Our client is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world and for we are searching a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe for them.
About the Role
The Business Development Coordinator is a dependable team member with a responsibility to deliver the business development and fundraising plan for Zimbabwe Africa. S/he is accountable for the effective research on appropriate funding opportunities and communicating as a key contributor the Zimbabwe business development and fundraising plan.
The Business Development Coordinator is accountable for business environment scanning and funding intelligence. The core purpose of this role is to support a viable model of funding in a proactive and responsive way to meet the strategic ambitions and to ensure that our work is effectively and widely communicated internally and externally. The post-holder and their team will support strategic relationships with donors and other funders, creating a strong profile for the organisation in Zimbabwe that builds credibility and demonstrates technological innovation. As a member of the business development team, s/he will collaborate closely with the Head of Impact and Influence to ensure integration of approaches.
Reporting to: Head of Impact and Influence
Direct reports: TBA
Groups: Fundraising and Communications Working Groups;
Relationships: Business Development Team in Zimbabwe, Funding partners relevant to change ambitions, UK Partnerships and Philanthropy team, UK Marketing and Communications.
Financial scope: Management of allocated annual budget
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Nature of contract: Regular
Travel: Role will involve some local travel and may require global travel
Generating Funding and Managing Relationships– 60%
• Researching potential funding sources and providing expertise relevant to decision-making in funding opportunities.
• Serve as a knowledge repository on donor strategy, priorities and linkages to funding priorities.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for new business relationships with new funding sources including private sectors for flagship products and services.
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence to track relevant opportunities for Zimbabwe and collaborate with other RCOs and the UK.
• Participate in fortnightly business development meetings to update on funding opportunities.
• Support the development of quality proposals by coordinating the inputs of teams in Zimbabwe and UK team.
Achieving Change Ambitions – 5%
• Actively contribute to the development and review of the strategic business plan by updating the donor, partnerships and funding intelligence database.
• Maintain and share an updated record of key relationships aligned with our strategic ambitions.
• Strengthen the coordination and consolidation of business intelligence gathering and sharing.
• Dedicate time for working with UK office.
Strengthening Organisational Profile – 10%
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence, Communications Coordinator and thematic leaders to compile quality thematic profiles for each change ambition for use in marketing of the organization in Zimbabwe.
• Represent the organization internally and externally as delegated by the Head of Impact and Influence.
Leadership, Management and People – 10%
• Foster a culture of collaboration and common ambition.
• Drive your own quarterly BYB conversations with line manager.
• Proactively support the professional growth of team members by offering quality feedback.
• Promote an organisational culture by practicing the diversity, equity and inclusion principles where everyone must feel heard, respected, valued and included.
Delivering Performance – 20%
• Ensure all relevant supporting documents for proposal development are appropriately filed on SharePoint and are readily available for preparation of complete proposal packages.
• Maintain an updated bank of concept notes for future reference.
• Contribute relevant content for the annual review and reporting in liaison with the Head of Impact and Influence and MEL Coordinator.
• Facilitate logging and tracking of project ideas, opportunities and awards in line with the Projects and Awards Management system (PAMS).
To be successful in the role, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years of experience in business development/ fund raising/ resource mobilization for a national or international development organization.
• Demonstrated understanding and skills of reflecting organization’s goals in a proposal succinctly and convincingly.
• Familiar with the development sector and contemporary issues in Southern Africa, especially Zimbabwe and Malawi.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of donor priorities.
• Well organized, attentive to details, and concise.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities.
• Excellent analytical, editing, oral presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work virtually with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft office suite (essential), SharePoint, Teams, Zoom (or willingness to learn immediately).
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences/ Development Communication, Business Administration/ Development studies/Marketing or any related field.
We welcome applications from within and outside Zimbabwe, but candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.