JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For a client in the agri-solutions industry, we are recruiting a Global Head of Sales to scale up their team. They are looking for someone who has a high level of self motivation, with managerial experience and a great track record in sales.
The Global Head of Sales will be responsible for:
- meeting sales targets within assigned regions and accounts
- motivating and managing the sales team
- designing strategic sales plans
- Developing and promoting sales objectives
- Improving sales processes and pipeline management
- Working together with customers to better understand their goals and business needs
- Generating sales reports and forecasts for East Africa
If you are interested to be part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication, and you are keen on earning commission and closing deals, this might just be the opportunity you were looking for.
For our client who is a mine service provider, we are seeking a Sales and Key Account Manager based in Belgium, the UK or the Netherlands.
The new manager is in charge of the machines and project sales within the allocated area. He is responsible for the relationship with key customers and contractors, and for ensuring loyalty of these large accounts. The manager also coordinates the sales and After-Sales (parts and service).
How to proceed?
- The new manager will define the strategy for each key account portfolio
- Coordinate with the local teams and manage the customer relationship. Coordinate all actions during the sales process and be the go-to person for the customer
- Grow the sales and the profitability with key customer and contractorsa accounts in both parts, equipment and service.
- Visit customers regularly, on site or at headquarters and make offers
- Actively involved in making the business plan and business forecast
- Involved in proposing financing solutions by requesting relevant financial documents
- Achieve target revenue by maintaining and further developing business with existing customers
- Being actively involved in team meetings and creating an open culture that promotes discussion about everyday problems
What are the needed skills?
- University or High School degree or equivalent by experience
- Min. 6 year experience as a key account or sales manager in a mining sector is an absolute must
- Technical background
- Good knowledge in International Commercial Terms and Finance
- Good knowledge of Office Tools
- Native English speaking is mandatory and French is a plus
- Projects management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good relationship skills with both commercial and industrial clients
- Able to support diverse, multi-cultural and remote teams
- Team player
- Ability to travel : mostly in Africa, for about fourty or fifty percent to the time
Our client offers:
- A permanent contract
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfull company
- An extensive training program
- Taking initiative and further develop the function
- A competitive salary and an interesting package
Are you interested in becoming a Sales and Key Account Manager in Europe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a large civil engineering company and following a restructuring of their southern African business, there is a vacancy for the role of Director Advisory Group & Resident Director: Mozambique. The role is responsible to ensure profitability, sustainability and continuity of the Mozambique department. The appointment to the role will be for a period of two years. The role will be based in Maputo.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Director Advisory Group:
• Lead the allocated part of the Business Unit in order to ensure profitability, sustainability and continuity of the Business Line.
• Prepare and manage a realistic and ambitious annual budget for the AG, in line with corporate guidelines and in coordination with other relevant parts of the business.
• To be responsible for the successful achievement of annual targets for the Advisory Group as measured by the standard financial metrics (Profit & Loss), TIP and QHSE audits and revenue generation.
• Realise commercial goals by identifying opportunities in the market, in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer, and supporting sales initiatives and client relationship management.
• Supervise management of projects in close collaboration with all parties and stakeholders involved and work in close collaboration with the Director Operational Excellence to realise the goals set for the AG.
• Build, maintain and leverage a professional network of internal and external stakeholders or partners and represent the AG internally and externally.
• For their specific Advisory Group, the DAG is overall responsible for products, services and processes.
• Ensure efficient and effective operations by driving collaboration and network performance.
• Lead organisational development and changes and act as a role model for desired behaviours, live the core values.
• This position may include technical and commercial responsibilities in addition to AG management.
• Accountable for the sound governance of the Mozambican entity in terms of, inter alia, legal compliance, project execution and fiscal and tax obligation.
• Responsible for reputation management and incident and crisis management of the Mozambican entity.
• Responsible for the operational management of the Mozambican office, including support functions, ensuring local compliance to the company's policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the execution of Corporate Social Responsibility related activities in Mozambique.
• Prepare formal board resolutions.
• Act as the primary contact in the country, both internally and externally.
• Formulate the strategy and business plan of the AG and ensure implementation and follow-up.
• Collaboration with the Business Line Management team in the delivery of BL strategy.
• Promote culture transformation within the BL.
