JOB SEARCH RESULT:
About the job
In a context of development and growth of its activity, our client is looking for a Project Manager. The new PM will be responsible for overseeing the rural electrification projects.
- Tracking and monitoring project progress to make sure high levels of quality, operational efficiency and cost effective management of resources
- Identifying potential dependencies, constraints and risks over the course of the project and developing ways to manage such issues effectively
- Preparation of detailed project plans and take effective steps to meet the targets
- Overseeing electrical distribution system on site and manage the installation of all the electrical systems
- Working together with the technical teams.
- Handling material verification and quality inspection as per standard
- Coordinate with all stakeholders for activities related to the project such as progress reports, invoicing, imports, etc.
- Ensure projects are implemented
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Preferably Telecoms, Civil, Electronics, Electrical)
- Nice to have: post graduate or MBA business administration or project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in minigrid work and LV/ MV line construction
- Great communicator and used to managing multiple tasks
- Problem-solving team player with great management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client's organization is growing and we are recruiting a Crop Growing Manager for them.
Types of different propagation methods, materials and seeds and their criteria for health and quality.
The study of plant, soil structure, climatic and environmental issues in agronomical production.
Health and safety regulations
Necessary health, safety, hygiene and environmental standards and legislation rules in the sector of particular activity.
Methods, principles and systems for supplying water to land or crops by means of pipes, sprinklers, ditches or streams.
The variety of plants, trees and shrubs and their special characteristics.
Different approached to prunning trees, such as thinning, removal, etc.
Project management principles
Different elements and phases of project management.
Principles of estimating and planning of forecasts for business activity, compile regular budget and reports.
Set of traits and values which guide the actions of a leader with her/his employees and the company and provide direction throughout her/his career. These principles are also an important tool for self-evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses, and seek self-improvement.
Plant disease control
Types and features of diseases in plants and crops. Different kinds control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Different types of greenhouses (plastic, glass) and other horticultural facilities such as hotbed, seedbed, irrigations systems, storage and protective facilities etc.
Environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry
Awareness on enviromental legislation, policies, principles relevant for agriculture and forestry. Awareness of the impact on the enviroment of local agricultural precedures and practices. Means to adjust the production to new enviromental regulations and policies.
The techniques of selectively removing parts of trees and plants to foster better growth and regeneration.
The standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilisation.
Pest control in plants
Types and features of pests in plants and crops. Different kinds of pest control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Types of storage facilities
Different types of devices and facilities used to hold information and their quality criterias.
Quality criteria for storage facilities
Quality criteria for storage facilities such as safe locking systems, ventilation, regularly inspected fireproofing systems, etc.
Plant harvest methods
The various methods, timing and equipment involved in harvesting different crops and plants.
Crop production principles
Principles in growing crops, the natural cycle, nursing of nature, growth conditions and principles of organic and sustainable production. Quality criterias and requirements of seeds, plants and crop.
Diversity of soil elements and types of soil in relation to plant growth.
Develop agricultural production plans
Develop plans for planting, calculate crop input requirements for all stages of the growth.
Operate horticulture equipment
Operate horticultural equipment and assist with servicing. Ensure that vehicles are roadworthy before starting the work.
Carry out plant growing activities. Carry out grow control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Maintain plant soil nutrition
Manage and support overall soil nutrition. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Monitor orchards, fields and production areas to forecast when crops will be fully grown. Estimate how much damage the weather may cause to crops.
Store and preserve crops in accordance with standards and regulations to ensure their quality. Ensure that storage facilities are kept according to hyginic standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Supervise hygiene procedures in agricultural settings
Ensure that hygiene procedures in agricultural settings are followed, taking into account the regulations of specific areas of action e.q. livestock, plants, local farm products, etc.
Analyse and identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; formulate and plan alternatives.
Manage production enterprise
Organise and instruct staff, plan production strategies and programmes including sales. Carry out input purchase orders, materials, equipment and manage stocks etc. Awareness of demands of the businesses customers and adjustments accordingly to plans and strategies. Estimate resources and control budget of enterprise applying business economics, production development and project management principles.
