Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socioeconomic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for a Program Officer – Gender Justice.
Based on Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia, to further refine and implement the organisations country policy and the one programme approach in close co-operation with the local partners, in coordination with relevant thematic colleagues, and in accordance with Oxfam 2020 vision. Oxfam in Tunisia is specifically looking for a high level and experienced professional who is eager to engage in a short-term assignment, and work according to specific deliverables to be agreed upon with the line manager.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Contract Duration: 4 months, with possibility of extension
Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
Location: Based in Tunis
Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia (42.000
TND annual gross salary)
Reporting line: Program Manager
Staff reporting to the position: 2 project officers
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job Purpose - Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Program development and positioning
• Lead development of the women economic empowerment sub program in accordance to Oxfam’s program lifecycle procedures, working closely with local partners and building relations with other
stakeholders in country
• Ensure the program integrates influencing, in close cooperation with relevant colleagues in country and across the Oxfam confederation
• Ensure visibility of Oxfam’s programs in institutional communication and fundraising efforts
Institutional funding / project development
• Engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering funding opportunities with institutional donors
• Write/develop/coordinate project proposals, including deployment of resources,
• Responsible for documenting track records of projects in his/her portfolio
• Contribute in the identification of potential donors according to the strategic priorities of the country program
• Ensure projects approved by donors are developed and implemented in accordance with Oxfam’s project lifecycle Framework
• Ensure supervision of the overall reporting process of projects, in line with donor requirements and Oxfam policies and procedure
• Ensure uploading of program information and results in Oxfam’s administrative system and that
• (digital) archiving of project activities is correctly done and maintained
• Oversee the coordination of partners’ capacity building plan and possible organization and facilitation of capacity development processes for partners.
• Responsible for institutional donors contract management.
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning:
• Design, in cooperation with relevant colleagues, the MEAL framework of the program together
• with partners according to Oxfam’s standards and donors requirements.
• Ensures implementation of the MEAL at program level
• Supervise the daily work of project(s) officer(s) in his/her team working with partners to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate projects
• Oversee recruitments of new staff to be allocated d on newly awarded projects
Thematic and/or influencing priorities
• Initiate the elaboration and implementation of thematic policy priorities in line Oxfam’s priorities
• Explore and implement opportunities to connect to global campaigning work touching on the program,
• Take part in relevant Oxfam working and project groups, primarily in terms of thematic
• knowledge and influencing, with input from partner organizations, and is capable of fulfilling the role of project leader.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Completed an academic degree in a discipline relevant to the specific areas mentioned in relation to development cooperation, such as political science, political economy, sociology.
• Demonstrated at least 4 years of relevant working experience in similar positions in the field in Tunisia and an affinity with international development issues.
• Specific expertise in Oxfam priority programming areas and have direct experience working with nongovernmental organizations.
• Working experience with mainstreaming gender and human rights based approach to programming.
• Experience and knowledge of project lifecycle management
• Experience in organizational analysis and partnership, program development and grant management
• Experience in people management
• Proven experience in fundraising
• Strong financial literacy
• Strong working knowledge of MEAL
• Excellent analytical, social, and networking skills and a team player.
• Excellent communication skills in English, French, and Arabic, both written and spoken.
• Aptitude to learn quickly and to share learning with colleagues and partners.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s values and ways of working and to Oxfam's objectives to promote gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of its actions.
• Strong command of Microsoft office
• Experience in advocacy, policy and campaigning
• Experience in communication
Are you interested in becoming a Program Officer in Tunisia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.