Product Manager - Remote or Onsite
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Nairobi, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
We are seeking a Product Manager for our Mobile Applications and internal products (Portal). The role will give you the opportunity to scope out new features, propose solutions, manage delivery of new product features and measure impact. You will have the opportunity to work across our different product verticals including Ride hailing Package delivery, Food & Shop deliveries and digital payments. The ideal candidate has experience in product management but is more importantly a self starter, curious and passionate about developing a world class product.
You should be:
- 2- 3 years experience in product management, customer experience management, business analysis or software engineering. Desirable to have experience in Mobile Apps or in the Ride hailing, Food delivery or Digital Wallets industry.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Be highly proactive ability to move fast, learn, innovate and find creative solutions
- Be an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work with different teams and different users. Our suite of products are used by boda drivers, passengers, business users, vendors and more / You must be excited to work with all.
- Strong communicator . You should be able to explain complex problems and processes in the most simple way. You should be able to vary your style depending on whether you’re talking with the business, with boda drives or with engineering.
- Data driven - obsessed with using data to understand how the Product is being used and the impact it is having. Always using data to justify product related decisions.. Experience using CleverTap is desirable.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Fluent in English.
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport & lunch if you are based in Nairobi, Kampala or Ibadan!
- Remote working
Role based in Kampala, Nairobi or remote.
- Becoming an expert in an area of the business , understanding its goals, performance, problems and customers.
- Scoping out new features in the Mobile Apps or Portal, understanding what problem we’re solving for and the size of the problem
- Proposing solutions for new features and working with Product Design and Engineering teams to do so.
- Becoming the bridge between the customer and business side and our engineering team
- Writing world class Product Requirements documentations including user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases.
- Project managing the delivery of new features, ensuring that Engineering, Design and the business are all involved at the right stages.
- Gathering insights on adoption, impact and usage of our product. Developing dashboards and tools to do this!
- Build an understanding of both the global and the local market product usage and needs
- Understanding fully the customer experience - this could be through running surveys, focus groups, using analytics software or running analysis.
- Ensuring the CPO has all the data, context and information to make the right prioritization decision for the Product Roadmap.
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Are you interested in becoming a Product Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.