Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Director heads the Commercial Department which is responsible for the promotion and sales of all the Company’s products and growing the brand of the company.
The Commercial Director is required to have and demonstrate at all times these key characteristics:
1. Drive volume and sales growth in the current markets of focus and expansion into new markets
2. Lead, support and oversee the Agri (Animal Feed and Poultry) and Consumer goods (Dressed Chicken) sales team to ensure they achieve the goals and objectives (hard and soft)
3. Plan and execute an effective and efficient marketing campaign and Route to Market strategy in order to significantly grow the market share in both the Agri and Consumer Goods sectors
4. Maintain excellent customer relations and market intelligence (both at consumer and competitor level)
5. Build strong sales teams and be a valued member of the Executive Leadership.
• Develop, implement and oversee the sales and marketing strategic plan
• Compile sales volumes and sales price targets for the various products and monitor and drive sales throughout the year to attain the targets set.
• Ensure that the sales teams and sales support teams are knowledgeable about their products and markets, are fully motivated and energized, and are adequately trained
• Identify export opportunities and work towards achieving steady growth in regional markets
• Manage customer relations in the best way possible, ensuring quality service, as well as building a comprehensive and detailed customer database
• Manage relations with relevant government ministries and departments whose policies and regulations can impact the business
• Build up and provide direction to the marketing team to ensure that the company's brands are leading the market
• Keep management and board well-informed about the livestock market - market trends, competitor activity & pricing, performance of the products, opportunities and threats.
• Good working knowledge of finance to effectively manage budgets and optimise product margins
• Ensure sales staff comply with SOPs
• Manage all social media channels, activities etc.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to you
Education and Professional qualifications
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior position with direct P&L responsibility in a company with over $15 million of annual sales
• A relevant degree in Sales and Marketing with an MBA being an added advantage.
• Prior training in Professional Selling Skills and in Customer Care is an added advantage.
• Prior experience in live stock sector a plus but not essential
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Hard working, persuasive and ability to work under pressure.
• Quick decision making and highly intelligent.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills with experience of managing a large staff complement
• Flair for sales
• Excellent communication skills
• Technology and Social Media savvy
• Value adding and creative (willingness to go an extra mile for the company, staff & customers).
• Enthusiastic, passionate and encouraging to all.
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of the company.
• Results driven.
• Company policy, systems and procedures
• The company's Corporate image and Brand
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.