An articulate and focused Management professional with extensive international experience in Operations, Project Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Engineering in the FMCG, Construction and Aviation sectors. A track record of developing and implementing delivery of capital projects and operational & maintenance strategies, and success in fast-growing/changing environments with in-depth ability to understand complex business issues, used to adhering to and managing deadlines and meeting the expectations of stakeholders.
Excellent communicator, professional and a well-presented individual with outstanding people management skills who leads by example with excellent mentoring skills. Proven ability to solve problems methodically and practically. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a respectful and collaborative approach to developing successful and sustainable working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead multi-disciplined teams.
• Leadership and strategic decision-making skills underpinned with sound judgement and good sense.
• Approachable and understanding of both individual, corporate and regulatory needs.
• Strategic, operational and tactical awareness.
• Build a culture of empowerment, accountability and engagement that underpins successful delivery and an effective working environment.
• Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills.
Professional Contractor – Ghana & Belgium
• Promasidor Ghana - Asked to return on a consultancy basis to project manage two greenfield factories including design and specs, tendering, contracts with architects and contractors and budget control
• Omni Wood, Belgium – Project management for trading activities, procurement, business development and expansion plans for this construction company.
Promasidor Ghana Ltd
• Reported to the MD and had management responsibility for department heads - Operations, Supply Chain, Fleet, QA, Engineering, Production, and Warehouse. Total headcounts of 400 plus staff.
• Expanded the plant capacity while improving production yield for the 24/7 operation during a period of business growth with output increased by 700% over eight years.
• Introduced TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) that improved OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
• Responsible for procurement and inbound logistics of all raw materials, packaging materials and micro-ingredients and supply contracts with critical suppliers.
• Vendor relationship management.
• Development of new products with the assistance of R&D.
• Budgeting and procurement of all capex assets ranging from plant and office equipment to cars and trucks.
• Involved in regional group activities: development of export activities and operational assessment of acquisition targets.
• Project Management from design to completion: start-up and expansion of production facility for seasoning tablets, construction of new factory with monthly output of 1500+ mt dairy products, construction of new HQ, expansion and renovation of existing 3000 m2 raw materials warehouse, development of a new 4000 m2 distribution center with the storage capacity of 6000 pallets.
• Creator of the Onga bouillon tablet in 2011 which grew from 0% to 60% of market share in six years.
NAHCo (Nahco Aviance plc), Nigeria
Chief Operating Officer
Approached to work with the senior management team to transition the business from part-government owned organisation to a plc.
• Responsible for over 1200 staff in the Operations Division covering ramp and load control, passenger services, cargo, ground support equipment (GSE) maintenance, ICT and facilities.
• Reviewed standard ground handling agreements (SGHA) and implemented SLAs.
• Formulated ground support equipment (GSE) fleet policies, renewal and standardisation of an ageing fleet, including tender negotiations and contract establishment for the supply of GSE and ancillary services worth USD 6 million.
• Increased GSE availability from 84% to 95% in less than one year.
• Implemented a cost-cutting exercise for the division with a negative impact on operations.
• Completed the dormant HERMES Logistics Technologies cargo automation project as Project Champion in 2007 minimising revenue leakage and reducing process times for the clearance of import cargo.
• Completed remodelled and expansion of Export Facility including X-ray and CCTV installation.
• Outsourced estate management of offices and warehouses rented by airlines, freight forwarders and agents leading to profitable and improved estate services.
• Implemented a 24/7 in-house ICT support team for the check-in and boarding systems (ARINC) with significant monthly cost savings.
• IAHA Africa – Chairman of Procurement workgroup (International Aviation Handlers’ Association).
• Contact point for industry associations: IATA Ground Handling Council, IAHA.
• The acting head of the company in the absence of the MD.
• Initiated and integrated the company into the ‘Aviance’ alliance of handlers (admission in November 2007) which lead to the name change ‘Nahco Aviance plc.'
• Responsible for increasing client portfolio from 22 to 30 airlines with a 100% retention rate.
• Implemented a transformational programme of support, training and coaching in the division to encourage them to be more accountable, take responsibility and promote a collaborative team working culture and offer better levels of service.
Supporting the sales of heavy equipment with excellent after-sales services:
SMV Konecranes port equipment
Manitowoc Grove Potain cranes
JCB construction equipment
Start-up of safety inspection and certification of lifting equipment according to OSHA standards
Assured availability and serviceability of all airport ground support equipment and facilities for this airport ground handling company.
Postgraduate Business Economics (Aanvullende studies Bedrijfseconomie)
Master of Engineering, electromechanical
Ku Leuven, Faculty of engineering technology 'Groep T'