JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Who We Are
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis - by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
About the Team
Komaza partners with rural farmers to plant and grow thousands of hectares of new woodlots. We sustainably manage the woodlots we’ve planted through efficient harvest operations. We lead research and innovation in technical forestry for smallholder farmers. The Harvest Department leverages data, mobile technology, training, and user-centered business systems to empower Komaza make better farmer related decisions to become the future of African forestry. We are equally comfortable whiteboarding new solutions to complex business problems, digging into excel and GIS, or getting our boots muddy talking to farmers in their fields.
About This Role
The Harvest department is one of the newest teams at Komaza and is expected to grow dramatically over the new few years - hiring dozens of staff, investing in mechanization, adding new teams in Kwale county, and providing some support to our pilot in central Kenya. In this role you will build, lead and grow our harvest planning and operations. You’ll work closely with company leadership to develop and refine the strategic vision for the Harvest department for the next 3-5 years and prioritize activities to achieve this vision. You’ll develop, implement and optimize the management systems, training materials, and SOPs to enable significant growth of Harvest operations. As Harvest Director, you will directly report to the VP Forestry Operations.
What You Will Do
- Harvest OMS: Build the harvest operations management system (OMS) which will allow the harvest operations coordinators to manage dozens of staff and thousands of farms remotely.
- Team: Build the team needed to design our harvest systems and execute them at scale.
- Harvest Systems: Build efficient, effective systems to ensure all farms are thinned/clearfelled/coppice clearfelled at the right time and at the right $/CBM.
- Harvest Data: Work with our technology and growth modeling teams to collect, validate, store, analyze and report the huge volumes of data needed to managed thousands of wood lots across Kilifi and Kwale counties.
- Harvest Innovation: After building the basic systems above, take the lead on designing step-change improvements or modifications to our harvest systems.
- Harvest Execution: Manage, inspire, coach, and problem-solve with the team to hit forest management, CBM, and cost per CBM targets.
What You Have
- Systems Design: You love iterative systems design with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness. You get out into the field personally to try systems and field-test with harvest teams. You are comfortable designing materials and write SOPs personally in addition to working through associates.
- Attitude: You lead from the front and by example. You have a passion for both creative office work and field time. You are a compassionate leader who also pushes team to excel. You own results and get stuff done.
- Data-Driven Decision Making - You collect and draw upon data to improve operational systems and make decisions. You support recommendations with both quantitative and qualitative data (but primarily quantitative data).
If you enjoy learning and are eager for career growth, then join us! This role is based at our headquarters in beautiful Kilifi, Kenya. This role offers competitive salary and benefits with potential for further career growth.
Are you interested in becoming a Harvest Director in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a large commercial farm located in the Northern part of Ghana in the seed business. They are focused on expansion of their work and increasingly building capacity to be among the major seed producers in Ghana.
Do you have corporate management experience in the (seed) agribusiness and proven track of record for effective
team management, results-driven leadership and turn a company into a commercial profitable business?
We are searching a dynamic and commercially oriented team leader to join the company in the role of Managing Director for a company in the Northern part of Ghana.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Strategic Leadership
• Direct the company in keeping with the commercial vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
• Build a strong team of Senior Managers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability and profitability.
• Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
• Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
II. Operations Management
• Develop a profitable seed strategy and oversee its execution including operational cropping plan, budgets, quality ,marketing and sales.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
• Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
• Oversee day-to-day commercial operations of the company.
III. Financial Management
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, carry out risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
IV. Human Resource management
• Strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function regarding hiring practices, payroll, training and benefit disbursement.
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the respective managers
• Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in, Commercial Agriculture , Seed , Business Administration, or related subject areas
• At least 5 years of corporate managerial experience in agribusiness
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Good appreciation of general finance and accounting concepts. Understanding of financial statements is a must.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and accounting software
• Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
African candidates, especially Ghanaians are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you that pioneer who is going to start a new location for our client? Do you see yourself setting up a large, professional farm in close consultation with management in Europe? Where you will work with a team of people every day to produce a quality product? Then you might be the new innovative production Manager we are looking for.
What kind of job is it?
The company we are recruiting for is one the largest breeding and cutting horticultural companies in the world. You will start with a few weeks of training in Europe. This so that you learn what processes the various sites go through and what role the production locations in Africa play in this. With this knowledge you will leave for Kenya. You are going to set up a new location there. You will conduct discussions with local authorities to ensure that everything runs smoothly. You put together a decisive team of production managers and local managers to subsequently realize the correct management of the (production) processes and cultivation technology around the cutting products. Of course you are constantly working on optimizing processes.
What are we looking for?
You are a true pioneer. You want to be challenged to find creative solutions. Flexibility is an important feature of you. You are intensively involved in the cultivation processes of our cutting material. It is nice if you have a college education (horticulture related) or experience in which you can demonstrate this knowledge. And of course you see it as a challenge to get started on a new African farm.
What makes you happy?
An adventurous job where no day is the same. Working in a nice team to deliver a top product together every day gives you energy. Excellent employment conditions and room to develop your talents are self-evident.
Are you interested in becoming an innovative Production Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager
• Key Management position in sales, growth potential to a senior levels.
