25 years ago our client started its business from Dar es Salaam. They produce, sell and deliver paints all over Tanzania. In order to increase their cleint database of 500+, increase revenue and realise their expanding over other East African countries they are now looking for a new CEO.
The CEO will be reporting directly to the board and has appr. 24 direct reports, 300 indirect.
The position is part of the aspiration to become high performing in product offering, productivity, lean and profitable organization to become best in its class of assets, people, processes, system and Brand to fulfill the mission & vision of the company.
About the position:
This position exists for a talented individual with excellent commercial & technical experience to lead as Chief Executive officer of the company, it entails to liaise with the Chairman and Board of Directors to set and agree the direction for growth and provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the profitablity and sustained growth.
The CEO will also be ensuring the effective implementation of the company’s business strategies and growth plans as well as overseeing the execution of the strategy with the following in tandem:
- Strategy formulation and implementation.
- Leadership in coating industry & segment around East and Central Africa.
- Must be a visionary and lead by the example.
- Should be customer-oriented profile.
- Must believe in transparency and accountability.
Below are few details, which can assist for in depth understanding:
- Advises the Board on the prudent plan.
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations.
- Visionary & Information Bearer:
- Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information.
- Looks to the future for change opportunities.
- Interfaces between Board and employees.
- Interfaces between organization and community.
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board.
- Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff.
- Oversees operations of organization.
- Implements plan.
- Manages human resources of organization.
- Manages financial and physical resources.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of products.
- Ensure best within the industry in terms of product positioning and spread across the country and neighboring regions.
- Be a market leader in whatever the offering the company provides.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management:
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
Human Resource Management:
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Must lead by the example by harmonizing culture that should build the organization to be preferred and respected within the footprints where it spreads across the geographical reach.
- 10-12 years working experience in senior management
- Experience in a similair non food FMCG GM / CEO role
- Experience within system orientated companies
- Experience working in the European market
- Africa experience NOT a must