JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the following activities with all company operating entities (e.g., both in Tanzania and Uganda):
● Together with the Managing Director, directing the company, developing strategic initiatives, managing investor relations, securing growth funding, managing costs within board-approved annual budgets, ensuring healthy profits, and having accountability for the effective and efficient operation of each team and function (sales, production, quality assurance, supply chain, finance, HR and legal).
● Developing and managing each team towards achieving the objectives of each team and the company as a whole.
● Developing and improving the operational systems, processes and policies for all teams, optimising their processes and workflows (particularly cross-cutting processes), enforcing compliance with policies, applying lean ops/Kaizen principles to reduce wasted time and resources, and generally optimise the performance of each team.
● Developing the capacity and capabilities of all staff, both informally and through the formal performance management process.
Process & Operations Management
● Ensuring excellence in the management of the production, quality assurance, logistics and supply chain teams, particularly in regards to the vanilla and cocoa value chains, and manufacturing thereof, and ensuring all short and long term company and team objectives are met and underlying risks mitigated.
● Support all teams in:
○ Procuring, cost-effectively, adequate equipment, consumables and raw materials (e.g., raw vanilla and cocoa, production consumables, ancillary equipment & spares, technology systems, lab materials, etc.);
○ Improving the supply of key raw materials (e.g., vanilla, cacao), in terms of increased quality, volumes, productivity and land under cultivation, in a cost-effective manner;
○ Ensuring outstanding company reputation and quality of service with all relevant stakeholders (farmers, government authorities, customers, donors, investors);
○ Managing technology solutions, and related reporting and analytics, e.g., for mobile-enabled field team management, inventory management, workflow enhancements, etc;
○ Ensuring the company monitors and meets social impact indicators and targets, including indirect beneficiaries;
○ Supporting the teams for certification of, and compliance with, national and international standards (e.g., regulatory, occupational safety, food safety like FSSC 22000, organic, kosher, halal, etc);
○ Ensuring continual operational improvement (e.g., Kaizen, lean operations);
Compliance, Internal Controls & Audit
● Supporting internal service functions (Finance, HR and Legal) in adhering to, and improving upon, the company’s policies and procedures, particularly in regards to strategic growth
(new initiatives and international expansion), internal controls and regulatory compliance (e.g., Labor, Immigration, TRA, NEMC, EPZA, Municipal and District bylaws, Crop Boards,
various Ministries, Bank of Tanzania, Fair Competition Commission, etc);
● Assisting in the execution of said policies and procedures, including, for example, recruitment, employee relations, grievances, inventory control, etc;
● Auditing adherence and compliance with internal controls across all teams, departments, divisions, subsidiaries and related companies;
● Reviewing and ensuring correctness of financial and operational reports to team leads, management, the Board of Directors, shareholders, other investors/financiers and donors;
● Supporting the management of any subsidiaries, holding companies and franchise companies, both within Tanzania and abroad.
● Leading the continual engagement of government authorities, supporting and representing all teams who deal with regulatory and compliance topics;
● Providing input to government ministries and regulatory bodies in respect of the Company’s primary value chains and how these can be positioned and strengthened within the global
● Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications in Tanzania’s Official Gazette;
● Raising the profile of the company at national level, e.g., by engaging with relevant ministries.
Strategy & Funding
● Setting the strategic direction of the company (together with the MD) and of the constituent teams (together with team leads), developing strategic initiatives, securing funding for such
initiatives, and ensuring completion and effectiveness of such initiatives, as will benefit stakeholders including the organisation as a whole, suppliers (e.g., farmers and processors), investors and shareholders, and ultimately the regional economy;
● Assisting the MD in securing all manner of growth funding to achieve the company’s vision and mission, analysing financials and operational data, and writing investor and donor reports/proposals
● Following up on meetings and with external contacts to assist the Managing Director and Board Directors;
● Assisting in the preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organisations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by the Company;
● Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Managing Director or Board Director(s), and to assist peers and other team leads/officers as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
● Minimum criteria:
o Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science, with a Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Operations Management or equivalent.
o At least 10 years of experience, preferably 15, in executive-level management positions, including significant experience at a multinational company;
o Expertise in agribusiness, outgrower networks, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), engineering (mechanical, process, chemical), manufacturing, and/or food technology;
● Must have food processing background with ISO and FSSC certifications,
● Exceptional organisational skills, able to manage and move forward multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously;
● Excellent entrepreneur drive, interpersonal skills, able to relate to multiple foreign cultures, and manage people effectively in difficult circumstances;
● Outstanding ability to negotiate effectively with all stakeholders, including customers, contractors, farmers, farmer associations, service providers, agents, government (all levels), donors, investors, shareholders, directors and staff;
● Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written, in both English and Swahili;
● Highly proficient with general computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google G Suite and ERP systems;
● Demonstrated strong leadership, able to inspire and influence others, set their teams’ strategy and lead their work independently;
● A passion for economic development, social impact and data-driven decision making.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For one of our European clients, who is using innovative systems and software, to improve the lives of people, we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Head Office in Accra.
Purpose of the role
• Manage day-to-day operations of the company and its overall performance.