• Responsible for achieving working capital management targets and cash flow for the advisory group.
• Management and responsibility of overhead budget.
Internal Operations/Business Processes
• Compliance of AG activities with the companies’ procedures and BL guidelines.
• Drive change within the AG – ensuring engagement with new processes, procedures and Digital Way of Working.
• Accountable for the efficient and effective execution of projects and implements and integrates all relevant internal processes.
• Responsible for the submission of proposals to SA ROC.
• Responsible for the order and sales portfolio of the AG, maintaining order book levels (firm and potential) at target levels for the AG.
• Proactive Management of opportunities and leads.
• Co-ordination of the marketing activities if applicable.
• Ensure all client activity is recorded on CRM.
• Responsible for Client relations including maintaining or achieving client satisfaction.
• May be required to perform account management for named accounts within the Business Line.
• Manage employee resourcing including liaison with other AG’s to ensure capacity is available and/or utilised efficiently and effectively within Business Line and across BL borders.
• Responsible for team formation to fit market requirements, including recruitment, resource and succession planning.
• Development of employees - ensure development reviews are completed, training planned and followed up, knowledge is shared, and staff are encouraged to reach their full potential.
• Take overall responsibility for employee issues within the AG, including annual reviews, performance management, and welfare of employees.
• Facilitate engagement and communication within the AG.
• Work with DBU to ensure that opportunities for disciplined (targeted) collaboration across AGs are identified and achieved.
• Ensure sustainable financial performance.
• Ensure corporate governance and compliance of the entity.
• Drive culture transformation.
• Design and drive new strategies
• Deliver high margins
• Run an intact business
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Represent the organisation externally
• Facilitate a collaborative culture
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
• Relevant technical or business degree.
• Post graduate qualification is advantageous.
• Professional registration is advantageous.
• (Recent) experience of managing part of a business and/or multi-disciplinary project teams with line, profit & loss, commercial and contracts responsibilities.
• Entrepreneur with clear market drive, focus on clients and client network as well as on performance of the AG in this respect.
• Performance driven and achievement (results) oriented.
• Able to translate broad strategies into clear objectives and practical action plans.
• Client centric and a high level of business acumen.
• Stimulates collaboration across BLs.
• Cultural sensitivity.
• Supportive leader with coaching skills.
• Accountable and responsible.
• Able to use judgement and discretion effectively and appropriately.
• Excellent communication, facilitating and influencing skills.
• High level of integrity.
• Willing to travel to suit the requirements of the role.
Are you interested in becoming a Resident Director in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a large organization active in business services in the health sector around the world.
As a Head of sales you own your region, develop your strategy and execute this. For this role the region is defined as East-Africa. You can imagine, two days hardly ever look the same. A typical day might include the following:
Building relations within your markets to develop concrete business opportunities and create new sales leads
Set everything aside to close a deal.
prepare presentations & proposals
building a healthy pipeline and execute on it in order to close your deals
Review and adapt your regional strategy to maximize results
Finish a quote before the deadline while following internal processes
What skills do you need?
Do you have 5 years of experience in sales and you have strong commercial, networking and negotiation skills? Great start! That’s essential for the role.
Do you also have a healthcare background?
Finally if you are a driven by closing business and get excited by exceeding your sales, you might just be the perfect fit.
You will love this job if you…
Love sales and get motivated by working with targets
Are well-organised in following up on your sales leads
Nurture relations and enjoy developing them
Are triggered by the opportunity to map and adapt our sales strategy
Feel in your natural habitat at networking events and in presentation rooms
Have a strong sense of accountability and like to be empowered
Like to work independently, but also value the input of others
Can cope with the stress of deadlines and taking decisions in unexpected situations
Are agile and enjoy adapting to an ever changing environment
Our client can offer you…
A challenging job in an international and diverse context
Trust to fill in this position in your personal way and to the best of your abilities
A dynamic team and sounding board, a director who will mentor and coach you
An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits
A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise
Market-related salary conditions
A dynamic, young and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative, thrives on success and truly understands the concept of the lifetime value of a client
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Sales Representative will report to the sales manager.
