Alistair Group is seeking a strong Leader for our Transport & Forwarding division, our biggest revenue generator and our largest service line. We are looking for a people leader as well as a problem solver and strategist to run this service and grow our business to double its size in record time.
Are you someone who likes to mentor and develop people? Do you want to do things differently?
If this sounds like you, please have a look at the description below, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences and how you brought innovation, growth to a business.
Reports to - Board
Hours - Monday to Friday with alternate Saturday mornings - that said the business runs 24/7
Travel - Minimum of 50% into the region.
Based - Zambia to start with regular travel to Tanzania / Namibia / Mozambique / South Africa.
What you need to have (these are essential for the success of this role):-
- Work experience in a developing country
- Advanced degree: MBA / Equivalent work experience plus degree
- Minimum of 5 years as a senior manager of a transport, freight forwarding or other related technology-driven business
- Successful track record in leading a growing business
What you will be able to do:-
- Manages P&L, annual budget, best practices and subject matter including analysis of costs, competitive trends and technology
- Evaluates the organizational strengths and challenges, driving sales and process improvement through a collaborative, transparent management style
Key objectives include:-
- Identifying and driving opportunities for growth and revenue improvement throughout the regions and implementation of cost and process optimization opportunities.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders internally and with customers within the regions.
- Improving financial and operational performance
- Advocating and implementing standard operating procedures; standardizing workflows across the network, directing an aggressive business development and operating plan.
- Acting as a change agent to instill collaboration, communication, vision and problem-solving capabilities throughout the organization.
- Working in collaboration with the organization to strategically and tactically develop, align and implement sales growth initiatives and operational efficiencies, SOP’s, capabilities and systems to support short and long-term EBITDA improvement, delivery performance, asset effectiveness, supply flexibility and availability all the while improving the company’s bottom line results
- Reducing costs, increasing service levels, and achieving operational excellence as a Best in Class organization
Providing the leadership for continued aggressive growth and building the organization to be the best in the industry.
Are you interested in becoming a Head Transport & Forwarding Division in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.