JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Heifer Project International (HPI) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) Country Project Manager, under the guidance of the EAYIP Project Director with dotted line reporting to the Country Director of HPI, through its branch office in Tanzania (Heifer Tanzania), will provide overall leadership to staff and other EAYIP “partners” in the implementation of all components of EAYIP in Tanzania, leading to the transformation and empowerment of youth participating in the market through employment and/or value chain activities. This will include overseeing all project activities; producing related reports on project progress; supervising and appraising the performance of EAYIP country office staff; monitoring project budgets, administrative, logistics and material resources and coordinating EAYIP country learning events and ensuring timely project implementation and delivery of outcomes. The Manager will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining long-range annual plans and budgets, as well as developing the appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure that all outcomes are achieved.
Essential Character Traits
Energetic, Positive, Collaborative, Values-Oriented, Enthusiastic
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Program Effectiveness (50%)
- Accountable for planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating the project within the country in an effective, efficient and timely manner
- Prepare annual operational plan and budget in collaboration with the project team.
- In “partnership” with implementing “partner” organizations, design a monitoring and evaluation framework and ensure that key indicators are monitored.
- Organize country stakeholder workshops and conferences to share experiences and lessons learned.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of youth-focused training programs aimed at improving social, life and vocational skills in the identified value chains.
- Implement an exit strategy that will provide sustainability of the impact created through EAYIP.
- Oversee the progress of all project objectives within the country and provide direction and guidance to ensure that planned targets are achieved.
- Ensure that social capital and values-based holistic community development (VBHCD) are mainstreamed in the project at all levels.
Management and Compliance (30%)
- Accountable for ensuring that the project’s administrative, human resource and finance functions are timely, efficient and in compliance with HPI’s global, area and country-level policies and procedures within the framework of local law
- Ensure that project staff work closely with the Heifer Tanzania country program and EAYIP regional office teams to ensure that contracts, other legal documents and financial statements are processed appropriately.
- Submit timely reports to country program and EAYIP regional offices as required.
- Carry out annual staff appraisals for staff under his/her supervision.
- Ensure that periodic project reviews are conducted, with learnings documented and shared.
- Supervise expenditure control within the budgets.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and procedures of donors.
- Ensure proper maintenance and use of assets.
- Inspire, mentor and manage staff to achieve project goals.
Partnership and Engagement (15%)
- Accountable for networking and representing EAYIP with the host country government, national and regional research organizations, private sector and international organizations
- Develop and implement plans for multi-stakeholders’ engagement and learning.
- Monitor the work of HPI’s local “partners” and ensure that they are compliant with the activities agreed upon in the teaming agreements.
- Work with local governments to identify and address social and economic barriers to increasing youth participation, especially young women, in the agricultural sector.
- Develop relationships with financial institutions and the private sector to facilitate access to finance and market linkages.
- Produce various technical reports in collaboration with implementing “partners” for sharing with stakeholders in the country.
- Represent EAYIP in various stakeholder meetings, workshops, conferences and shared learning events.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor’s Degree plus seven (7) years of relevant experience in development work in Tanzania.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Rural Development, Enterprise Development or a related field
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledge of income and expense budget preparation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of youth workforce development issues especially in rural communities of the East Africa region.
- Good understanding of gender dynamics in development, particularly among young people.
- Good understanding of the different value chains within the agricultural sector.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with HPI’s headquarters (HQ), donors, “partners” and local governments.
- Fluency in English (knowledge of other languages spoken in Tanzania is a plus)
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Tanzania and other EAYIP project sites.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically, regionally and internationally as required
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Reporting Structure: CEO
Position exists to ensure that all production equipment is kept and maintained in good working order to ensure maximum plant availability and that buildings and assets are properly maintained within budgetary requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• B Eng (Electrical) degree - mandatory
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in MS Office
Required Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Requirement (s):
• Extensive knowledge in high frequency induction welders and annealers
• Production Management experience
• Manufacturing background
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Supervisor experience
• Production Management experience
• Compressed air
• Water cooling and circulation systems
• Mechanical knowledge
• Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Ability to read drawings
Key Competencies Attributes:
• Highly analytical
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong management skills / a strong leader
• Ability to prioritise and delegate responsibilities
• Ability to independently resolve conflict
• Proven business analysis and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including Exco.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is persuasive and can easily influence others
• Has good leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Is proactive and anticipates potential problems before they can hinder a company’s success
• Possess good customer service skills
• Maintains a positive attitude and constantly encourages others
• Motivational Leader
• Technical Skills
• Performance Manager
• Communication skills
• Business acumen
• Time Management skills
• Computer skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Customer focused
Key Performance Areas (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
• Manage a team responsible for plant maintenance
• Management of people.
