The IT Department of the Fund is looking to hire an Associate Project Portfolio Officer in the Project Management Office (PMO). The Associate Project Portfolio Officer will be responsible for assisting the Project Portfolio Officer in tracking the status of project/program deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; coordinating program level risk and issues; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; and understanding regular project and program level reporting including performance against budget, schedule, and scope.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Governance & Control
1. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in implementing governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of program deliverables.
2. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in managing the program level Lessons Learned repository; attends Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learned repository.
Planning, Reporting, & Control
3. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in developing the IT Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, QA Team, Development Team, and Service Implementation Lead to ensure that the standards meet best practice.
4. Assists the Project Portfolio Officers in building up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers, and use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice.
5. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in implementing project standards across all projects in the portfolio.
6. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in updating and administering the program plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the outcomes of meetings and workshops.
7. Prepares consolidated material from project reports for monthly review.
8. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in developing the IT Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, QA Team, Development Team, and Service Implementation Lead to ensure that the standards meet best practice.
9. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in managing the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realization is tracked.
10. Assists the Project Portfolio Officer in supporting the implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects.
11. Provides effective management and reporting support to project teams on small or medium sized projects.
12. Monitors and reports on progress of the project to required stakeholders.
13. Monitors projects against time, budget, and quality standards.
14. Manages project data repositories as required.
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, is required.
Additionally, below qualifications are preferred:
Experience in a medium to large corporate organization
International Financial Institution (IFI) experience
Previous experience managing projects, or exposure to the end-to-end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
Knowledge of PM methodologies
Certifications in PMP, Lean Six Sigma or Agile/SCRUM
This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules that took effect on May 1, 2015.