Position Description – Chief Executive Officer
Company Profile: The company is a US-based firm that builds software applications mainly for government customers, with a focus on data analytics. Headcount is 40; sales/marketing personnel are based in its US headquarters, and software development personnel are based in the Middle East. The company is backed by several venture capital funds.
Position Profile: The Chief Executive Officer leads the company’s senior management team, drives its corporate strategy, leads VC fundraising, and builds high-level relationships with investors and key partners. Specific responsibilities include:
• Leading the development of overall corporate culture and long-term business strategy.
• Leading the creation and implementation of the company’s annual strategic plan and operating budget.
• Developing new market entry/growth strategies and driving their execution across all corporate divisions.
Business Development/Public Relations
• Leading the sourcing and capture of high-level new business leads.
• Serving as the primary spokesperson for the company, and its main representative at industry events.
• Identifying new sources of equity/debt funding, building relationships with targets, and closing funding deals.
• Leading investor relations activities; serving as primary contact point for investors and high-level corporate partners.
• Working with the CFO to prepare annual budgets, risk analyses, growth forecasts, and profit optimization plans.
• Leading senior staff in ongoing monitoring, analysis and optimization of business unit performance, building on key KPIs and profit & revenue targets.
• Working with the CFO to implement annual audit activities in relevant jurisdictions.
• Leading, mentoring and motivating senior staff: Developing performance metrics/KPIs, providing ongoing coaching, and supporting professional development of staff members.
• Identifying skill/talent gaps at the senior management level, and leading recruitment for senior staff positions.
Required Skills & Experience
• 7+ years in a senior business role at a software company, including experience dealing with offshore operations
• Emerging market experience preferred, with a special preference for experience in the Middle East.
• Graduate degree in relevant field (MBA preferred).
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
• Familiarity with diverse business functions—from marketing, to PR, to finance.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
• An entrepreneurial personality with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
• Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
This role is for someone that has residency or work permit for either location.