For one of East and Southern Africa’s fastest growing logistical service companies we are seeking a Country Lead in Zambia.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Serving as the person in charge of Zambia site personnel for supporting the Service Line Heads and the Support Function Heads.
• Managing the daily operations for the company in Zambia.
• Winning profitable business, converting and prospecting both inside Zambia and outside.
• Develop processes to make sure off the effective rollout of multiple depots in the country and drive expansion plans for Zambia, .
• Being the face of the company for both clients and government in Zambia.
• Making sure that management systems in the country are in order to meet the objectives of the organization and to make sure the staff can carry out their work efficiently and effectively.
• Making sure that the staff understand their roles and responsibilities and that they are held directly accountable for their work, achieve the highest possible standards and are appraised regularly.
• The Country Lead is responsible for all aspects of the operations in the country including the implementation and evaluation of campaigns, policies, marketing, financial, logistics, administrative programs and communications.
• Make a contribution to developping a long term strategy and making plans for the organization regarding the core values and objectives.
• Making sure that the organization fulfils all its regulatory responsibilities and legal statutory in the country.
• Making sure the office in Zambia is financially healthy and also implement the right auditing and financial systems.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA, University Graduate or similar degree, qualification
• Min. 10 years demonstrated working experience. Of which five should be at senior management level.
• Strong organizational and management skills, including being comfortable in delegating responsibility and authority.
• Strong financial background with full understanding of P&L management and budgeting.
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, including ability to successfully build and lead a team, make the proper decisions, communicate a vision, manage conflicts and solve problems.
• A strong track record of developing people and proven people management skills in a multi-cultural environment.
• Management skills that motivate staff and support team building, demonstrated Leadership.
• Being able to work under pressure, handle a large workload, work independently and with limited supervision.
• Experience with working in fast changing environments.
• Problem solving and decision making skills.
• Background in logistics is a plus.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Lead in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.