• Strive for an excellent customer satisfaction and maintain effective relationships with clients in the public sector in Ghana and other African countries
• Coordinate all existing and new projects with clients in the whole of Africa and the Service Level Agreements and service contracts
• Creating a positive and motivating atmosphere in the company and providing better growth opportunities for employees and making sure they are providing positive results for the company
The ideal candidate
• Excellent team player and resourceful manager with a proven ability to develop and strengthen teams in order to grow and built a company and create motivation amongst employees
• Good interpersonal skills and trustworthy, someone transparent and reliable with a high respect of time
• Good communicator, both verbally and written and analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Customer focussed and ability to manage projects with efficiency and with a good customer satisfaction
• Hands-on and good decision maker
• Patience when needed and ready to take challenges and deal with challenging situations
• Should believe in teamwork and effectively interact with the clients and the employees
• Both local and international jobseekers are welcome to apply. For international applicants Africa experience is required.
• The ideal candidate is having a technical management experience within a service delivery environment, preferably with medical and/or clinical equipment, X-ray, Systems and Software etc.
• Minimum of BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
• He or she should have required past working experience of 5+ years in the field of successfully managing the responsibilities and different departments of a company in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is active in sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew.
For them we are seeking a new Country Manager in Ivory Coast.
Our client is looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders, today mainly in cocoa. The Country Manager primarily has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. Additional, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, Project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from certification to projects on reforestation and starting savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent our client in Ivory-Coast towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feeding sector developments to HQ
• Keep meaningful relationships with govt offices (CCC) and sector partners (WCF, IDH)
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners (GIZ, ICI)
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between
the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Team Management & Support of the local Team by ensuring activity coordination + alignment with the vertical heads in HQ.
• Act as support and sparring partner for the Project Managers and Certification Managers in IVC
• Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of their cocoa suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection
• Ensure necessary operational support & inputs e.g., equipment & financing from HQ.
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment of traceable cocoa
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on cocoa volume + sustainability premiums
• Manage and Ensure the deliveries by Cooperates of the of traceable cocoa volumes
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
You will be working in a dynamic sustainability team. In Ivory-Coast, you will be working with a team of 10+ at the office in Abidjan, and a 60+ strong field team across the country. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team and other origin teams and work in close collaboration with our sector partners and cocoa suppliers.
Qualities our client is looking for:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Affinity with intercultural communication (Africa, Europe)
• You thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and you are able to balance different priorities
• Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
• A passionate and ambitious worker; accurate, efficient and problem-solving
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluency in French & English
What is offered to you:
You will be part of a fast-growing organization and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. Our client offers substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. The client offers a competitive salary, housing and transportation and good other secondary employment conditions. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Abidjan, Ivory-Coast, with regular travel to the field, and business trips to other offices in West Africa.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of business in Africa and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica helps business in Africa gain profit and time by sending them the top 5% professionals IN the market, not just on the market.
We are looking for an (executive) search specialist, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit and headhunt for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are all Africa experts, based in Africa. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Handing our clients a solution to their problem, which is time, money or team related
• Function as a knowledge base and strategic partner for the client
• Take on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Help designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Adding a bit of fun and humour to the team!
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa, with experience in multiple sectors
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and LinkedIn recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has travelled into Africa or other developing countries
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• Has an adventurous side, loves traveling and exploring
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you work partly from home and our office in Cape Town
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Our client is an established organic and fair-trade player and we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Burkina Faso entity.
The purpose of the job is to maintain a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to maintain a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part. Additionally, the managing director will be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a new state of the art mango and cashew processing plant.
As Managing Director you will head the executive management team which consist of four directors overseeing the following departments:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
3. Operations-processing - Exports
4. Quality Health Safety/Social Environmental
Your responsibilities include:
• Lead and sustain the Executive Management team of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop, and optimize business processes, policies, and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support, and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPIs to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations built on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory, and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
Your requirements are:
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience in managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina-Faso
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Processing experience
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
• Sensitive to social impact and to sustainable development
• Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
• Local contract, long term position
• Competitive Salary
• Start date ASAP
• Unique opportunity for both local and international candidates
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, a European company active in the food ingredients industry, we are looking for a Sales Representative who will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Support of existing customers and acquisition of new customers.
• Detailed negotiations with customers about contract contents
• Participation in the strategic development of the target markets
• Reliable budget and forecast planning
• Representing our company at the customer
• Competitive analysis and observations
• Visits to trade fairs and organization of local workshops
• Commercial training of on-site representatives and junior salespeople
• Commercial projects outside own sales area
Personal and professional requirements
• Ideally full degree, e.g. in business administration
• At least 5 years of professional experience in sales and ideally in MEA within the food ingredients industry
• Willingness to travel extensively for customer service and product presentations
• High customer orientation
• Intercultural competencies
• Business fluent English language skills
• Good MS Office skills
The MEA Sales Manager should...
• possess a high level of commitment, initiative and flexibility
• have the ability to learn fast
• Be able to adapt well and interact appropriately with different interlocutors
• be able to communicate proactively across all hierarchical levels
• be assertive
• be a team player
• be able to represent the corporate values internally and externally
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.