For one of our west African operations , we are looking for a:
Finance Manager (based in Africa)
This role is responsible for all finance related and matters, including but not limited to, coaching the local accounting team (3-4 people), finance procedures and internal control, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and statutory and tax compliance.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Tradin CFO, based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and works closely together with the financial controlling team in Amsterdam. Indirectly the Finance Manager reports to the Country Manager and is part of the management team.
• Responsible for (cost price) calculations, controlling the income, costs and other expenses, daily financial (cash) management and regular inventory checking’s (both fixed assets and stocks)
• Setting up an accurate and transparent financial reporting and budgeting / cash flow forecasting system
• Responsible for multiple financial and compliance activities relating to company payroll & pensions functions. (This concerns timely and accurate processing and reporting of payroll & pensions data for the company employees.)
• Executing the financial US GAAP reporting towards Dutch headquarters
• Comply with local statutory requirements, such as local statutory financial statements, tax return, etc.
• Analyze costs and expenses based on financial and processing data. Identify cost bottlenecks and present these to management team
• Comparing and analyzing budgeted results and actual monthly results and discuss deviations with management team to support the business
• Responsible for VAT refund procedures and keep the management team informed about results and possible future regulation changes
• Tracing and staying up-to-date about national financial laws, import/export regulations and keep financial department informed
• Contact person for auditors and tax advisors
• Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent proficiency in both written and verbal English
• Experience in an international organization
• A track record and proven ability to coach, train and improve an accounting team
• Ability to operate in developing countries
• Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, conflict management and team player
• Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to his or her work
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
The conditions of employment we offer:
• A fulltime position
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• An informal and professional company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude
Acquisition regarding our vacancies is not appreciated
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.