Ensure soil fertility
Analyse soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
Coordinate greenhouse environment
Take care of the heating and cooling of greenhouses. Work together with the Grounds and Buildings Manager in keeping the irrigation systems and the horticultural equipment in good condition.
Store products to ensure the quality and in accordance with standards and regulations. Ensure the stock facilities are kept according to hygiene standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Make independent operating decisions
Make immediate operating decisions as necessary without reference to others, taking into account the circumstances and any relevant procedures and legislation. Determine alone which option is the best for a particular situation.
Prepare planting area
Prepare planting area and soil for planting by for example fertilising, mulching by hand or using mechanical tools or machinery; prepare seeds and plants for sowing and planting by enuring the quality of seed and plants.Sow and plant by hand, using mechanical tools or machinery and in accordance with national legislation.
Carry out propagation activities by appling appropriate propagation methods such as grafted cutting propagation or generative propagation considering the plant type. Carry out propagation control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Create soil and plant improvement programmes
Develop and advise on implementation of soil health and plant nutrition programs.
Mow, pick or cut agricultural products manually or using appropriate tools and machinery. Taking into account the relevant quality criteria of products, hygiene prescriptions and using the appropriate methods.
Execute disease and pest control activities
Execute disease and pest control activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the climate, plant or crop type, health and safety and environmental regulations. Store and handle pesticides in accordance with recomandation and legislation.
Maintain storage facilities
Maintain or ensure the maintenance of cleaning equipment, heating or air conditioning of storage facilities and the temperature of premises.
Carry out pruning with relevant tools, related to the different purposes like maintenance pruning, pruning for growth, pruning for fruiting, debudding and volume reduction.
Supervise crop production
Supervise and analyse overall crop production in order to ensure effective production process, taking into account the environmental regulations.
Use agricultural information systems and databases
Use relevant information systems and databases to plan, manage and operate agricultural enterprise and production.
Maintain plant health
Manage and support overall plant health. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Are you interested in becoming a Crop Growing Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To strengthen the Mali team, the department is looking for a Country Representative.
Position title: NLRC Country Representative in Mali
Duty station: Bamako, Mali
Time period: 1 year
Starting Date: 12th of April, 2021
Status: Single posting
Purpose of the position
The Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) is looking for a Country Representative who will:
• Maintain and further develop relationships with Mali Red Cross, Red Cross Partners, Donors and other Stakeholders
• Lead, coordinate and manage the strategy of the NLRC in collaboration with the Mali Red Cross in Mali and the NLRC HQ
• Lead the NLRC Country Team in Mali: Human Resources, Line management and Office
Position in the organization
The Country Representative will be leading the country team in Mali, consisting of two delegates and local staff. The Country Representative is the direct line manager of the in-country expatriate staff and local staff in Mali. The Country Representative reports to the Partnership and Portfolio Coordinator (PPC), who is based in The Hague, The Netherlands. The Country Representative will ensure quality and adherence to established guidelines, policies and strategies of Mali RC, as well as in accordance with NLRC principles, Code of Conduct, guidelines and evidence-based best practices.
Summary statement and responsibilities
Partnership Fostering and Development and Institutional representation
• Represent NLRC and maintain strong relations with the Mali RC, the other RC National Societies, the International Federation IFRC, the International Committee Red Cross (ICRC), the national authorities, UN Organizations, embassies, international and national organizations and donors.
• Engage and actively participate in relevant networks, coalitions, alliances, meetings, forums or any other event related to the activities implemented in Mali.
• Represent the NLRC in coordination meetings with other Red Cross partners.
• Take the lead in identifying funding and/or partnership opportunities in Mali which are in line with strategies and priorities of Mali RC and NLRC.
• Undertake regular strategic and operational meetings with Mali RC Senior Management Team to ensure work priorities and address any challenges in country NLRC team is facing.
• Lead and coordinate the NLRC strategy in country in collaboration with the Mali Red Cross and the NLRC headquarters
• Organize missions for the NLRC, other Red Cross National Societies and external consultants upon request alongside the relevant project delegate. Develop terms of references for these missions.
