JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For a large international nutrion company we are recruiting a (Senior) Account Manager Africa .
In this challenging position, you will manage the following key areas of responsibility:
• Develop and realize the sales plan Africa in line with the ambitious global growth strategy, plan and implement the yearly sales budget in your area and achieve the yearly budgeted growth results in terms of turnover and gross margin.
• Develop new business for Savoury Ingredients.
• Cooperate with our global, regional and local technical specialists to support you in your area, in order to maximize the sales results in both existing and new business.
• Negotiate prices and payment conditions with your customers.
• Build and maintain high-level personal relations with the customers in your area.
• Optimize existing distribution network required to grow in line with Savoury Food Ingredients ambitious growth targets.
• Support the development of the sales plans by collecting market information and indicating market trends.
• Manage complaints and customer questions properly.
• Produce monthly reports on business results in the area, including market information and developments.
• The Senior account manager will be responsible for further expansion of our sales for Africa.
• He or she will report to the Regional Sales Manager EMEA.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in economics, business administration, science or technology and you have a technical knowledge of ingredients.
• You have in depth knowledge and expertise of the food ingredients industry and markets. By interest or education, you have knowhow about food and taste.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B sales environment, preferable with an excellent track record and network in the food industry in Africa.
• You have experience in the management of large / key accounts & distributors.
• You are able to design develop longer term sales strategies that support longer term Savoury Ingredients business strategy and deliver short term successes in parallel.
• You are a strong communicator. You are effective in influencing, negotiating and engaging, on different levels. People consider you as an effective networker and a strong team player.
• You have a hands-on mentality, you are a true entrepreneurial thinker and inquisitive by nature.
• You are very keen on working in emerging markets.
• You are willing to travel as this is an essential part of the role.
• You are fluent in French and English (must!)
• Qualities like customer focus, drive for results, entrepreneurship, initiative, engaging people and discipline are essential for this role.
Are you interested in becoming a (Senior) Account Manager Africa in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chair of the Board / Executive Director
Scope of the role
This role entails the full responsibility of the organisation, both strategically, as well as in operational terms. The focus of this role is on the following key areas, namely:
a. Chairing the Board through regular Board meetings and all associated formal responsibilities
b. Leadership of the organisation and of all its staff
c. Representation of the company to external parties, including the relationship with the sole shareholder, as well as with the Dutch Government
d. Commercial and financial management
e. Marketing/sales of the business vis-à-vis real estate project developers, banks, individual end-users a.o. Negotiation with real estate developers and end-users and monitoring of the real estate projects that they (intend to) implement
f. Communication and External Affairs/Public Relations
g. Negotiations with local, national or international project financiers and investors
a. Consolidated organisation with clear direction, duly organised and transparently managed
b. Development of annual business plan with KPIs
c. Land development policy, indicating options, priorities, targets and sustainability of the organisation
d. Price policy for land production, that is realistically achievable in the context of Beira’s ambitions for low-cost housing and industrial development
e. Sales policy for the sale of land destined for affordable housing, commercial (shops etc.), public (e.g. hospitals) and industrial purposes, that is taking into consideration not only land production costs, but also market value
f. Off-take contracts completed with real estate developers and/or end-users in the mini-pilot area in Maraza;
g. Off-take contracts in the remaining part of the Maraza area are being prepared and/or under negotiation with real estate developers, end-users and/or banks and investors
h. Munhava detailed land plan (‘plano pormenor’) elaborated and submitted for approval to the shareholder (with the support of the Dutch Government);
i. Off-take contracts in the industrial domain for Munhava under negotiation with real estate developers and/or end-users
j. Hand-over manual for successor
a. Development of relevant policies, a.o. price policy, sales policy, land development policy
b. Obtain insight in prices that are applied in real estate development projects, more specifically on the acquisition of land, housing construction, infrastructure construction (water, electricity, roads, sewerage, a.o.). N.B. It is understood that this is mainly learning by doing, since the (affordable) housing market is nearly non-existent
c. Obtain insight in the sale potential of affordable housing and industrial real estate
d. Identification and acquisition of robust financial management software package
e. Creation of a knowledge data base on interested parties, i.e. real estate developers, end-users, banks, investors, funding agencies, construction companies (landfill, roads, amenities)
f. Regularly provide public information regarding investment opportunities in the Maraza and Munhava projects to create interest for investment and off-take in the Maraza and Munhava areas
g. Procurement of financial auditor
h. Maintain relationship with the shareholder, i.e. the Mayor of Beira, by keeping him updated about progress and being open for his suggestions for business
i. Develop special purpose companies for parties that are interested in taking up a share of the organisation's subsidiaries
j. Development of annual objectives for the organisation with associated KPIs
a. Academic level of working and thinking (master’s degree)
b. Knowledge of the economic and financial aspects of the real estate economy, including land production, real estate development
c. More than 15 years of experience in the domain of urban land development, either in a commercial or a public setting, some of which in a developing country
d. A relevant network in the field of urban land development
e. A relevant network with banks, financiers, both commercial and public (including International Finance Organisations)
f. At least 10 years of managerial experience, some at Director/CEO level
g. Experience with commercial negotiations
h. Track record for transparency, and understanding of corruption risks of land development
i. Vision on the development of fast-growing cities in developing countries
j. Fluent in Portuguese and English;
k. Willingness to move to Beira
b. Sensitive regarding accelerated pro-poor growth in urban environments in developing countries, including political aspects and the security of tenure of poor people
c. Collaborative attitude
d. Capability to steer processes and provide sound leadership
e. Result orientated
f. Ability to inspire others
g. Sensitive towards fraud and corruption risks
h. Sound communication skills
i. Cultural sensitivity
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, which is a European company active in the horticulture sector in Africa, we are looking for a Farm Manager in Ethiopia.
