JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For a European non profit organization active in the Agribusiness we are recruiting a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire.
As a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations). You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how-to better position the organization as the number one cooperative specialist in the country. You are an advisor, networker and broker having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services. You provide expert advice, monitor advisory trajectories with clients and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for cooperative development.
• Provide business development advice to and facilitate change management within cooperatives that will allow for the realisation of business growth potential.
• Acquisition and marketing of the organization's services and products related to cooperative business development.
• Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
• Provide both clients and the team of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, particularly to the authorities of Ivory Coast.
• Overall program and operational management, reporting and budgeting.
• Position the organization in Ivory Coast and West Africa as the number one service provider in cooperative business development.
• A bachelor’s degree in business economics, finance or a similar field.
• Background in impact investment, finance and/or banking is an asset.
• Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which the organization achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
• Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in the agri & food and/or cooperative sector
• Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills.
• High level of proficiency in French and English.
• Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management.
• Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics
What the organization has to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. The work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a business advisor, you will be part of a new and still small Ivory Coast team of business advisors as well as a part of the Africa team. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Heifer Project International (HPI) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) Country Project Manager, under the guidance of the EAYIP Project Director with dotted line reporting to the Country Director of HPI, through its branch office in Tanzania (Heifer Tanzania), will provide overall leadership to staff and other EAYIP “partners” in the implementation of all components of EAYIP in Tanzania, leading to the transformation and empowerment of youth participating in the market through employment and/or value chain activities. This will include overseeing all project activities; producing related reports on project progress; supervising and appraising the performance of EAYIP country office staff; monitoring project budgets, administrative, logistics and material resources and coordinating EAYIP country learning events and ensuring timely project implementation and delivery of outcomes. The Manager will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining long-range annual plans and budgets, as well as developing the appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure that all outcomes are achieved.
Essential Character Traits
Energetic, Positive, Collaborative, Values-Oriented, Enthusiastic
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Program Effectiveness (50%)
- Accountable for planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating the project within the country in an effective, efficient and timely manner
- Prepare annual operational plan and budget in collaboration with the project team.
- In “partnership” with implementing “partner” organizations, design a monitoring and evaluation framework and ensure that key indicators are monitored.
- Organize country stakeholder workshops and conferences to share experiences and lessons learned.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of youth-focused training programs aimed at improving social, life and vocational skills in the identified value chains.
- Implement an exit strategy that will provide sustainability of the impact created through EAYIP.
- Oversee the progress of all project objectives within the country and provide direction and guidance to ensure that planned targets are achieved.
- Ensure that social capital and values-based holistic community development (VBHCD) are mainstreamed in the project at all levels.
Management and Compliance (30%)
- Accountable for ensuring that the project’s administrative, human resource and finance functions are timely, efficient and in compliance with HPI’s global, area and country-level policies and procedures within the framework of local law
- Ensure that project staff work closely with the Heifer Tanzania country program and EAYIP regional office teams to ensure that contracts, other legal documents and financial statements are processed appropriately.
- Submit timely reports to country program and EAYIP regional offices as required.
- Carry out annual staff appraisals for staff under his/her supervision.
- Ensure that periodic project reviews are conducted, with learnings documented and shared.
- Supervise expenditure control within the budgets.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and procedures of donors.
- Ensure proper maintenance and use of assets.
- Inspire, mentor and manage staff to achieve project goals.
Partnership and Engagement (15%)
- Accountable for networking and representing EAYIP with the host country government, national and regional research organizations, private sector and international organizations
- Develop and implement plans for multi-stakeholders’ engagement and learning.
- Monitor the work of HPI’s local “partners” and ensure that they are compliant with the activities agreed upon in the teaming agreements.
- Work with local governments to identify and address social and economic barriers to increasing youth participation, especially young women, in the agricultural sector.
- Develop relationships with financial institutions and the private sector to facilitate access to finance and market linkages.
- Produce various technical reports in collaboration with implementing “partners” for sharing with stakeholders in the country.
- Represent EAYIP in various stakeholder meetings, workshops, conferences and shared learning events.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor’s Degree plus seven (7) years of relevant experience in development work in Tanzania.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Rural Development, Enterprise Development or a related field
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledge of income and expense budget preparation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of youth workforce development issues especially in rural communities of the East Africa region.
- Good understanding of gender dynamics in development, particularly among young people.
- Good understanding of the different value chains within the agricultural sector.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with HPI’s headquarters (HQ), donors, “partners” and local governments.
- Fluency in English (knowledge of other languages spoken in Tanzania is a plus)
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Tanzania and other EAYIP project sites.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically, regionally and internationally as required
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Reporting Structure: CEO
Position exists to ensure that all production equipment is kept and maintained in good working order to ensure maximum plant availability and that buildings and assets are properly maintained within budgetary requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• B Eng (Electrical) degree - mandatory
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in MS Office
Required Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Requirement (s):
• Extensive knowledge in high frequency induction welders and annealers
• Production Management experience
• Manufacturing background
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Supervisor experience
• Production Management experience
• Compressed air
• Water cooling and circulation systems
• Mechanical knowledge
• Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Ability to read drawings
Key Competencies Attributes:
• Highly analytical
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong management skills / a strong leader
• Ability to prioritise and delegate responsibilities
• Ability to independently resolve conflict
• Proven business analysis and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including Exco.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is persuasive and can easily influence others
• Has good leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Is proactive and anticipates potential problems before they can hinder a company’s success
• Possess good customer service skills
• Maintains a positive attitude and constantly encourages others
• Motivational Leader
• Technical Skills
• Performance Manager
• Communication skills
• Business acumen
• Time Management skills
• Computer skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Customer focused
Key Performance Areas (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
• Manage a team responsible for plant maintenance
• Management of people.
