JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reporting - Managing Director South Africa & Director AS & FS Region EMEA
Office - Office in Johannesburg,
Region - South Africa, but also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar (= Area "Sub Sahara")
- Service Responsibility in Region, Business Development Service "Sub Sahara"
- Leading by example & being the 1st service technician/service sales employee in region (development of new business)
- Leading about 4 employees plus subcontractors
- Improvement and Development of service organization in area "Sub Sahara"
- Decision about how to cover all countries in region with service (employees or subcontractors)
- Service focus: housing equipment for poultry, laying hens but also pig
- Technical knowledge, a service background, experience in agriculture business and managing employees strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
Are you interested in becoming a Manager After-Sales & Field Service South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Heifer Project International (HPI) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) Access to Finance Manager, under the guidance of the EAYIP Country Program Manager, will facilitate access to finance for youth entrepreneurs to start or expand businesses, He or she will be the focal point person for the design and regular review of financial access strategies and modules. The incumbent will be responsible for building financial “partnerships”, develop/roll-out relevant financial solutions, and provide financial advisory services. S/he will also perform a strategic analysis of the financial landscape, work with Financial Institutions (FIs) to develop financial products and services appropriate to target groups and in managing post-investment risk.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Energetic, Positive, Collaborative
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Program Effectiveness (50%)
- Provide technical guidance on access to finance-related issues and work with “partners” to ensure the design and delivery of financial literacy training program to EAYIP’s beneficiaries and Business Development services (BDS) providers.
- Promote and facilitate the access to savings accounts by youth, and advise youth in the creation of savings and credit groups, when relevant
- Work closely with financial institutions to develop youth-friendly financial products and services while building their capacity to borrow
- Build capacity of youth savings groups to develop bankable business plans and facilitate access to credit.
- Increase financial literacy for the youth
- Coordinate and support the youth to develop bankable business plans and facilitate access to credit.
- Design appropriate financial curriculum and materials
- Assist youth groups in designing teasers/investor documents/business plans/business presentations and any additional data requests by the Financial Institution.
- Perform analysis of current supply and demand of financial solutions for youth, smallholder farmers, SMEs
- Develop and update Access to Finance strategy.
- Identify investment opportunities in the value chains and coordinate and support business strategies and plans for the clients
- In collaboration with implementing “partner” organizations, design monitoring and evaluation framework and ensure that key indicators for access to finances are monitored
- Supervise the design and delivery of training programs in accounting, loan application processes, product pricing and marketing, business management to the implementing “partners” and the youth
- Train youth and Producer Business Groups (PBGs) on uses of agricultural credit, and bank staff on crop profitability, crop cycles and risks and basic financial management and commerce
- Train youth and PBGs on requirements to access credit and foster links with a financial institution loan scheme
- Design appropriate finance training curriculum, review of existing materials, development database, and compile financial access case studies
- Management and Compliance (30%)
- Monitor the implementation of the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) by HPIs financial “partners” in Tanzania
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and procedures of donors
- Report on the status of the RFL on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual investment and business performance reports.
- Manage and control EAYIP investment advisory activities within a set budget
- Ensure periodic project reviews are conducted, with learnings documented and shared.
- Compile and analyze monitoring data for loan disbursements to the youth groups and PBGs
“Partnership” and Engagement (20%)
- Network with local financial Institutions and value chain players
- Represent EAYIP in various stakeholder meetings, workshops, conferences, and shared learning events.
- Develop and implement plans for multi-stakeholders’ engagement and learnings.
- Regularly work with financial Institutions on access to finance component, including joint planning meetings, harmonizing work schedules and joint field visits
- Work with Financial Institution on identifying and addressing barriers to youth, smallholder/SME lending and develop financial products and/or solutions.
- Develop relationships with financial institutions and the private sector to facilitate access to finance and market linkages.
- Produce various technical reports in collaboration with implementing “partners” for sharing with stakeholders in the country
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- This will be dependent on the specific duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus seven (7) years of relevant financial program experience in development work in Tanzania.
- Specialized training in community mobilization, business development, and rural financial services is required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Enterprise development or related field from a reputable university
- For profit business experience at a leadership.
- Seven years of field experience in implementing community development projects including financial access, integration of farmer groups into formal banking, savings and lending and income generation activities in Tanzania or East Africa
- Excellent networking and liaison skills.
- Excellent writing skills, including report writing.
- Ability to plan and yet accommodate unexpected tasks.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Clear understanding of financial investment opportunities for youth groups
- Knowledge of youth workforce development issues especially in the rural communities of the East Africa region.
- Good understanding of gender dynamics in development, particularly among young people.
- Proven project management, motivational skills and with the ability to train youth
- Good understanding of the different value chains within the agricultural sector.
- Strong teamwork, training mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with “partners” and local governments.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as familiarity with financial accounting required;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in facilitating development of value chain- level business plans.
- Fluency in English (knowledge of other languages spoken in Tanzania is a plus).
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically, regionally and internationally as required.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Good communication and presentation skills; pay attention to details.
- Coaching skills including training, delegation, and presentation;
- Flexible and able to adapt to field logistics constraints
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Tanzania and other EAYIP project sites.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
Are you interested in becoming an Access to Finance Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Do you already see yourself working at a large, professional farm in East Africa? Where you will work with a great team every day to produce a quality product? And to ensure that this product reaches the entire world? Then you might be the new production manager we are looking for.
