Established in 1998 Kiboko Safaris Malawi is offering high quality low priced camping, chalets and luxury safaris into all the regions of Malawi and to South Luangwa NP in Zambia. All the safaris are starting and ending in Lilongwe and can be connected together to make the safari of your choice.
Kiboko’s brand new eco-friendly Msandile River Lodge is located at an Ebony Groove overlooking the Luangwa River and the riverbanks of the National Park. The lodge has 9 standard tents, 4 en-suite tents and 5 chalets, all with river view. The main area has a restaurant, bar and swimming pool.
For this beautiful new lodge in Zambia Kiboko is looking for a duo/couple who are willing and able to run it with high quality standards.
The lodge managers are end responsible for running the lodge. They will be living on the premises and are first point of contact for the guests. Main responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times, ensuring guests comfort and safety, entertaining and hosting
- Deal with all enquires in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Checking all areas on a daily basis on cleanliness and if all equipment is present and in perfect condition
- Logistic management
- HR; wages, recruitment, training
- Overseeing construction of staff quarters/laundry
- Managing approximately 25 local staff members
Main thing is to keep the customers satisfied whilst running all other work at the same time. A challenging job!
- Language: English and preferable other languages
- Available from April 2020
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Leadership skills
- Comfortable working 7 days a week (beside vacations)
- Able to live in a remote area
- Experience: Hospitality, tourism, leadership skills, people manager,
- Building and maintenance capacity recommended
- Others: Driver’s license
- Experience working in Africa would be an added advantage
- First Aid training (beneficial)
Somebody that wants to work in a different environment with a lot of patience - good communication skills – authority – a lot of energy - who is flexible and willing to make long days.
Terms of employment:
- Food and accommodation
- Compensation fee: 500 USD p.p.p.m. first 3 months. After 3 months 750 USD p.p.p.m.
- Work permit after 6 months in mutual consent
Are you interested in becoming a Lodge Managemer in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.