The Security Manager is a senior professional employee who is responsible for protecting the company’s assets from both external and internal threats. He will be reporting to both the CEO and the Head Operations, and must be able to work independently to ensure robust security measures are in place. He will be based at Lake Kariba, but will travel occasionally throughout Zambia.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate security threats and prioritize effective mitigation measures
- Develop and enforce key policies and SOPs
- Training, scheduling, and supervision of security guard corps
- Oversee external security where applicable
- Cultivate productive relationships with police, communities, etc.
- Utilize analytics to identify parts of the business which may be compromised
- Identify technological solutions, present business case to senior management, and implement if approved
- Lead investigations
- Undertake any further actions required to protect key company assets
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, energetic professional with significant experience in the security industry. He should have experience within a formal corporate security environment, in which a structured approach was utilized to minimize losses. He should have experience managing people, applying technological solutions, and creatively finding ways to eliminate threats. He must have a mind-set that no one will be evade his system, must be able to motivate his time to support that goal, and must be able to work cooperatively with managers of other divisions within the company. A strong candidate should have at least 5 yrs. experience in a Security Management role, and should have had considerable responsibility while working in a senior role at another company with vulnerable physical assets.
A competitive package is offered for the right candidate, depending on experience.
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Are you interested in becoming a Security Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.