• Conduct continuous assessments to identify needs and possibilities for new interventions within the mandates of the Mali RC/NLRC.
Country office and team management
• Manage NLRC human Resources and the office in Mali
• Foster a positive, fair, participatory and ambitious professional work culture and constructive team approach among in-country staff.
• Ensure all Delegates are delivering on work plans and that all relevant external donor policies, procedures and deadlines are met.
• Oversee management of in-country project budgets for Delegates in agreement with the Portfolio Officer.
• Ensure all delegates adhere to NLRC’s Standard Project Approach, use the right budget formats, follow all NLRC procedures (e.g. Logistics, Security Guidelines) and use the right administrative systems (SPACE 2.0, Winpaccs, etc.) accordingly.
• Responsible for managing employee performance, including providing employees with regular feedback, (conducting a Mid Term review and a yearly performance appraisal).
• Maintain accurate written records of work plans, Management Team meetings and performance appraisals.
• In conjunction with each employee, identify learning and professional development needs and support the employees in getting their needs met e.g. approving their participation in courses, coaching them, providing them with “on-the-job” experience that will enhance their knowledge, etc.
• Develop Job Descriptions for new staff of the Country office, process recruitment and hiring in close consultation with the Partnership and Portfolio Coordinator.
• Ensure that Delegates comply with staff regulations, Code of Conduct and that breaches are documented and that the Partnership and Portfolio Coordinator is notified.
• Develop the NLRC office budget, taking into account existing program budgets and request for approval by NLRC HQ.
• Be responsible for the efficient use of the funds and assets allocated to the projects.
• Ensure strict adherence of security policies and directions from NLRC and ICRC.
• Ensure that updated Security Regulations are in place and that all staff (local and International) are aware and follows the regulation.
• Develop on a yearly basis a country security document in close collaboration with the security advisor at HQ.
• Disseminate information on security threats to staff in a timely manner.
• Regularly analyze context, identify risks and validate security rules, norms and procedures.
• Maintain proper documentation of security incidents.
• Conduct security briefing for NLRC visitors to Mali.
• Master degree in Social Science, International Development, Business Management or other relevant field
• At least 5 years’ experience in the development and/or humanitarian field, preferably in similar positions
• Demonstrated ability for high level representation
• Experience in the area of capacity building and development of non-governmental organizations, preferably of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
• Able to work in politically complex and challenging environment.
• Experience in working at managerial level in an international organization.
• Experience in program management , including program identification, formulation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, preferably within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
• Working experience in the region is preferred, as knowledge on the political, economic and socio-cultural climate of Mali.
• Excellent narrative and financial reporting and proposal writing skills. Able to adhere to policy and procedures of the NLRC whilst effectively managing programs and people.
• Able to make sound judgements and decisions.
• Good social/diplomatic skills and culturally sensitive, flexible and creative.
• Excellent strategic leadership and management
• Able to work independently, as well in a team with the guidance of the Partnership and Portfolio Coordinator.
• Demonstrated accountability for staff security in a conflict/fragile environments.
• Fluent in spoken and written of French and English.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Practical knowledge of computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Winpaccs, Document Management programs).
• A full time appointment (based on 40-hour work week) for 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
• A flexible and human centered working environment in an international environment with a variety of international organizations.
• Well balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
An initial assessment of candidates short-listed is part of the selection procedure.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Representative in Mali? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
For one of our clients in the FMCG sector, we are recruiting a technical people person who enjoys training others and maximizing and utilizing skills.
Are you a team leader, who can manage production, maintenance and repair of the machines, we are keen to speak with you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production process, with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, you enjoy being in the workplace, sorting out technical matters, working closely together with your colleagues, coaching and helping them where possible.
Key competences :
• A strong character, flexibility, persistence and always going the extra mile
• Knowledge of our technology
• The ability to put things in perspective
• Good knowledge of the English language in speech and writing
The job is immediately available.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Operations Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in West and East Africa.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Malaysia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulatory bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and logistics solutions.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean export operations.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Malaysia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Malaysia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
Are you interested in becoming an Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.