JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
1. POSITION DETAILS
Job Title: Project Technical Manager
2. PURPOSE STATEMENT
To plan, manage, coordinate and execute tasks and processes towards ensuring release plants are evaluated, sized, designed and costed adequately, and delivered and tested in a technically compliant manner.
3. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
3.1. Operating System
a. Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the Release operating system
b. Establishment of standard processes and procedures, as well as marketing material for Release
c. Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the Release operating system
3.2. Support to Procurement Process
a. Participate to the definition and upgrade of standard design and technical solutions for Release
b. Support the Procurement team in technical evaluation of suppliers
c. Drive the simplification and standardisation of design
d. Participate to the validation process of standard solutions for Release
e. Attend tests and other assessments related to equipment
3.3. Support to Acquisition Phase of Release plants
a. Support the Release Sales team in technical screening new plant opportunities
b. Review technical input from potential Lessees to ensure the information / documentation provided is consistent and sufficient for an initial evaluation
c. Prepare Preliminary Designs that are used for submission of Indicative Offers: Yield studies, PV and storage sizing, interconnection principles.
d. Conduct pre-contract Site Visits and prepare Site Visit Reports
e. Review Site Visit Reports and prepare adjustments to Preliminary Designs.
f. Coordinate with Engineering, Design, Procurement and Installation teams to prepare Final Designs, in particular minigrid energy modelling, PV and storage final sizing, and interconnection details.
g. Ensure all technical parameters are incorporated in the Final Design
h. Support Procurement and Sales teams in defining Balance of Plant scope and costs
i. Manage the process to complete the technical schedules of Lease Agreements.
j. Support Sales team in negotiations of the Lease Agreement and lead with assistance to the PM to complete Project Documents, not only technical.
3.4. Support to Delivery Phase of Release plants
a. Ensure detailed engineering designs are implemented according to the Final Design.
b. Assess and approve design change requests
c. Provide technical support the Installation team
d. Support technical interactions with Lessee and other third parties involved at site.
e. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of Tests on Completion
f. Ensure that Plant related information and documentation is properly gathered and archived
3.5. Support to Lease Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Operation and Installation Team in problem solving.
b. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of the Planned Maintenance and yearly Performance Tests
3.6. Support to Demobilisation Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Installation Team in assessing the Plant and evaluating requirements for refurbishment or replacement of components
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
Degree in Electro Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering
An excellent knowledge of MS Office
Project Management Certificate
Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to work Independently and to multitask in a fast moving environment
• Analytical thinking
• Commercial Acumen
• Assertiveness and organisational skills
• High energy level and motivation.
• Proactive and initiative-taking
• Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
• Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
• High social and intercultural competence
• Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects•
3+ years electrical engineering experience
This includes the following:
5+ years project environment experience
3+ years electrical transmission/distribution experience with practical experience with power generation with Diesel /HFO
3+ years project/process management experience
Practical experience in site electrical construction and/or operation
Strong experience in diesel/HFO power generation
Exposure to MV distribution
Exposure to PV Project execution
Experience in minigrid design, energy storage and hybrid solutions (i.e. multiple energy production sources)
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively internationally to 3rd world and developing countries
• Must be able to work in an open plan environment
• Must be able to work extended hours
• Valid driver’s licence
Are you interested in becoming a Project Technical Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you that pioneer who is going to start a new location for our client? Do you see yourself setting up a large, professional farm in close consultation with management in Europe? Where you will work with a team of people every day to produce a quality product? Then you might be the new innovative production Manager we are looking for.
What kind of job is it?
The company we are recruiting for is one the largest breeding and cutting horticultural companies in the world. You will start with a few weeks of training in Europe. This so that you learn what processes the various sites go through and what role the production locations in Africa play in this. With this knowledge you will leave for Kenya. You are going to set up a new location there. You will conduct discussions with local authorities to ensure that everything runs smoothly. You put together a decisive team of production managers and local managers to subsequently realize the correct management of the (production) processes and cultivation technology around the cutting products. Of course you are constantly working on optimizing processes.
What are we looking for?
You are a true pioneer. You want to be challenged to find creative solutions. Flexibility is an important feature of you. You are intensively involved in the cultivation processes of our cutting material. It is nice if you have a college education (horticulture related) or experience in which you can demonstrate this knowledge. And of course you see it as a challenge to get started on a new African farm.
