We are looking for an experienced and energetic management couple to lead our team of 30 staff and ensure all aspects of the lodge are running well and that guests are very satisfied with their experience at Rwakobo Rock. This role suits people who want to live in a natural and remote environment.
Preferable starting date is October 2018.
Please send CVs and cover letters to email@example.com
- Experience in African tourism industry
- A second Language is a big asset (Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian, French or Luganda would be more useful)
- Experience working in Uganda or E. Africa
- Knowledge and passion of E. African wildlife
- Knowledge of mountain biking would be useful
The below are a guideline of responsibilities but managers would be expected to be flexible and willing to work outside the scope of work.
- Recruiting & Training Staff, managing staff salaries and time off
- Management finances, on a daily and monthly basis
- Stock control and weekly purchases for restaurant, housekeeping and bar systems
- Maintenance issues –ensuring the lodge remains in a good and workable condition and fixing problems when they occur.
- Overseeing reservations operations- good email and telephone communication
- Overseeing minor construction/developmental works to lodge.
- Ensuring visitors are constantly impressed with all elements of our service.
- Marketing and Sales – updating social media sites on a weekly basis
- Developing a community and conservation programme as part of the CSR
A Typical Day
- An early start to check guests activities run smoothly
- Helping to check out guests
- Doing some administration (taking reservations, clearing cash float, checking tip box, entering data into computer)
- Quality control checks in rooms/kitchen
- Small maintenance jobs (with plumbing or solar)
- Welcoming guests to lodge
- Checking supplies and organizing a shopping trip (with our drivers)
- Paying some staff members or payments for local deliveries
- Chatting to guests in evening
Remuneration and Package
Salary – 1,000 USD per person net per month, will contribute to NSSF saving scheme as well and get work visa.
Leave - 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Benefits – Accommodation on site provided, food provided, laundry provided, use of lodge vehicles included.
Start Date – Oct 1 2018 – Dec 1 2018
People will get to live in a wonderful location, Uganda is an amazing and diverse country to explore. There is also scope in the future to develop a more active role in conservation surrounding the park and community empowerment. Being a remote lodge, the candidates can expect to enhance numerous skills. Managing the smooth operation of staff and services and ensuring the happiness of clients can be a challenge. Work is seasonal and managers should commit to work during busy periods. They will be willing to work closely with the directors.
Are you interested in becoming a Management Couple in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.