Key Performance areas:
Develop and support the sales of the whole company portfolio in the central region in together with the existing team)
Visit and support key accounts
Maximize the support to end customers and distributors both B2B and Business to farm
Analyse competitors, customer requirements and recognize market trends and developments
Develop new business opportunities with existing and new customers
Develop area plans
Active credit control
Organize sales, marketing, technical and administrative support
One of these qualifications would be preferred: Animal nutrition, Commercial or Agricultural
5 years’ experience in a sales environment preferably within the Animal nutrition industry
Knowledge in an animal nutrition plant would be an advantage
Intermediate PC and keyboard knowledge with strong skills in spreadsheet and word processing packages
Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written)
Attention to detail
Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Supervisory Board
Our client has a two-tier board structure in accordance to a European corporate governance framework, with a Supervisory Board (non-executive) and Management Board (executive). The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Management Board’s activities in developing and implementing the business strategy and managing the principle risks associated with it. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies carried out by the management board and the general affairs of the company, with focus on the effectiveness of the company’s internal risk management and control systems and the integrity and quality of the financial reporting.
The Supervisory Board Directors shall always act independently and in the best interests of the company, and to that end, shall weigh the relevant interests of all the company’s stakeholders, including clients, staff and shareholders. The Chair of the Supervisory Board works with the CEO to set the agenda of the Supervisory Board meetings and chairs the meeting, stimulating and open and balanced discussion. Their role is to make sure that supervision and support are effective, proactive and constructive, based on a deep understanding of the company, its customers and the business environment.
The supervisory board will be expected to self-evaluate its own performance and that of its committees on an annual basis on the following four categories:
i. Strategy and business;
ii. Monitoring and risk management;
iii. Board dynamics and processes; and
iv. Composition and diversity.
We are seeking three new Directors for the Supervisory Board, including the role of the Chair.
We are seeking to create a strong and effective Supervisory Board with experience and track record in the African renewable energy sector, relevant subject matter expertise and corporate governance. Between the three positions, we are looking for the following key characteristics:
Direct experience in the renewable energy sector, preferably in Africa, either in an operational role or as an investor / lender role in the sector
Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably East Africa
Strong credit management expertise and experience
Relevant qualifications and experience in Finance and Accounting to Chair the company's Audit Committee (sub-committee of the Supervisory Board)
Experience with strategic sale, corporate financing structures / SPVs
Experience with early stage companies and leading change management / transition programmes
Strong commercial mindset, with experience in building profitable businesses
Ugandan or regional candidates with the relevant business networks are strongly preferred especially if based in the region or willing to spend time in country to be closer to the management
Focus on safety, ethics and compliance
Prior experience as a Board Director; ideally with knowledge of corporate governance framework and demonstrated ability to apply corporate governance principles in Board roles (For the Chair role, >10 years C suite / Board Chair experience preferred)
Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
Strong inter-personal skills, ability to constructively challenge and support the management team
We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive Board and would welcome applications from candidates who bring gender and cultural diversity to the Board.
You are committed to building commercially sustainable businesses to address the energy challenge in Africa. You can think strategically and look at the bigger picture, but at the same time bring a sense of urgency to get things done. You encourage open and constructive debate but can prioritise decisions and actions. You will hold people accountable to deliver on their commitments. People love to work with you because you are candid, positive and respectful. You are resilient, can adapt to changes and used to working in challenging business environments.
What to expect
The Supervisory Board meets in person usually in Kampala (or Nairobi) every quarter, typically over 1.5 days. In additional to the formal Board meeting (typically a full day) this may include strategy sessions, subject matter sessions, Board committee meetings, wider staff engagements and field visit.
In addition, there is a monthly call (60-90 minutes) to review business performance and progress against business plan targets.
As part of the onboarding process, you will be expected to spend 2-3 days in Uganda in the headquarters and in the field to get acquainted with the market, the company and the team.
You may also be expected to Chair or participate in relevant committees or working groups.
There may be periods of heightened activity when you may have to join additional calls or meetings (eg around fund raising activities)
The appointment is for a period of two years, with the option to extend.
The company compensated the costs of travel and accommodation and offers and appropriate remuneration for your time.
The Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa Africa plays an axial role in the growth of the company’s cocoa business. Starting in Ivory Coast the manager will develop and execute the company’s Sustainability and Specialty Strategy as per below in Africa. Growing opportunities for the candidate are projects in Latin America as well as managing the Marketing & Sales of the global program as well.
