Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for a Business development and funding coordinator.
Objectives of the position
The overall responsibility of the jobholder is to work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering and to grow Oxfam income and partnerships at country level in order to resource Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract, National contract
Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
Location: Based in Tunis
Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia
Reporting line: Country Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
• Significant responsibilities for external stakeholder engagement and relationship management with institutional donors and Oxfam at regional level.
• Engagement both internally and externally on bid development, funding opportunities, and donor strategies.
• Provide specialist advice, knowledge and skills related to partnership-building with institutional donors and Oxfam’s programs in region to a range of Oxfam senior managers and staff members.
• Responsible for growing income from donors working in region for Oxfam.
• Decision-making requires significant levels of judgement based on technical knowledge, experience, and consultation.
• Collaborates with colleagues in different parts of the organization including programs, finance, human resources, logistics, and funding.
• Provides leadership in the design, coordination, and delivery of agreed strategies and plans for resource mobilization.
• Contributes to regional income and budget planning processes according to agreed Oxfam processes.
• Manages bids and proposals with potentially significant financial and reputational impact for Oxfam and its partners.
• Engages with external stakeholders in the development of consortia bids.
• Works across the global program funding function to ensure coherence, consistency and quality in fundraising efforts and results.
• Frequent internal and external negotiation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of the position
Strategic and analytical
• Leads the design and implementation of resource mobilization strategies intended to strengthen income and partnerships to deliver the strategy. Monitors the funding pipeline and leads on income
planning and forecasting.
• Maintain and provide a comprehensive overview of the funding, actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam’s
program; including scoping new consortium/alliance building partnerships with international and local stakeholders.
• Responsible for managing and building Oxfam’s relationships with donor and external business partner representatives at the regional level. Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors and external partners at a regional level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding. Work closely with and support MENA Regional Business Development Manager in the implementation of the regional fundraising strategy in collaboration with MENA Regional Platform Team, Country Directors, Oxfam Donor Account Managers to identify, capture and manage funds to resource the Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia.
• Collate income planning and management information against key performance indicators for use in business reporting and to identify key risks and opportunities.
• Prepares all necessary groundwork for bid development, helps assemble bid development teams, provides effective bid project management at regional level and undertakes quality assurance of
donor bids to ensure high quality competitive bids in order to successfully secure funds from a diverse set of institutional donors and external partners.
• Lead on and/or support large, complex strategic bids and advise on programme management arrangements for complex bids to ensure quality delivery and manage compliance risks.
• Lead on and or support engagement with new, existing and previous donors, develop partnerships with new actors, as well as, helping Oxfam to explore and access new funding modalities and
• Working closely with program teams to actively support/lead on the development of bids in close consultation with the Country Director, Finance and Programme quality teams.
• Active engagement in Oxfam co-ordination mechanisms within the region to improve inter-country and inter-affiliate collaboration.
• Contribute and engage in policy discussions led by Oxfam’s Policy and Campaigns team targeting donor and external audiences.
• Provide support to the Country director on programmatic matters impacting on Oxfam’s income and reputation with donors.
• Lead on fundraising to deliver Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia from donors across the Middle East region.
• Undertake donor research/mapping to identify and create new and innovative funding opportunities in line with Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia.
• Lead on or participate in bid development workshops, to explore new funding opportunities and to support the development of proposals/bids or establishment of new contracts. Lead on organising
inception workshops for large complex and multi-stakeholder bids.
• Provides technical advice in negotiations with institutional donors or business partners over contracts, costs, governance and accountability, and compliance requirements. Advises program and finance staff to deliver strong donor compliance and undertake quality assurance for reports for donors in the region considered to be high risk, in order to help minimize any negative impact to Oxfam’s income and reputation.
• Link with the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities and skills in support of the Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia. Brokering assistance from technical advisers and donor
account managers from across Oxfam.
• Design, develop or adapt training materials for bid development and donor contract management and deliver capacity building training to Oxfam staff and partners on fundraising and donor compliance. Accompany and devolve the essential core skills around donor relationship management, proposal/bid development and contract management.
Management and Coordination
• Develop close working relations with other funding staff supporting Oxfam’s strategy in Tunisia
• Coordinate and share information with the MENA regional platform and EA including attending planning and training meetings when necessary and upholding Oxfam policies and standard business
processes to ensure consistency across the region.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge required for the position
• Demonstrable experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency like Oxfam
• Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilization strategies.
• Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
• Experience of working with technical teams to develop program proposals that are funded by institutional donors and business partners.
• Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilize talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
• Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
• Experience of skills capacity building in relation to program funding or related field.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills in French, and English with ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues.
• Good familiarity with government decision-making processes, both political and technical, including budget processes, appropriation, protocols, and communications.
• Strong proven ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs.
• Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change.
• Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks.
• Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation.
• Staff management experience.
• Written and verbal communications in Arabic
Are you interested in becoming a Business development and funding coordinator? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.