We are looking for a Quality Specialist to set up, implement, and manage the quality systems of the company, under the guidance of our Quality Manager in the Netherlands.
The overarching role of the Quality Specialist is managing the quality system and proactively supporting the production process across farm and factory operations. In addition, you will monitor the processes by analyzing data from the farm & factory and providing guidance where necessary.
You will be responsible for all day-to-day quality aspects across the entire business. This means you are expected to intervene in the production process when product integrity is compromised, actively identify and plot improvement trajectories with regard to quality, and manage processes in compliance with AVL quality policies and objectives.
• Coordinate quality activities in the event of a crisis or recall
• Check for product integrity
• Functional management of QC control factory
• Establishing standards for process control
• Verification of the process control sheets and data
• Leading the HACCP and Global GAP / validation teams
• Setting corrective and preventative actions with CCP override
• Participate in new product development projects
• Supervise external audits
• Communication with certification bodies (e.g. IFS, Global GAP, organic)
• Giving CCP / quality training
• Ensuring all quality related data are recorded and accessible to relevant parties
• Prepare product specification, validation
• Creating and managing trend analysis
• Troubleshooter in the event of an emergency
• Communicate with the QESH manager in the Netherlands
• Intervening when product integrity is compromised
• Adapt process control to developments in product and process
• Quality assurance and control in factory
• Changes to the handbook/procedures are implemented in practice
• Planning of (internal) audits
• Blockade decision and handling
• Traceability of product from raw material to container
• Managing pest control
Who we are looking for
Education & experience
• Minimum college level degree in Food Technology or comparable field
• Minimum of 5 years work experience, with at least 3 years of experience in the food industry
• Strong affinity with processing natural raw materials (fruits & vegetables)
• Demonstrable experience within a production environment
• Knowledge of and / or experience with quality assurance systems such as IFS
• Knowledge of automated systems, e.g. Microsoft and data from the quality manual
• Affinity with continuous improvement
• Good command of spoken and written English and Swahili
• Detail-oriented, meticulous and precise, while not losing sight of larger process dynamics
• Able to convey the relevance of quality-related activities by connecting it to other people’s work
• Able to give honest and clear feedback where necessary to safeguard quality aspects, including to higher management
• Analytically strong, and know how to communicate effectively at management and operational levels
• A young, growing, and unique business environment committed to quality and sustainability, where you can make a big difference
• A diverse and international team committed to the business
• Competitive salary and appropriate benefits package
How to apply
Send your resume and references, as well as a short motivation letter (max 750 words), to HR@africanvegetables.co.tz. We will send you a confirmation email and inform you of subsequent steps.
Application ends when the position is filled.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.