JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and all-round Office Manager / Secretary / PA to strengthen the Johannesburg team of our client. The core of the job is secretarial. And then there is a wide range of other activities. It is important to be a self-starter, be assertive, take initiative, solve problems and to have a flexible mind set given the wide range of tasks and the supportive nature of the job. Communication skills are important, with coordination and interaction with the team on the ground, in Nairobi as well as with the Head Office in The Hague. We are looking for a person with minimum 5 yrs relevant working experience. It is a role with flexible hours.
▪ Providing support to the JO Team by means of good general office housekeeping, including but not limited to:
▪ Banking – monitor and run the JO bank account.
▪ Uploading of all payments (car rentals, house rentals, travel claims, hotels, salaries, functions, credit card etc.) for approval and release
▪ Reconciliations each month via the CARS system
▪ Liaising with HO accounts payable
▪ All travel arrangements for the JO team members
▪ Provide support to the NL Head Office for all their travel arrangements
▪ Manage all JO filing and admin according to policies and procedures
▪ Manage general upkeep of the office and building
▪ Maintain relationships with landlord, electricians, housekeeping, aircons etc.
▪ Manage all stationery for the JO, all orders, inventory and upkeep
▪ Manage the JO data bases
▪ Maintain relationships with HO Servicedesk for all IT related issues, assets, systems and procedures
▪ Manage all diaries of the JO Team
▪ Events Management for all events, functions, team building etc.
▪ Support management with budgeting related documents
▪ Manage relationship with HO legal department.
▪ Supporting in HR related procedures for the JO
▪ Manage the petty cash registry for the JO
▪ Set up new employees with computers, cell phones, etc.
▪ Communicate with facilities
Key Competencies Job Family: Office Support
▪ Customer orientation internally and externally
▪ Strong organizational and administrative abilities
▪ Pro-activeness and service mindset
• Relevant qualifications
▪ Microsoft Office (various)
▪ CARS System
▪ Experience in Office management, administrative functions and people management
▪ Administrative skills
▪ Analytical skills
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Communication skills
▪ Computer skills
▪ Financial administrative skills
▪ Social skills
▪ Organisational skills
▪ Multi-tasking and decision making skills
▪ Knowledge of certain programs, for example CARS system
▪ Team oriented approach to problem solving and design
▪ Professional communication and written skills
▪ Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
▪ Integrity and confidentiality
▪ Ability to work professionally under pressure in a fast-pacedchallenging environment
▪ Strong customer service skills
Relevant Critical Experiences
▪ Office Management
Are you interested in becoming an Office Manager/ Secretary in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
A building and civil engineering construction company based in Nigeria seeks to engage an experienced, capable and entrepreneurial professional as a Chief Operating Officer (COO). The suitable candidate will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of profitable delivery and quality execution of projects, cost effective management of business operations, market engagement, identification of business opportunities and effective client relationship management.
• Develops and implements approved business and operational plans to growth, manage a robust portfolio of clients, profitable revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria
• Provides effective leadership of the operations team to ensure cost efficient delivery of quality projects and effective implementation of strategic business plan.
• Ensures that all new projects are well researched, adequately resourced and key stakeholders properly engaged to enable quality execution safely and profitably
• Ensures that joint ventures projects are well developed and executed profitably and in safe working conditions
• Ensures that all staff, especially the key technical staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed to enhance performance capacity of the business
• Works closely with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure cost effective access to project financing
• Takes active part in key business decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Ensures timely preparation and provision of accurate and up-to-date reports on the operational performance and financial health of the company, in liaison with the CEO
• Promotes knowledge retention and thought leadership insights on the business and management imperatives in the construction industry.
• Works closely with the CEO to progress opportunities and win business/projects for the company
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, or any related field, Master’s degree in business management, finance or any related field, will be an advantage
• Proven record of performance and Knowledge of the construction business
• Knowledge of Project Management. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
• Effective communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
• Business development and business management skills
• Business Intelligence and understanding of the competitive environment
• Project Management Skills
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Strong drive to achieve and personal integrity
• Strong business planning and knowledge of regulatory issues
• A solid grasp of financial analysis and performance metrics
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and provide appropriate solutions
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
EVP Africa & Central America
Drive our growth and lead delivery of our mission in key markets
The Executive Vice President Africa & Central America (EVP ACA) is part of the top Management with overall responsibility for all operating assets and business development within the regions of Africa and Central America. The EVP ACA shall ensure shareholders secure a long-term return on their investments by reducing the risk associated with hydropower development, acquisitions and operations. Further, the role will promote the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct across all activities are aligned with our Business Principles and Code of Conduct. The position will be seated at SN Power’s hub in Africa, which is yet not established, and extensive travelling is expected for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Budget and result responsibility
- Evaluation of market opportunities
- Regulatory compliance and risk management
- Project identification, development & investment, and/or acquisition
- Negotiate agreements
- Close approved investments
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Build and develop the capabilities needed in the region
- A strong academic background (degree level education)
- Leadership experience in comparable developing economies (ideally in Africa)
- Relevant commercial experience at a comparable level
- Ideally energy related and/or infrastructure experience
- Project delivery and asset management experience
- Experience opening new markets in developing countries
What we offer
- Drive investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
- Contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
- Join a truly international company
- Work for an investment company with more than USD$2B Equity under Management
- A lean and dynamic multicultural working environment
We look forward to hearing from you
In this assignment we cooperate with Mercuri Urval, a leading global Executive Search & Advisory Firm.
For additional information please contact email@example.com.
About us/the client
SN Power is a growing international renewable energy company with projects and operations in South-East Asia, Africa and Central America. They invest on commercial terms and are committed to social and environmental sustainability throughout their business. SN Power is a long-term industrial investor in the hydropower sector. Their business model is based on active ownership, the transfer of Norwegian Hydropower expertise, and responsible, sustainable development of renewable energy. They emphasize close cooperation with all stakeholders - financial, governmental, industrial and particularly local communities. They maintain high social, environmental and ethical standards in all our activities.
Are you interested in becoming an Executive Vice President Africa & Central America? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a social enterprise that provides data to farmers and agricultural organizations.
As the companies' lead Sales talent in West Africa, you will have the opportunity to build an amazing new business in the really important market in West Africa. You will be supported by a motivated, small team of techies, marketers and scientists, and you need to have extensive experience and relationships in the agricultural space as well as knowledge of the food industry to get to your sales objectives, while establishing the company as a leading player in this market.
You will work together with the product and marketing team and the CCO to implement and create projects across West Africa. You will be promoting the companies' unique value to our clients. The Marketing and Communications team will support you to generate new leads and in the end new customers. All new customers will be handed over to the Account Management team, who will build a solid relationship with these customers and turn it into a partnership that is benificial for both parties.
You will be one of the first senior Sales executives for this company and so you will play a central and important role in the strategy of how the company is going to the market. The company and you can improve the lives of the farmers. Our client is small and therefor flexible to adjust to the customers' needs. So if you have good knowledge of the decision making process of agricultural companies, the benefits and features they would want and know what makes them tick, we would be happy to hear from you.
• Have a deep understanding of the market and it's players.
• Identifying prospects, exploring and researching sales options.
• Building relationships with clients by providing information, guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
• Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
• Exceeding sales objectives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• bilingual French (native) and English
* Minimum 5 years experience in Sales for a major Agricultural input company
• In depth knowledge of the Food value chain
• Great presentation skills and being able to be creative at solving buying challenges
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Executive in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.