I am avaialble to senior management roles accross Africa. I have more than 30 years experince incluidng senior roles in global multinationals with hands on experience in managing in challenging business environments across Southern, Western , Eastern, and Northen Africa, Middle East and Central Asia.
I would like to make a contribution to the develpment of sub-Saharan Africa utilising skills I have acquired over the number of years.
BigCold, a subsidiary Company of BlackIvy Group, USA, is a warehousing and logistics company delivering
sophisticated, customized, integrated and dependable cold chain solutions for food and perishable products.
• Recruited initially to consult and carry out due diligence on a potential acquisition to set up cold chain operations.
• Successfully set up a cold storage and 3PL business to serve the growing market in East Africa and being the only approved YUM Brands! facility in Kenya and Tanzania
• Achieved an EBITA of 28% in first 6 months of operations
• Introduced process improvements that maximised on capacity utilisation to around 75%, effective cold chain management (both warehouse and delivery) and enhanced customer service experience (OTIF of 97%).
• BigCold has become the point of call for most International Quick Service restaurants (QSRs) and distribution organisations intent of entering the East Africa market for provision of cold chain storage and last mile delivery services.
Seven Seas ia s maritimes support services company offering equipment- electrical, mechanical & household , tools , food stuffs, safety items, PPE in major shipping hubs round the world to merchant and cruise vessels and oil platforms.
Led transformation of organization to a strategic procurement model by establishing a collaborative model for ship supply which covers provisions, stores and spares for the Maritime, cruise and offshore oil and gas industries. Set up a foundation of formalized processes and tools to drive diligent sourcing and supplier management decisions, and create and transact easily and efficiently against the contracts. In addition, has set up a central procurement assortment for the group and set up a sourcing platform in China and East Asia to take advantage of low cost sourcing. Formulated, designed, and developed long-range cost reduction and upscale forecasting and demand planning across the organisation to improve availability of materials and visibility throughout the supply chain.
Led the organisation's supply chain & procurement function which is a strategic business unit offering central procurement capabilities leveraging on the volume of the food rations and catering business to ensure continuous supply of products at competitive prices utilising best practices, technologies and systems and adherence to international food standards. P&L responsibility for United Nations Food Rations full turkey contracts and management of projects in Africa and Cyprus including customer service. (3 Missions with 2 in remote conflict sites)
Restructured the supply chain functions with more focused commodity management, demand and supply planning and improved lead times resulting in spend reduction of more than 15% resulting in turning the business from loss making to profit in 2015.
Successfully championed the implementation of Quality Management Systems and attained ISO22000.2005 certification for the entire Supply Chain
Reduced inbound and outbound surface transportation costs by 15% through competitive bidding, implementation of KPI’s with incentives and increased monitoring of transporters
Led the compilation of the proposal including concept of operations resulting in successfully securing the United Nations Food Supply Contract for the peace keeping Mission in Abyei (UNISFA) contract worth
US$58million over 3 years.
Successfully set up and inbound and outbound cold chain system in Darfur, Sudan, one of the most challenging logistics infrastructure, moving on average 2,000T of food- dry, fresh and frozen.
Scope of Work Done:
• I was responsible for Supply Chain strategy for the AMECA Region which has five Zones/Units namely Central Asia (CASIA), Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), West & Central Africa (WACA), East and North Africa (ENAF) and Austral Africa (AAF). The business is currently operating in 22 countries in the region with a total spend of more than US$450million
• Led the implementation of a new Supply Chain strategy and structure, involving substantial operational change, new processes and systems to enable a move towards a Group Procurement Strategy and the implementation of best practices
• Successfully negotiated with major suppliers for central contracts resulting in savings more than US$15M and volumes rebates of more than US$4M
• Worked closely with the business units to develop, communicate, and execute specific sourcing strategies in conjunction with their objectives and strategies while optimizing total cost of ownership and total relationship value programs
• Set up a Supply Chain trading platform to support remote sites business especially in Africa including securing business worth $30million for food provisions, equipment and supplies for business outside Sodexo.
• Designed and implemented a Fresh Fruit and Vegetable (FFV) sourcing strategy for the GCC Region with focus on upstream and direct producers resulting in savings more than $3million
Thesis is on Supply Chain Management- its roles on Sustainable Competitiveness and Organisation Performance.