We are seeking a VP of Talent Management for our client myAgro, an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. They have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Their North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Role:
The VP of Talent Management will become an integral part of the People Operations team, and will be responsible for building the global talent management infrastructure across myAgro. Collaborating with departments, country offices, and global leadership, the position is responsible for the design and implementation of myAgro’s global talent management strategy, programs and processes, such as: talent acquisition, leadership development, training and learning (including performance management), and organizational culture.
- You have a nose for Finding Talent. You drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we are poised to hire top candidates at all levels
- You Invest in People. You love this stuff. You wake up every day thinking about learning and helping team members be their best at work.
- You are a Doer. You are someone who loves to build, and who isn't afraid to use both hands in the process.
- You and your team not only enjoy creating a talent strategy, but love to implement and execute the strategy so you can see the results.
- You are a People-Person! You understand and emphasize that our people are our greatest asset.
- You believe strongly in positive employee relations and experience, team member engagement, and organizational culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive workforce planning and forecasting; leverage data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans.
- Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business.
- Build succession plans for key roles throughout the organization.
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities.
- Talent Acquisition
Lead and direct a resourceful, proactive, and solution-oriented recruiting department.
- Guide the team to execute against objectives and adjust to shifting organizational priorities.
- Provide guidance, share knowledge, create and facilitate training for best recruitment practices.
- Give feedback and coaching to develop and scale the talent acquisition team for growth and global reach.
- Onboarding and Talent Development
Design and orchestrate orientation programs and organize broader team support to enable new team members to ramp up quickly.
- Manage on-going professional and leadership development programs within the organization.
- Review gaps in leadership capability across departments and develop action plans accordingly.
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees and their team leaders.
- Employee Engagement and Culture
Champion our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts across all teams to educate, promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging.
- Develop employee retention programs and team-building activities
- Compensation and Benefits
Evaluate and improve myAgro’s total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy; help educate on pay practice.
- Craft policies that support internal promotions.
- Develop comprehensive benefits programs that ensure team member satisfaction.
- You have experience leading Global Talent Resourcing in multiple countries.
- 6+ years experience in talent management and/or development, including a focus on leadership development.
- Ability to wrap an employee-centric, holistic narrative around your work, galvanising people around simple, memorable communications.
- Ability to build relationships based on empathy, and have people look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Know your stuff, especially when it comes to the needs of the modern learners as consumers of information and current trends impacting talent development.
- You have a proven track record of designing, implementing, and measuring innovative, high-impact learning solutions
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and data without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You have experience working globally (Africa experience preferred)
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.