What kind of job is it?
The company we are recruiting for is one the largest breeding and cutting horticultural companies in the world. You will start with some training in Europe. This so that you learn what processes the various sites go through and what role the production locations in East Africa play in this. With this knowledge you will leave for East Africa. You will manage the (production) processes and cultivation technology around the cutting products and you identify opportunities for improvement. You will work closely with a few other production managers, the local Management team and the production staff and you will report to the local Operations Manager.
What are we looking for?
You are a true pioneer. You want to be challenged to find creative solutions. Flexibility is an important feature of you. You are intensively involved in the cultivation processes of our cutting material. It is nice if you have a college education (horticulture related) or experience in which you can demonstrate this knowledge. And of course you see it as a challenge to get started on an African farm.
What makes you happy?
An adventurous job where no day is the same. Working in a nice team to deliver a top product together every day gives you energy. Excellent employment conditions and room to develop your talents are self-evident.
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a large FMCG company with USD 50 mln. turnover a year with a clear plan to double turnover within 12 months, is looking for two entrepreneurial Financial Controllers. The Company is backed by an international private equity firm and the ideal candidate reports to the CEO/CFO as well as to the investors.
• Oversees, help train and improve current finance team (15-20 pax)
• Helping the company scale up and double turnover
• Implement and maintain ERP system
• Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting deadlines and investor requests
• Create company culture, create awareness of importance of cost management
The person we are looking for:
• Has a strong financial controller background
• Can lead a team, has a strong personality
• Is entrepreneurial and gets his / her hands dirty
• Has experience with consumer facing products
• Preferably has experience with investors
• Can be an Ethiopian or international candidate with preferably work experience in Africa
What is on offer:
• USD 60 – 75k CTC a year
• Performance based bonus
• Share option plan (
• Start date asap, location Addis Abeba
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client active in the mining industry we are looking for a Chief Accountant to be based in Lubumbashi, DRC.
We are looking for a candidate that has:
• Graduated in Accounting
• Knowledge of OHADA accounting standards
• Has worked for one of the Big 4 (PwC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG)
• Good analytical, communication and interaction skills with the managers of the other services and the General Management
• Mastery of the computer tool: MS office (Word, Excel, ...)
The attitude required for this role is:
• Good sense of organization, great rigor and seriousness in the work
• Disciplined and methodical
• Ability to work in a demanding environment
• Ability to cope with high workload and tight deadlines
• Compliance with procedures
• Communication skills (oral and written) in French
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in Europe
We are currently seeking for an experienced Country Sales Manager for a local brand in Ghana.
The company produces high quality natural products/cosmetics from the finest raw ingredients. Since their brand is having a high demand and they want to start looking at exporting to other countries, they are looking for a strong sales person.
He or she will be responsible for expanding the brand and its visibility, and will directly deal with wholesalers in the country and will also be responsible for increasing the number of wholesalers. In Ghana there is a huge potential for their organic products and its therefore a great opportunity.
The Head Grower is responsible for good quality mother stock and cuttings
• Ensures that department has up to date information on the growing process and aligns processes accordingly.
• Ensures that the mother stock is ready according to plan and in good quality and that it has the agreed factor to harvest.
• Effective and efficient labour management.
• Accountable for (cost) control on growing processes.
His or her key Contacts are the Managing Director, Operations Manager, Human Resource manager, Planners, Export & logistics, Quality Assurance Manager, irrigation Team leader, Crop supervisors and production manager. Personnel reporting to the Trainee Grower are Irrigators and sprayers.
Manages the following fields
• Growing processes
• Meet delivery performance
• Elite & Propagation success rate to be obtained as set and how to increase / improve the higher the percentage the lower costs / space etc
• Disease and Pest Management.
• Ensure good housekeeping standards (6S)
• Labour Management
• Managing Departmental Costs
Education / Professional Experience
• Graduate or Diploma in Horticulture, floriculture, Agriculture or Crop Protection.
• Experience in a flower farm in the same capacity.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent leadership skills and management skills
• Languages: English skills & preferably Kiswahili skills
Are you interested in becoming a Trainee Grower in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a player in the gaming industry, is looking for an experienced Country Manager to join the team and who provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial and commercial objectives of the different 0perations.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the country manager will report to the Project Manager Operations Africa, and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the respective country.
• Responsible to oversee and expand the company operations in the country.
• Lead the online and offline expansion of the company's presence in the assigned market.
• Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that marketing and promotions run smoothly and are a success.
• Responsible to provide accounts, budgeting and other financial statements to Group headquarters.
• Responsible for HR and administration of the operation.
• Relations with major Telecoms for mobile money solutions services as well as Gaming Boards, Banks, media and other external partners.
• Set KPIs and track their success
• Provide top customer service to the company's users
• Business Administration and MBA
• Experience in a similar position, previous experience in Africa is valued.
• Hard-working and willing to see projects through from conception to creation
• 2+ years experience in ecommerce is a plus.
• Experienced managing teams (20 to 30 employees)
• Experienced influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
• Strong English skills is a MUST. French and/or Swahili is a plus.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.