Position: Regional Agronomist West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Ivory Coast and Ghana, based in Ivory Coast.
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa Chemical and Commodities
Our client, in sustainable supply chain, is seeking a techno-commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up the agronomy department across West Africa. This role will correspond with the various business heads such as Crop Doctor.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with practical agronomy experience of either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or have dealt with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. He/ She will have to demonstrate techno-commercial knowledge to be able not just improve agronomic interventions in our business but also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of Crop Doctor Products from the Ecom stable. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to Ecom businesses in WAF and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Introducing current innovations in Agriculture worldwide into our businesses in WAF;
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other Ecom group businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Post graduate in agriculture or Agronomy
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in practical Techno- Commercial Agronomy.
Knowledge of the rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products, plantation management
Excellent technical agronomic skills
Ability to interpret strategy into implementation
Good commercial knowledge
Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills
Excellent research and analytical skills
Innovation and strategic thinking ability
Excellent technical agronomy skills
Ability to work independently and within team
Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
Fluency in English and bi-lingual capability in French
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
Ability to live in rural environments
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.