• Able to demonstrate strong personal network at decision making levels
• Growth Driven position, high rewards
Education and experience
• Strong business acumen skills, Key soft skills .
• BSc(Eng)/BEng/BTech/NDip Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years sales experience field/site work power transmission products
• Computer literate with intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Driver’s license
• Own transport
• Prepared to travel locally
• Strong leadership skills
• Results oriented
• Logical and analytical thinker
• Shows effective planning and time management to ensure maximum productivity
• Influential, strong networker
• Energetic and peoples person
• Enthusiastic, self starter
• Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity to solve problems,creative.
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Accounts for others, approachable
Khatu/Kuruman/Kimberly area to service Northern Cape
TCC includes: Negotiable, market related
Key performance areas:
• Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross margin targets and objectives on an ongoing basis
• Develop sales leads through prospecting and lead generation activities/campaigns, and networking with partners and industry contacts
• Develop value in preparing appropriate solutions and provide customer quotations and technical selection.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports on a minimum weekly/monthly basis by logging sales activity, actions, calls, and quotes on the CRM system and keep it maintained
• Submit monthly report/s on sales activities, quote to sale hit‐rate, project status and post‐mortems
• Measurable customer satisfaction in target accounts/markets
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Leverage opportunity for the sales team by building partnerships with vendors, consultants, OEM’s, EPCM’s etc. where these relationships can increase market penetration and expand the Drive Tech offering
• Have a clear understanding of competitors’ activities in this market place and their strengths, weaknesses and sales strategies and to generate effective counter‐strategies
• Work with the management team in establishing market trends, appropriate strategies and product development roadmaps including necessary tools and processes
• Thoroughly understand and follow the standard sales processes and company policies, including respect to exposure of the company to financial risk and adherence to policy and procedures on business ethics
• Ensure all proposals, quotes and sales project files are in accordance with standards, processes and procedures
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant (Talent Pool)
JobnetAfrica HR Consultancy Services specializes in International Human Resource Solutions in Africa. Conducting business across borders requires a special set of skills and cultural awareness. Our consultants have a broad understanding of HR as well as extensive Africa experience, allowing them to bridge the gap between cultures. Our clients are international companies who engage us for our specialist HR knowledge. We contribute towards their HR (change) programs, provide them with temporarily work-load reduction and give an independent 3rd party assessment on HR issues.
JobnetAfrica is currently looking to replenish our talent pool with Independent HR Consultants who:
Live in West-Africa, preferably in the capital area,
Have lived/ studied/ worked in Europe or the USA for at least 10 years,
Have 3-10 years of international HR work experience,
Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or Business Administration from a university in Europe or the USA,
Are fluent in French both spoken & written, as well as English.
Doing an assignment through JobnetAfrica means you can concentrate on what you do best and leave the rest to us! We will:
Take care of marketing and business development,
Use our strong brand name and our vast client-base to secure assignments,
Help you write proposals, or write them for you, and negotiate fees with clients,
Take care of the financial administration.
If you’re interested in working for JobnetAfrica as an Independent HR Consultant, apply here (add hyperlink). Please add a short summary with the type of HR assignments you are looking for, your fee expectations as well as your LinkedIn profile!
If you’d like to know more about the talent pool before applying, please contact Hedwig Rovers, Manager HR Consultancy Services: Hedwig@jobnetafrica.com
Are you interested in becoming a French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
• Chartered Accountant with +10 years' post qualification experience in te construction industry
• Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 15 for construction companies)
• Has experience of independent charge of accounts & finance function
• Has managed a team size of 3-4 members
• Good spoken and written communication skills & interpersonal skills
• 2-3 years’ working experience in West Africa would be of advantage
• Familiar with local tax regulations
• Worked in construction/mining industry
• Big 4 background
• Handling banking relationships
• Experience in ERP implementation
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Heads and monitors day to day finance operations for the region
• Works towards improving policies and procedures to ensure adequate control environment is in place
• Works along the Operations Head to manage project costing
• Ensures group reporting is done to the Head Office regularly
• Interacts with statutory auditors and ensures timely closure of local annual audits.
• Mentors & guides the accounting / finance team
• Ensures compliance with local regulations.
• Assist the Group Manager – Taxes, to prepare a detailed tax planning document for the region.
• Assists the Financial Controller / CFO from time to time on any finance department related matters.
• Ensures smooth implementation of ERP system.
Reporting to: President Africa & CFO
Minimum qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Position based in: Ghana
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, which is a European company active in the horticulture sector in Africa, we are looking for a Farm Manager in Ethiopia.
• Direct reporting to general manager and Management Team from Europe and Ethiopia
• Planning and directing all farm activities:
* Follow up new varieties, building of greenhouses
* Follow up of Payroll, voucher and budgets
* Follow up targets, minimizing labor, labor optimization.
- Import & Export
* Communication with government, follow up new laws
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience.
• Preferable five or more years of relevant work experience in the position of manager.
• Affinity with the plant sector is an advantage
• Willing to relocate to Ethiopia.
• Languages English
• Attractive and versatile function with an international market leader in its segment.
• Attractive remuneration package including housing, insurance cover and medical cost refund.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.