FirstWave Group is Africa’s leading aquaculture firm and holds a dual commercial and social mandate. The company operates in the aquafeed manufacturing, aquaculture production, distribution and retail sectors. Group companies include Yalelo (Zambia), Yalelo (Uganda), Aller Aqua Zambia, and Horizon Aquaculture.
Yalelo Uganda is a new FirstWave Group company currently establishing a 15,000 tonne per year tilapia aquaculture production, processing and distribution facility. The project development phase is overseen by the Group Projects Director. Production operations are scheduled to commence in mid-2019.
FirstWave is seeking a Chief Executive Officer for Yalelo Uganda to lead all aspects of the firm’s operations. The CEO will work closely with the Board and FirstWave senior leadership team to meet operational, financial, social and strategic goals. This hands-on role provides a unique opportunity to build a ‘national champion’ providing food security in a high-growing African market.
- Attract and lead a high-performance team of senior managers
- Oversee the establishment of all business functions and operating protocols with reference to FirstWave standards
- Oversight of all business activities, including production, distribution & retail, financial management and external stakeholder management
- Deliver planned financial and operational results within a changing environment
Reporting Structure: The Yalelo Uganda CEO will report to the Group CEO and will work closely with other senior Group executives
Start Date: Q2 2019
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Period: Renewable three-year contract
• Demonstrated success as CEO or senior management in comparable markets
• Experience with East Africa, FMCG and high growth companies preferable
• MBA and/or blue-chip international experience preferable
• Systematic and data-driven approach to management
• Able to lead, coach and inspire a quickly growing team and guide company culture with maturity and sensitivity
• Demonstrated success in implementing international best practice business systems
• Good knowledge of corporate finance
• Comfort with new technologies and systems preferable
• Knowledge of aquaculture is not required
Please provide a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 28th February 2019, using “Yalelo Uganda - CEO” as the Subject line.