For one of our clients; a leading breeder of vegetables and flowers (Headquartered in The Netherlands) we are seeking an Account & Trial Manager.
Across multiple countries our client manages breeding stations, production sites and sales offices contributing to the supply and promotion of a wide assortment of vegetables and flower varieties to professional growers and to the home garden market. Driven by their corporate philosophy, they are committed to create, produce and supply high value varieties and excellent service.
They pride themselves in delivering what they promise in accordance with their core values, comprising of Quality, Reliability, Innovation and Respect. They believe that their people, with their expertise, enthusiasm and team spirit, are the foundation of their success. In this role, you are given the opportunity to work in a professional environment with a high level of autonomy, where initiatives are being encouraged and results are being rewarded.
You will be responsible for generating revenue from allocated customers and you are responsible for timely coordination, execution and evaluation of experimental and commercial trials at key growers in the mentioned areas and contribute to the positioning of new bred varieties in the market. We are looking for candidates who have knowledge of a product portfolio list to guarantee the necessary innovation, quality and quantity of our products, to ultimately optimize our long-term sales and profits targets.
Responsibilities as Account Manager:
* Generating turnover within customer portfolio
* Expanding the network of distributors in challenging markets
* Maintain and optimize relationships and network with current customers, prospects and growers
* Realise proposed budgets and monitor expense budgets and progress
* Summarise opportunities, threats, competition, market potential and laws
* Specify commercial opportunities to be able to respond to these developments and needs.
* Develop and manage product specialisation
* Connect the assigned product assortment to market/customer needs
* Position assortment and experimental varieties in the market
* Advise on cultivation, new varieties, screening tests, sales analyses and forecasts
Responsibilities as Trial Manager:
* Receive varieties from responsible Portfolio or Product Manager and determine the test design (where, when, varieties for comparison)
* Organize sowing, planting and crop care of those trials of experimental - and commercial varieties at key growers, cooperatives and institutes in the key production areas
* Make use of the Product Management tool for trial setup and evaluations
* Supporting the growers with technical advice on the key crops and advice on the right positioning of varieties for the market
We are looking for a candidate with:
* A bachelor’s degree in plant science, Horticulture or in business related studies such as International Agribusiness & Trade, business economics, business administration, commercial economics, etc.
* An interest to travel a minimum of 60% of working hours (domestic and foreign travel) and therefore irregular working hours.
* 3+ years' experience in a similar commercial position, affinity with cultivation techniques of the key crops, know-how to setting up trials.
* Good verbal and written command of both English and French
* International experience
* Strong communication skills, including empathic power.
* A customer oriented & Results driven personality
Are you interested in becoming the Account & Trial Manager for our client in Western Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.