The Kazala Farm team (Trading as Mokorro Hotel) is currently looking for a candidate to fill the position for: Farm Manager
The position involves overseeing all farm operations, such as planting, irrigation, crop maintenance, harvesting, and equipment operation and maintenance. The job also entails developing and implementing long-term plans for the farm while collaborating with the owner and managing a team of farm workers.
The farm manager must maintain accurate records of all farm activities, purchase necessary supplies and materials while staying within budget, negotiate contracts with vendors, handle customer inquiries and complaints professionally, and comply with regulations related to farming activities. The manager must also stay up-to-date with new developments in the field of agriculture and incorporate innovative techniques into farm operations.
- The candidate must have vast experience in dairy and beef animals, must be able to administer drugs and record all cattle births and feeding programs
- The candidate should have a diploma in agriculture, business, or a related field, 3-5 years of experience in a Farm Management or similar role, and a proven track record of successful crop production
- Ability to control & save costs
- Basic knowledge on civil works
- Experience in Human Resource Management
- Able to supervise a large number of workforces
- The candidate must possess a strong understanding of agricultural best practices, including irrigation, fertilization, and pest control
- Reporting to the Managing Director or Designee
- Minimum knowledge in statutory obligations
- Operate farm equipment of various types e.g. Tractor, Disc Plough
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent computer skills
Zambians & Expatriates are free to apply.
Please forward your application, with complete CV and contact details of two non-related references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 30th April 2023.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.