To support our partner organisation Facilitation for Peace and Development (FAPAD), at the earliest opportunity, we are looking for a Trainer for Peace Promotion in the Area of Land Conflicts (m/f/d), Lira, Uganda.
Your new field of activity
In the Lango region of Uganda, the number of conflicts over access to and use of land is rising, some of which are degenerating into violence. 75% of all cases in the Lira District Court are related to land conflicts. The causes of conflict include: A lack of clarity about land ownership rights, rising population numbers and the economic importance of land.
Since 2004, FAPAD has been working as a non-governmental organisation at grassroots level in Northern Uganda to promote human rights, the rule of law and sustainable livelihoods. To this end, it conducts programmes in the individual districts of the Lango Region and makes a significant contribution to peace-building. One of its goals is to help people resolve their conflicts peacefully together.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
• You train the employees and multipliers of FAPAD in method of non-violent conflict processing and the application of such.
• You conduct training and events on the topic of land conflicts and ethnic conflicts for the target groups and multipliers in order to promote a common understanding and reconciliation of the population.
• You support the partner organisation in the continual improvement of the measures for mediating land conflicts and ethnic conflicts.
• You support the partner organisation in its advocacy work in the area of land rights.
• You are responsible for the proper spending and administration of funds on-site in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of AGIAMONDO. In doing so, you work in partnership with the FAPAD.
• You have completed a university degree in peace and conflict studies, political science, geography, ethnology, social sciences, law or a related area.
• You have gathered professional experience in the area of peace promotion, ideally with regard to land rights and have previously worked abroad, outside of Europe.
• You are familiar with approaches and methods of peace-oriented adult education.
• As a member of a Christian church, you identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work and support these convincingly.
• You can communicate fluently in written and spoken English and are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
The offer of AGIAMONDO
• Individual and thorough preparation
• A three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
Are you interested in becoming a Trainer for Peace Promotion in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.