Responsible for creating and implementing HR systems for teams in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya offices. Also responsible for creating and implementing the training system to launch and continue to develop Jibu franchise teams.
Accomplishments to date:
- Created a management toolkit for managers across the company
- Overhaul of the performance review system
- Supported one of the country directors through a team restructuring
- Led recruitment of key senior hires
- Established franchise training strategy, curriculum and continually developing training materials, including training manuals, presentations, handouts, etc.
- Coordinated organization of 2 conferences with international participants
- Review of all HR policies to ensure local labour law compliance
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of managers and junior team members
- Development of a job leveling framework and team salary mapping
• SafeBoda: company-wide retreat for management and team building
• Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda: weeklong workshop with international attendees in Eastern Uganda on training health workers
Focal point for designing strategies and building capacity to improve staff engagement and skills, with a focus on management, leadership and teamwork. Acted as President of the BIMA Ladies Management Committee, promoting female staff issues in the workplace. Involved in development of new compensation structure for sales staff and a new field sales strategy.
• Designed and delivered a 10-week introduction to management and leadership training program to newly promoted sales team managers across the sales departments.
• 27% increase in sales figures in the field sales department over 4-month period following completion of training.
• Significant improvement in sales team staff retention.
• One of my mentees was recognized as “most improved sales
representative” in March 2017
Implemented a DFID-funded awareness raising campaign consisting of 3 events: road show, football competition, school drama competition. Managed the budget according to donor and company regulations and contributed to report writing during the campaign.
• Record sales for the field sales department during road show event.
• Significant improvement in field sales staff attendance, timeliness, and teamwork due to clear planning and instructions.
• Improved relations between field sales management and finance department as a result of frequent and clear communication and planning.
Promoted from project officer to project manager to East Africa program manager over the course of 3 years. Projects ranged from health worker training to interventions for prevention and treatment of cervical cancer and HIV/AIDS. Provided strategic advice on implementation of projects in Uganda, Tanzania and Myanmar, including budget management, programmatic design, strategic partnerships, M&E systems, and performance of local project team.
• Led the delivery of 10 Pepal leadership workshops in Uganda and Tanzania for international corporate partners such as Johnson & Johnson and Roche Pharmaceuticals.
• Developed HR and operational processes, including performance management plan and SOPs for core activities.
• Wrote winning funding proposal to Comic Relief ($1 million for 3 years) for Caring Together project in Uganda.
• Spearheaded recruitment of the 5-person Caring Together project team, including writing JDs and conducting interviews.
• Successfully built and maintained a relationship with one of the largest HIV organizations in Uganda including headquarters and regional office staff across 3 regions.
Awarded a distinction in MSc Environmental Change and International Development.
Awarded an honors degree in Development Studies from this top-performing, English-speaking liberal arts program in the Netherlands.