AGIAMONDO e.V. is the human resources service of German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer specialists the opportunity to perform a meaningful role in collaboration with local development workers. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It advocates a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil-social partner organisations in Uganda, AGIAMONDO aims to contribute to civil conflict transformation and sustainable and equitable development of the country using peace-building measures.
For the reinforcement of our partner organisation Acholi Religious Leader for Peace Initiative (ARLPI), at the earliest opportunity, we are looking for a Trainer for Peace Work in the Area of Land and Resource Conflicts (m/f/d), Gulu, Uganda
Your new field of activity
ARLPI is an initiative of representatives of different faiths who are working together towards a peaceful future in Northern Uganda. The Interfaith Organization for Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation was founded in 1997 and has since been committed to peaceful coexistence.
In Northern Uganda, there are numerous land and resource conflicts due to the post-war situation, the discovery of resources and ethnic tensions, some of which escalate into violence. ARLPI wants to make a sustainable contribution to the peaceful resolution of existing conflicts over land and resources. Your role lies in strengthening ARLPI's capacities to educate people about their rights and contribute to non-violent mediation in conflicts.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
• You conduct conflict analyses and strengthen the capacities of your colleagues through targeted awareness raising and knowledge transfer on land and resource conflicts.
• Together with ARLPI, you plan, design and organise workshops on land and resource conflicts in order to promote mutual understanding and reconciliation among the population.
• You establish sustainable knowledge management on the topic of land rights which is made available to the target group.
• You support ARLPI with the identification and implementation of strategies for non-violent processing of land conflicts in rural areas.
• You are responsible for the proper spending and administration of funds on-site in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of AGIAMONDO. In doing so, you work in partnership with the ARLPI.
• You have completed university degree, e.g. in peace and conflict studies, political science, geography, ethnology, social sciences or law and have gathered work experience abroad, outside of Europe.
• You have gathered professional experience related to land rights and land and resource conflicts. Ideally, you have previously developed and implemented training concepts in this field.
• You have knowledge of and experience in peace work and are familiar with approaches and methods of peace-oriented adult education.
• As a member of a Christian church, you identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work and support these convincingly.
• You can communicate fluently in written and spoken English and are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
The offer of AGIAMONDO
• Individual and thorough preparation
• A three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application by 08.11.2020 at the latest.
Are you interested in becoming a Trainer for Peace Work in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.