ITD Finance and Human Capital Management (ITD FH) Unit of the IT Department is seeking a contractual Platform Owner who will serve as part of the ITD end-to-end delivery team. The team is responsible for providing IT support and software delivery for the Fund’s business capabilities of human capital management, financial management and capacity development domains, and the selected candidate will have opportunity to work in all these areas.
In addition, the selected candidate will:
Provide sustained support for assigned platform(s) and ensure proper functioning of existing systems.
Translate business strategies, opportunities, threats and needs into ITD product and technology roadmaps that can be delivered incrementally to ITD consumers as rapidly as possible.
Identify software requirements and works with development team to build solutions that satisfy business needs.
Deliver projects and application enhancements to the assigned platform(s).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads the sustain support of assigned Platform (and related systems) by handling incidents, requests, problems, and enhancements.
2. Facilitates development of platform solutions that combines knowledge of business processes, platforms, and general technologies.
3. Works collaboratively with architects, subject matter experts and platform family owners to facilitate the construction of system/platform models.
4. Analyzes, documents, and tests platform development, logic, process flows and specifications.
5. Shares knowledge with colleagues in various organizations (business and ITD) to drive understanding of business and platform needs and identifies solutions that align with customer objectives and IT strategy.
6. Collaborates with stakeholders involved in strategy and innovation to develop an ITD platform investment roadmap.
7. Engages key business stakeholders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning.
8. Partners with business and technology colleagues to elicit, analyze, translate, and document technical requirements, pain points or opportunities into ITD requirements.
9. Partners with Business Analysts, Technical Architects and related stakeholders to conduct paper-based design, solutioning sessions, and MVP testing throughout the project lifecycle.
10. Compiles swim lane diagrams, data flow diagrams. Helps with developing logical and physical data models and system/platform integration diagrams.
11. Assesses near-term needs, using structured interview processes and consumer research methods to understand opportunities and help establish business priorities.
12. Consults with other IT counterparts and proposes alternative solutions. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on business processes and product priorities.
13. Collaborates with Platform Family Owners to remain apprised of technical strategy, status, and progress. Conversely, keeps platform owners aware of key platform-relevant customer issues and helps identify and resolve potential problems and conflicts.
14. Consults with product-facing program teams and maintains knowledge of their progress.
15. Leads technical implementation of new systems and applications to ensure conformance to specifications.
16. Leads technical solutioning and problem-solving during system and platform implementation.
17. Documents user manuals.
18. Provides support in troubleshooting data issues during and integration issues from and to the supported systems.
19. Ensures solutions are implemented in adherence to IMF Security, Enterprise Architecture, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Change Management and application development guidelines.
20. Consistently produces clear and concise status reports to the service delivery manager.
21. Prepares technical design document for each extraction elements. Designs, develops and validates extraction SQRs/Queries.
22. Keep the systems up-to-date and secure by conducting and supporting required upgrades, patches etc...
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field of study or equivalent, plus a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience; or a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field of study plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, is required.
Comprehensive understanding of information technology and systems engineering concepts.
Expertise in enhancing and maintaining applications for HR and Budget Planning services.
In-depth technical knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM as well as PeopleTools and Workday.
In-depth knowledge of writing SQRs, PS Queries and scripts and Knowledge of data stage is a must.
Expertise in PeopleSoft techno-functional consulting services by acting as subject matter expert in the following modules – Core HR, Time & Labor, Vendor payment, and Project Costing.
Knowledge of IMF HR policies, benefits and compensations implementation preferred.
Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft application engine, component interface and integration broker.
Advanced programming skills in SQR and XML Reports. Advanced data analysis skills, using SQL query tools to develop information mappings, conversion requirements and application data models.
Strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and conceptual skills.
Deep knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation methodology, IT service management, IT change management, all phases of SDLC.
Experience with data conversion work for migrating data from on-premise PeopleSoft system to cloud systems preferably Workday.
Experience in building and supporting applications in a PaaS and SaaS model.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
Ability to work independently and drive deliverables to completion.
Experience with implementation of cloud technologies such as Workday, Microsoft Azure etc. is highly desirable
High degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility as well as solution-oriented approach.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent's performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.