• Liaise with the Production, Finance, Buying, QC, Warehouse departments on a daily basis
• Do skills analysis and identify on-the-job and other training opportunities to improve employees’ value and contribution to the business and themselves
• Responsible for job descriptions, shortlisting, recruitment, disciplining, dismissal and motivating team members
• Set-up performance metrics for new employees and execute performance appraisals during probation periods
• Manage engineering standby to improve plant availability and improve efficiencies
• Manage standby call-outs as well as overtime work over weekends
• Responsible for the updating of a catalogue for all engineering related parts and services to assist with reordering and repeat orders
• Identify critical spares to be kept by the spare parts warehouse
• Ensure spare parts and consumables availability
• Create preferred supplier lists
• Sign-off all requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for parts and services related to engineering activities
• Supervise daily consumable usage
• Update actual electricity, water and on sites, monthly
• Liaise with Landlord on all aspects of the buildings (including refurbishments, repairs and improvements)
• Provide finance department and landlord with a list of all activities and costs related to the buildings on a monthly basis
• Created ‘factory future layouts’ to optimise layout and space utilisation
• Determine spare capacities on utilities for future expansion
• Create yearly OPEX budget for all maintenance and repair activities on sites
• Create yearly CAPEX budget for improvement, extension and replacement projects on site
• Create yearly OPEX budget for coal, electricity, water, sewage and refuse removal of sites
• Manage budgets to ensure optimal usage of available financial resources
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Operations Officer / Sr Electrical Engineer in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager
• Key Management position in sales, growth potential to a senior levels.
• Able to demonstrate strong personal network at decision making levels
• Growth Driven position, high rewards
Education and experience
• Strong business acumen skills, Key soft skills .
• BSc(Eng)/BEng/BTech/NDip Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years sales experience field/site work power transmission products
• Computer literate with intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Driver’s license
• Own transport
• Prepared to travel locally
• Strong leadership skills
• Results oriented
• Logical and analytical thinker
• Shows effective planning and time management to ensure maximum productivity
• Influential, strong networker
• Energetic and peoples person
• Enthusiastic, self starter
• Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity to solve problems,creative.
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Accounts for others, approachable
TCC includes: Negotiable, market related
Key performance areas:
• Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross margin targets and objectives on an ongoing basis
• Develop sales leads through prospecting and lead generation activities/campaigns, and networking with partners and industry contacts
• Develop value in preparing appropriate solutions and provide customer quotations and technical selection.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports on a minimum weekly/monthly basis by logging sales activity, actions, calls, and quotes on the CRM system and keep it maintained
• Submit monthly report/s on sales activities, quote to sale hit‐rate, project status and post‐mortems
• Measurable customer satisfaction in target accounts/markets
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Leverage opportunity for the sales team by building partnerships with vendors, consultants, OEM’s, EPCM’s etc. where these relationships can increase market penetration and expand the Drive Tech offering
• Have a clear understanding of competitors’ activities in this market place and their strengths, weaknesses and sales strategies and to generate effective counter‐strategies
• Work with the management team in establishing market trends, appropriate strategies and product development roadmaps including necessary tools and processes
• Thoroughly understand and follow the standard sales processes and company policies, including respect to exposure of the company to financial risk and adherence to policy and procedures on business ethics
• Ensure all proposals, quotes and sales project files are in accordance with standards, processes and procedures
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting - Managing Director South Africa & Director Sales MEA
Office - office in Johannesburg,
Region - mainly South Africa (but sometimes also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar = Area "Sub Sahara")
- All Sales Activities in South Africa, seldomly in Area "Sub Sahara"
- In the future new sales employees are planned to be recruited in countries listed above
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in SA (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for 1x poultry & 1x laying hens
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Technical knowledge in poultry, experience in agriculture business and sales experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in Afrikaans and also English language skills
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Poultry in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client that is operating in 60 countries worldwide, we are seeking a Commercial Manager in Accra. The company is focused on helping their clients in the agricultural environment, to cultivate business growth by offering high-quality chemical solutions.
The purpose of the role is to develop a sales strategy for the organisation and to ensure that there are distribution channels in all areas in Ghana and that this market is activated with the right sales and annual turnover and results.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Analyse customer needs and study the competition in the market
• Define the product positioning: product, price, promotion, place (4 P)
• Determine and coordinate the communication and promotion policy
• Track sales trends
• Improve results and control costs
• Formalize and / or validate all the technical documentation of the product in the market: technological performances, new services, new uses, prices ...
• Provide internal communication, especially with sales teams to accompany the launch of the product
• Manage a team of promotors
• Reporting of commercial- and marketing activities and performance
• Ghanaian National
• Bachelor Degree
• +/- 5 years of experience in a similar sales position preferably in (agro)chemicals and supplies and working with dealers and agents in a similar environment
• Excellent communicator and networker
• Very result oriented and proactive
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Manager Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a large European distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the Ghanaian market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Regional Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana.
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in sales and business development, preferably for a larger company in food manufacturing
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market.
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package with sales related bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in Food Production and for their operations in Kenya we are looking for an accountant.
Recently the company opened a new office in Kenya. Located in Nairobi they make sure their products will be available at all times for their customers. They are looking for an Administrative/accounting employee.
- Debt collecting
- Keeping track of outstanding payments
- Have contact with responsible account managers regarding the outstanding payments
- Manage all incoming and outgoing transactions
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- All pre-work for bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting role is a must preferably in a international firm
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills a must
- Experience in Excel, Outlook and Work.
Are you interested in becoming an Accountant in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.