Our partner is an impact focused organization in Uganda funded by a group of Dutch companies. Their primary goal is creating jobs and thereby supporting the local economy. They do so by running a forestry project with a yet-to-be-built processing factory. The project is in Luwero at a one-hour drive from Kampala.
Our partner is looking for a general manager with an entrepreneurial mentality to lead the forestry project and the set-up of their processing factory.
As a general manager you will be overall responsible for the projects and the organizations activities in Uganda. Being the ‘boots on the ground’ you will be the link between the organization in the Netherlands and Uganda. With your management skills and entrepreneurial mindset, you will lead and guide the team and make sure the goals are realized.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the timber plantation.
- Responsible for setting up the timber processing factory.
- promoting our partner's vision in generating impact
- The management of 3 direct reports and depending on the season 20 to 100 indirect reports
- Experience in managing a related organization in Africa
- 10+ years of working experience
- Technical knowledge and affinity
- Entrepreneurial mindset and excellent communication skills
- A hands-on mentality combined with organizational skills
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and renumeration package. Besides the package you will contribute to the development of the Luwero area and work for an international organization.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager Forestry? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.