Trainer for Conflict Transformation & Mediation of Land Conflicts (m/f/d), Soroti, Uganda
AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Working with church-related and civil-social partner organisations in Uganda, AGIAMONDO aims to make a contribution towards civil conflict management and the sustainable and equitable development of the country through peace-building measures.
In order to strengthen our partner organization Teso Religious Leaders' Efforts for Peace and Reconciliation (TERELEPAR) we are looking for a Trainer for Conflict Transformation & Mediation of Land Conflicts (m/f/d), Soroti, Uganda
Your new role
TERELEPAR was founded in 2001 by religious leaders of different faith communities in the then Teso region to contribute to peacekeeping in the region and to promote peaceful coexistence. TERELEPAR educates people about their rights in the area of land use and ownership and tries to contribute to non-violent mediation in acute cases of land expropriation and conflict. The partner organization aims to strengthen capacities for nonviolent management of land conflicts and to build appropriate spaces for dialogue that facilitate a shift in thinking toward nonviolence and create pathways for reconciliation. Through the organization's network, there are many opportunities for exchange and cooperation with other peace actors.
Conflicts in Uganda are often related to pastoralist lifestyles of the people. Cattle rustling among neighboring peoples and disputes over land use and ownership are among the most pressing causes of conflict. You will support the partner organization in developing non-violent solutions and train local multipliers in civil conflict management and non-violent communication.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will advise TERELEPAR on setting up a mediation center and support concept development and implementation.
- You will strengthen networking with local organizations and donors in order to generate financial resources.
- You are the contact person for peacebuilding capacity building for TERELEPAR.
- You will support the partner organization in identifying and implementing strategies on land conflicts.
- You will be responsible for the proper spending and management of funds in the field according to donor guidelines and AGIAMONDO requirements. In doing so, you will work in partnership with TERELEPAR.
- You have a university degree in peace and conflict studies, political science or a related field.
- You have experience in mediation and/or knowledge of peacebuilding methods and are able to communicate these well.
- You have already gained professional experience in non-European countries, preferably in Africa.
- You have very good English language skills.
- A driver's license and driving experience are mandatory.
- You are an EU citizen or Swiss citizen and, as a member of a Christian church, you convincingly support the goals and concerns of church development and peace work.
What AGIAMONDO offer
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by 16/10/2022.
Are you interested in becoming a Trainer for Conflict Transformation in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.