What makes you happy?
An adventurous job where no day is the same. Working in a nice team to deliver a top product together every day gives you energy. Excellent employment conditions and room to develop your talents are self-evident.
Are you interested in becoming an innovative Production Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a large commercial farm located in the Northern part of Ghana in the seed business. They are focused on expansion of their work and increasingly building capacity to be among the major seed producers in Ghana.
Do you have corporate management experience in the (seed) agribusiness and proven track of record for effective
team management, results-driven leadership and turn a company into a commercial profitable business?
We are searching a dynamic and commercially oriented team leader to join the company in the role of Managing Director for a company in the Northern part of Ghana.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Strategic Leadership
• Direct the company in keeping with the commercial vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
• Build a strong team of Senior Managers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability and profitability.
• Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
• Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
II. Operations Management
• Develop a profitable seed strategy and oversee its execution including operational cropping plan, budgets, quality ,marketing and sales.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
• Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
• Oversee day-to-day commercial operations of the company.
III. Financial Management
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, carry out risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
IV. Human Resource management
• Strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function regarding hiring practices, payroll, training and benefit disbursement.
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the respective managers
• Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in, Commercial Agriculture , Seed , Business Administration, or related subject areas
• At least 5 years of corporate managerial experience in agribusiness
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Good appreciation of general finance and accounting concepts. Understanding of financial statements is a must.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and accounting software
• Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
African candidates, especially Ghanaians are encouraged to apply.
French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant (Talent Pool)
JobnetAfrica HR Consultancy Services specializes in International Human Resource Solutions in Africa. Conducting business across borders requires a special set of skills and cultural awareness. Our consultants have a broad understanding of HR as well as extensive Africa experience, allowing them to bridge the gap between cultures. Our clients are international companies who engage us for our specialist HR knowledge. We contribute towards their HR (change) programs, provide them with temporarily work-load reduction and give an independent 3rd party assessment on HR issues.
JobnetAfrica is currently looking to replenish our talent pool with Independent HR Consultants who:
Live in West-Africa, preferably in the capital area,
Have lived/ studied/ worked in Europe or the USA for at least 10 years,
Have 3-10 years of international HR work experience,
Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or Business Administration from a university in Europe or the USA,
Are fluent in French both spoken & written, as well as English.
Doing an assignment through JobnetAfrica means you can concentrate on what you do best and leave the rest to us! We will:
Take care of marketing and business development,
Use our strong brand name and our vast client-base to secure assignments,
Help you write proposals, or write them for you, and negotiate fees with clients,
Take care of the financial administration.
If you’re interested in working for JobnetAfrica as an Independent HR Consultant, apply here (add hyperlink). Please add a short summary with the type of HR assignments you are looking for, your fee expectations as well as your LinkedIn profile!
If you’d like to know more about the talent pool before applying, please contact Hedwig Rovers, Manager HR Consultancy Services: Hedwig@jobnetafrica.com
Are you interested in becoming a French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The country manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Burundi office. You will be head of around 10 staff members.
You are expected to lead by example. On a daily basis The country manager manages the organization's projects, programmes and operations .
The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director and work closely with the regional team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Management
- Manage the overall programme and operations;
- Responsible for the country strategy and development of the projects in Burundi;
- Analyse political developments and hunanitarian needs in the country and the surrounding region;
- Making sure all programme activities comply with national and international laws and regulations.
- Listen and create dialogue with your team members;
- Support, Motivate and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes difficult situations;
- Oversee all HR related issues within the programme.
(Donor) Relations Management
- Develop and maintain contact with the representatives of important partners;
- Oversee all financial reports related to the programmes, together with the staff.
- Develop relationships with donors, media, other NGO's, authorities and embassies to identify funding opportunities;
- Overseeing the project budgets;
- Making sure controls are in place to prevent fraud.
- Oversee the implementation of security plans, guidelines and manuals in the country;
- Making sure security procedures are maintained throughout the country programme;
- Take the lead during security incidents or threats.
Requirements and Skills
- Fluent writing and speaking in French and English is a must;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong focus on deliviring results using available resources;
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management, Development Studies and / or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a similar position, level and within an NGO;
- Working experience in East-Africa, previous experience in Burundi is an advantage;
- A good understanding of the situation in the region;
- People manager and motivator;
- A problem solving person;
It is a full-time contract for at least 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Burundi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.