 42 to 60 stores, representing 45% of the total company profit.
• Development of non-core categories (snacks and non-food) - Representing 7% in ’17 (from 2% in ’14) of the total revenue. In 2017, the nationwide distribution of British American Tobacco cigarettes was added to our portfolio.
• Excellent results in the climate surveys – Highest scores since the start of its measurement, resulting in radical improvements in the engagement and enablement indexes.
• Post-acquisition 100 days-plan implementation – From a stand-alone brewery, run as a small family business and without proper insights of the market, to an integrated part of the Heineken Group of Companies.
• Developed the commercial vision and strategy for this newly acquired business and set up a new commercial organization with the right resourcing. Implemented the strategic business plan that delivered sustainable volume and value growth.
• Implemented the Heineken rules, guidelines and tools (‘Heinekenizing’), with clear objectives and responsibilities per department.
• Created professional, motivated and customer-oriented teams, despite a difficult cultural environment and despite initial work ethics related issues.
• Set up local production of Heineken beer in very short time (record in the Heineken world).
• Heineken sales multiplied by 6 in first 5 years.
• 3rd EBIT contributor to the Heineken Africa & ME region (out of 16 countries) with 100% dividend transfer to Heineken (hardly possible for foreign companies).
• Remarkable progresses in the climate surveys, resulting in drastic improvements in the ability to recruit people (alcohol business in a Muslim country) and important reduction of the turnover ratio.