Location: Chamba / Lome - Togo
Reporting to: Managing Director/Director General
Size of team 4 direct, 800 employees indirect reports
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Togo food crop production and processing. The client has two factories in Togo. The factories combined have a processing capacity of over 5000 tons of Raw Cashew Nuts per year. In 2016 – the factories processed roughly 2000 tons of RCN. t There are about 800 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
We are looking for a head of production to have oversight on both factories. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight. It is critical that this leader has lean manufacturing experience to establish and reinforce best practices at our client.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a Head of Production for the plants in Togo. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on productivity and quality. Our client has over 10 years of experience in processing Cashew Nuts and has grow organically from processing 40 Tons/Year in 2005 to 2000 tons/Year in 2016. However, the company now has ambition to grow to 5000-10000 Tons processed per year – and the leadership of the company believes that an experienced Lean Manufacturing Leader is required to take the company to the next level.
The company wants to be best in class in RCN purchasing, processing, in CNSL processing – not just with conventional kernels but also in the fair trade and organic markets.
• Oversees and manage all operations of production.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processing.
• Puts in place Lean Manufacturing best practices in both factories in Tchamba and Blitta.
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
• Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan
• Coach the management team on production plans
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the company’s goals
• Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
• Make financial and production reports for the managing director and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
• Senior Manager with 10+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on operations
• Some knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets and financial reporting.
• Experience in working in (West) Africa
• Industrial background, process management
• Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
• Must be a visionary and lead by example
• Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiastic, accurate
• Structured in work methodology
• Stress resistant and flexible
• € 40.000 nett per annum
• Vehicle, Housing, International Insurance
• Performance based bonus of € 5.000