• Direct reporting to general manager and Management Team from Europe and Ethiopia
• Planning and directing all farm activities:
* Follow up new varieties, building of greenhouses
* Follow up of Payroll, voucher and budgets
* Follow up targets, minimizing labor, labor optimization.
- Import & Export
* Communication with government, follow up new laws
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience.
• Preferable five or more years of relevant work experience in the position of manager.
• Affinity with the plant sector is an advantage
• Willing to relocate to Ethiopia.
• Languages English
• Attractive and versatile function with an international market leader in its segment.
• Attractive remuneration package including housing, insurance cover and medical cost refund.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is looking for a Construction / Site Manager to lead a small team, developing infrastructure (Airstrip, power station and access roads) and managing projects. The new manager needs to be fluent in French. He will Report to the General Manager. The Site manager will assist with all site activities, for example logistics, finance and accounting and contract and claims management.
- Work closely together with the Local Government
- Putting Zero Harm safety culture in place across all Projects
- Identify risks regarding safety and take preventative action when needed
- Construction and Contractor Management
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Implement the proper project control mechanisms
- Civil Engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Skilled in forecasting, planning, scheduling and cost control
- Well known with Community, Labour and Union relations
- Previous experience in West Africa
- French speaking and writing
The contract will be for 2 years initially.
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For an international client based in Accra in the agricultural sector, we are seeking a Purchase Manager.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Keep a detailed and updated list of vendors for Raw Materials and other inputs
• Collect price information and availability of Raw Materials from different suppliers
• Source new potential suppliers
• Inform General Manager daily on Raw Material stock levels, and initiate purchases
• Initiates purchases of items, in order to keep minimum stock levels.
• Prepare detailed contracts with suppliers
• Responsible for problem solving with suppliers, regarding differences in payment, quantities, quality etc. etc.
• End responsibility over a neat and organized warehouse and supervising the team
• Maintain minimum stock levels of raw materials and consumables
• Clear Purchase Orders by Goods Receiving note(GRN)
• Plan and organize collection of approved purchase orders, for both Raw Materials and Consumables
• Contracting transporters for raw material collection.
• Make sure all correct documentation (receipts, attachments, Withholding tax documents etc.) are made available to finance department
• Daily reporting of stock balancing of raw materials
• Manage the purchase team (storekeepers, administration and purchaser/collector)
• Prepare forecasts of requested stock materials
• Coordinate and resolve problems in collaboration with procurement team and finance team
• Follow up the implementation of procurement contracts in collaboration with involved departments
• Handle any other procurement related activities
Are you interested in becoming a Purchase Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, which is active in the logs and lumber industry, we are looking for a Saw Mill Manager in the Republic of Congo.
You will be responsible for organizing the production and management of contracts in accordance with the standards required by customers while optimizing yield and productivity.
• General supervision of production and its various stages (main sawing, recovery, packing, quality control, export)
• Extensive knowledge of sawing techniques
• Knowledge and experience in the operation and management of a saw mill and its staff
• Experience in Africa
• Regular contact with the different operational departments for good development of the production
• Regular contact with headquarters for order tracking and with local authorities for export of goods
• Good knowledge of IT (Excel, Word, e-mails, etc.)
• Good analytical skills
• Manage local teams
• Managerial and organizational knowledge (contract management, proposals for improvements etc.)
• Good internal and external communication
• Very rigorous and patient
• Team spirit
• Good listening skills
• 2 to 5 years experience in saw mill management
• Technical Bac +2 level
• Higher Education in Technology and Wood Processing
• Good knowledge in French
• Interest in working in Africa in the long term (at least 5 to 10 years)
• Interest in continuous training within the team terms
Are you interested in becoming a Saw Mill Manager in Congo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
• Chartered Accountant with +10 years' post qualification experience in te construction industry
• Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 15 for construction companies)
• Has experience of independent charge of accounts & finance function
• Has managed a team size of 3-4 members
• Good spoken and written communication skills & interpersonal skills
• 2-3 years’ working experience in West Africa would be of advantage
• Familiar with local tax regulations
• Worked in construction/mining industry
• Big 4 background
• Handling banking relationships
• Experience in ERP implementation
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Heads and monitors day to day finance operations for the region
• Works towards improving policies and procedures to ensure adequate control environment is in place
• Works along the Operations Head to manage project costing
• Ensures group reporting is done to the Head Office regularly
• Interacts with statutory auditors and ensures timely closure of local annual audits.
• Mentors & guides the accounting / finance team
• Ensures compliance with local regulations.
• Assist the Group Manager – Taxes, to prepare a detailed tax planning document for the region.
• Assists the Financial Controller / CFO from time to time on any finance department related matters.
• Ensures smooth implementation of ERP system.
Reporting to: President Africa & CFO
Minimum qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Position based in: Ghana
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.