• Liaise with the Production, Finance, Buying, QC, Warehouse departments on a daily basis
• Do skills analysis and identify on-the-job and other training opportunities to improve employees’ value and contribution to the business and themselves
• Responsible for job descriptions, shortlisting, recruitment, disciplining, dismissal and motivating team members
• Set-up performance metrics for new employees and execute performance appraisals during probation periods
• Manage engineering standby to improve plant availability and improve efficiencies
• Manage standby call-outs as well as overtime work over weekends
• Responsible for the updating of a catalogue for all engineering related parts and services to assist with reordering and repeat orders
• Identify critical spares to be kept by the spare parts warehouse
• Ensure spare parts and consumables availability
• Create preferred supplier lists
• Sign-off all requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for parts and services related to engineering activities
• Supervise daily consumable usage
• Update actual electricity, water and on sites, monthly
• Liaise with Landlord on all aspects of the buildings (including refurbishments, repairs and improvements)
• Provide finance department and landlord with a list of all activities and costs related to the buildings on a monthly basis
• Created ‘factory future layouts’ to optimise layout and space utilisation
• Determine spare capacities on utilities for future expansion
• Create yearly OPEX budget for all maintenance and repair activities on sites
• Create yearly CAPEX budget for improvement, extension and replacement projects on site
• Create yearly OPEX budget for coal, electricity, water, sewage and refuse removal of sites
• Manage budgets to ensure optimal usage of available financial resources
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Operations Officer / Sr Electrical Engineer in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager
• Key Management position in sales, growth potential to a senior levels.
• Able to demonstrate strong personal network at decision making levels
• Growth Driven position, high rewards
Education and experience
• Strong business acumen skills, Key soft skills .
• BSc(Eng)/BEng/BTech/NDip Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years sales experience field/site work power transmission products
• Computer literate with intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Driver’s license
• Own transport
• Prepared to travel locally
• Strong leadership skills
• Results oriented
• Logical and analytical thinker
• Shows effective planning and time management to ensure maximum productivity
• Influential, strong networker
• Energetic and peoples person
• Enthusiastic, self starter
• Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity to solve problems,creative.
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Accounts for others, approachable
TCC includes: Negotiable, market related
Key performance areas:
• Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross margin targets and objectives on an ongoing basis
• Develop sales leads through prospecting and lead generation activities/campaigns, and networking with partners and industry contacts
• Develop value in preparing appropriate solutions and provide customer quotations and technical selection.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports on a minimum weekly/monthly basis by logging sales activity, actions, calls, and quotes on the CRM system and keep it maintained
• Submit monthly report/s on sales activities, quote to sale hit‐rate, project status and post‐mortems
• Measurable customer satisfaction in target accounts/markets
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Leverage opportunity for the sales team by building partnerships with vendors, consultants, OEM’s, EPCM’s etc. where these relationships can increase market penetration and expand the Drive Tech offering
• Have a clear understanding of competitors’ activities in this market place and their strengths, weaknesses and sales strategies and to generate effective counter‐strategies
• Work with the management team in establishing market trends, appropriate strategies and product development roadmaps including necessary tools and processes
• Thoroughly understand and follow the standard sales processes and company policies, including respect to exposure of the company to financial risk and adherence to policy and procedures on business ethics
• Ensure all proposals, quotes and sales project files are in accordance with standards, processes and procedures
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting - Managing Director South Africa & Director Sales MEA
Office - office in Johannesburg,
Region - mainly South Africa (but sometimes also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar = Area "Sub Sahara")
- All Sales Activities in South Africa, seldomly in Area "Sub Sahara"
- In the future new sales employees are planned to be recruited in countries listed above
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in SA (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for 1x poultry & 1x laying hens
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Technical knowledge in poultry, experience in agriculture business and sales experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in Afrikaans and also English language skills
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Poultry in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.