Do you see yourself as being responsible for effective and successful management of a 4PL logistics service provider? Do you have the experience in a role which involves overseeing the operations within a country and ensuring an organisation is running with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers?
Our client is a large 4PL logistics solution provider. We have been assigned to help them look for candidates who are strategic thinkers with the capability to continue to innovate and grow their locations across Africa.
Your key roles will include but not limited to:
• Overseeing the daily operations in country
• Introducing clear systems and processes to all aspects of the business to ensure the Company is poised for further growth
• Completing tender submissions and due diligence paperwork needed to get us registered with new clients
• Communicating clearly and effectively with the HQ
• Understanding clients' needs and problems and providing solutions using current and potential resources.
• Identifying new projects and strategic areas in which the employer should invest
• Managing a team of appr. 30 people and keep the operations going
• Deal with customer complaints rapidly
• Build and maintain business relationship with the Government
• Ensure that all internal inputs to operations is of the highest quality; HR, Finance, Sales and IT
• Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
• Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
• Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
• Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
• Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
• Problem solving skills to ensure obstacle to progress are overcome
• A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
• Experience in warehousing and general freight forwarding, trucking, airfreight and maritime & port operations
• Experience in mining industry (copper & cobalt) (preferable)
• Minimum of 5 years of Management experience
• Fluent in English
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.