Our client is the leading distributor of alcoholic beverages in the Gulf Region and we are recruiting a Wine Sales Executive for them.
Wine Sales Executive: Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to actively support the company’s mission to be the leading alcoholic beverage distributor, and retailer in the UAE, through focus on the wine category and key brands within the company’s wine portfolio.
The role will add value to the business by bringing focus to selling and marketing activities for the Wine portfolio. The role will work closely with the Sales team to grow the Wine market share and grow revenue in in the On - Trade Channel in Dubai. The role will also work closely with the Wine Marketing team to build brand equity for these brands through appropriate trade marketing strategies. With the large number of sku’s and brands in the Wine Portfolio, a key challenge will be to create and implement the company’s sales strategies, that deliver target volumes, share and margins for the brands and to ensure that customer service standards – both to external trade customers as well as the Principal - are at the highest levels.
Dimensions of the Job (Turnover, span of control etc ……)
The financial dimensions of this role are as outlined in the annual business plan and based on the budgeted volumes, sales revenue and market share for the Wine category. This role will not have any direct people management responsibility but will work very closely with the On trade team to ensure that deliverables are achieved.
Deliverables of the role (Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities)
1. Create an annual Sales Plan for the agreed key brands within the wine portfolio for each business channel.
2. Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies for the brands for each individual account working in close coordination with the Sales team in order to achieve targeted profits, sales turnover and customer service levels.
3. Informing the account of all new product launches in a timely manner and work actively towards maximising product listings in the outlets.
4. Identify and research new customers together with the Wine Manager and the Sales team. Agreeing on sales and consumer activity plans for each new account.
5. Together with the Sales team for the respective account, work towards increasing knowledge of the wines in the trade by conducting staff training programs.
6. Take responsibility for ensuring that special orders for any wines are depleted as per the agreed terms and conditions.
7. Provide specialist knowledge on a continuous basis to the Sales force and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
8. Together with the Sales team , analyze the sales trends across Trade Accounts and develop appropriate strategies and plans to maximize sales by addressing opportunities and issues on a timely basis.
Implementation of Marketing Plans
9. Liaise with the Wine Marketing Manager and provide input into developing appropriate marketing strategies for various market segments.
10. Conduct “wine tasting” events and other related wine promotional events in order to promote the company’s range of wines in the market.
11. In co - ordination with the Wine Marketing Manager, implement the On - trade marketing plans as per the agreed marketing and brand growth plans and the agreed promotional calendar.
12. Analyze wine sales on a regular basis, prepare and present action plans to the Sales team.
13. Act as the liaison point for the logistics team regarding s tock issues and other logistics related issues which may arise.
14. Represent the company at on - trade and sponsored events.
15. Ensure all sales is done as per the laws of the land and as per established guidelines.
16. Completely understand, respect and function within the team he/ she operate, so that complete alignment with the organizational goals is achieved.
17. Provide training on a continuous basis to the sales force ( On Trade and Retail) and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
18. Provide specialist support to the retail business (Staff and Customers) as and when needed.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the attributes described below:
Skills required for the position
§ Ability to build relationships, particularly with people in the trade.
§ Ability to excel in service focused culture
§ Communicating and influencing skills.
§ Decision - making skills.
§ Excellent verbal and written skills.
§ Planning and Organising skills
§ Problem Solving and Analytical Skills.
§ Strong achievement orientation together with a passion for the business . Desire and ability to achieve business results is critical.
§ Commercial awareness with good numeric ability
§ Persuasive communication skills, written and spoken
§ Team player
• Wine enthusiast with some specialist knowledge, preferably with the WSET basic course
• Good track record with 3 - 5 years of operational sales experience in wine sales
• Experience in sales training and/or giving group presentations
• Ability to become a confident brand and sales ambassador
• Good PC skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Abu Dhabi/ Dubai
Are you interested in becoming a Wine Sales Executive in UAE? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.