The company aims to create a professional sustainability program that is capable of designing, implementing and monitoring the sustainability and specialty cocoa projects. Most of the sourced cocoa in Africa will be sourced as sustainable and or specialty cocoa.
The company defines sustainable cocoa as cocoa which is traceable and has verifiable social and ecological impact in the cocoa supply chain, mainly for the producers and producing countries. The company defines specialty cocoa as cocoa which is opted for by the company's clients for its consistent taste and/or that it is grown organically.
Reports to Director/Management
General and financial management
• Jointly with the Head of Sourcing and the Director further develop the Strategy.
• Build and manage an organization/team in Africa to implement the Strategy.
• Ensure professional and accurate project and overhead budgeting, financial management as well as financial and qualitative and quantitative reporting according to internal requirements and in compliance with 3rd parties/partners and subsidy/donor and/or client requirements.
• Set up project documents and agreements, including governance structures, project policy, regulations, monitoring and evaluation policies etc. to ensure successful implementation of the Strategy.
• Ensure project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, local authority’s, partner’s and client’s compliance and quality standards.
• Find, assess, select and cooperate with project partners, including farmer groups, suppliers and exporters, and projects in line with the Strategy.
• Benchmark projects both with other projects within the network and with the industry practices and experiences, to assure that the projects and methodologies of partners and the company itself are constantly being assessed and improved and are at least in line with the peer group and general industry standards.
• Establish a detailed database and an efficient Monitoring and Evaluation System.
Relationship management and reporting
• Ensure that the Strategy supports general and client specific certifications and requirements and meet/exceed expectations of third-party stakeholders, mainly clients.
• Represent the company towards cocoa sustainability and specialty organisations, (N)GO’s and initiatives in Africa
• Establish and implement a model for stakeholder relationship management and partnership protocols and processes.
• Establish, develop and maintain a strong network of stakeholders and important (non) government and technical partners, all involved in the sustainable and specialty cocoa supply chain.
• Connect the projects with clients and vice versa, jointly with Trade and Origin Management.
• Report/Communicate program and project information and progress both internally and externally, with the aim to create awareness (both internal and external) and interest by potential clients as well as to ensure that the positioning is perceived as such by the cocoa market and interested parties.
• Arrange, jointly with the Management, the funding of overhead and projects. The funding includes capital provided by financial institutions, (N) GO’s, clients, other 3rd parties and the company itself.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in sustainability, international development, agriculture, natural resources management, business administration or another tropical agriculture-related field or equivalent 5-year business experience.
• First-hand knowledge of the concepts of sustainable agriculture and knowledge of tropical commodity buying.
• Understanding of business and value chains and experience in working with companies as well as farmers.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, including in managing budgets, project management experience within NGOs preferred.
• Prior cocoa, or other soft/agricultural, industry knowledge is an advantage, moreover in Specialty Cocoa.
• Negotiation, influencing and leadership skills with government, industry and institutional stakeholders.
• Program design and implementation in rural settings, especially in Africa.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage remote staff in developing countries.
• Effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with ability to operate efficiently in multi-institutional and cultural relationships, and to communicate with farmers, government ministers, donor representatives and/or company executives.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
• Administrative efficiency, with ability to track project progress and prepare timely reports, and competence in main computer software programs.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and French. Fluency in other languages would be advantageous.
• Understands cocoa certification programs.
• Passionate and ambitious
• Self-starter driven with a pro-active and can-do attitude
• Accurate in planning and organizing
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan with regular upcountry and rest of Africa travels.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a global logistics service provider with offices in Europe and in Africa. They deliver solution driven logistics services.
For their African offices they are looking for a Mandarin speaking candidate to help them develop business specially in the Copper mines in Zambia and DRC.
* Experience and network in logistics and / or mining
* Africa experience, preferably in the Coppermine area in Zambia and Congo
* Minimum of 10 yrs. experience in sales and / or business development
* Extensive traveling
* Attractive package
* Long term perspective, even with options to grow into General or Country Management
* Live and work in Congo, Zambia or South Africa
Do you feel like you are this candidate? Please apply through the link 'Apply Now' and one of our team members will get back to you.